• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My coworker takes pictures of me while I'm asleep

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm in a loving committed relationship. I'm not going to throw away what I've built with that person.

My coworker and I have a ton in common. Like, to the point if something goes on, all we have to do is look at each other and we know what the other is thinking.

.....shit. That didn't sound good at all.

Do us a favor, ask for this thread to be closed and go spend time with your gf. Do at least one right thing for today. Relationship threads on GAF are just the worst, ugh.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I've been at workplaces where people take pics of others sleeping and it's pretty harmless. The thing is you probably shouldn't be sleeping at work, so it's a "caught you lol" kind of thing. But obviously if you ask them to stop, they should.

I'm in a loving committed relationship. I'm not going to throw away what I've built with that person.

My coworker and I have a ton in common. Like, to the point if something goes on, all we have to do is look at each other and we know what the other is thinking.

Im already invested in your new relationship tho

Hmm......I'm upsetting you fellas? Sorry to be a nuisance guys. Don't want to piss you off.

Requesting this thread be closed. Thank you for the insight and course correction.

Luminaire

why-not-both-animated-gif-7.gif

MIMIC

Banned
*after reading OP*

Me: Why aren't you two going out?

*after further reading*

Me: LOL. Cease and desist.

Dead serious, OP. Tell her to stop (or at the VERY least, that you feel that it's inappropriate and hope that she gets the message). Also, you know you can't realize whatever feelings you have for this woman, right? RIGHT?

Other oddities that go on that I don't know what to feel about:

the warehouse manager, when he hugs me, bites my shoulder or squeezes my nipples
my office manager caresses my hand abruptly when we play cards during breaks
He has also started kissing me on the cheek.

I don't reciprocate these behaviors.

That's not appropriate behavior and if I were you I'd report it to HR, especially if these managers are above you.

Aselith

Is she doing it as some sort of threat? Like do you feel like she's trying to passive aggressively get you to stop doing it because she feels it is wrong or something?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Not coworkers, but I learned a girl who asked me out actually asked her friend to take secret pictures of me before she asked.
OMG! She was using you as fapping material to figuratively spank the monkey before your date! Creepy AND lewd 🙁.

P.s. If this woman is now your wife then please forgive my disrespect.

I know someone who had this happen to him and retaliated by taking pictures of his coworker while he was taking a piss. Don't do this.
He lost his job. Obviously.

Maybe ask her out. Then if it works out, she can take pics of you while you're asleep outside of work.
Lol I wonder what the dudes reaction to that haha

the warehouse manager, when he hugs me, bites my shoulder or squeezes my nipples

That is very odd behaviour indeed 😟

Baki

CoworkerGAF I don't know what to think about this. I take naps instead of a lunch sometimes.

This has happened a few times already and I'm conflicted because I like this person. Almost have a little crush on her too.

Not the biggest fan of people doing things while I'm unconscious though. Am I overreacting?

What's the weirdest thing you deal with from coworkers?

How do I know this is a thing? She walks up to me after I wake and shows me.

Ask her out.

EDIT: Oh....Just read the update.

If you're good friends. Just tell her it makes you uncomfortable.

Tomohawk

If it makes you uncomfortable tell her, but shes probably just teasing you/joking around and wouldnt think much of it.

Famassu

I mean, hard to say without actually seeing the pictures and knowing the person. There's a difference between

1) Finds you out each time you sleep at work, takes stalkery pics where she sneaks up close to you to take close-ups and trying to get some kind of sexy shots that she then prints out, draws hearts around your face and plasters on the walls of her apartment & uses as the desktop background image on her personal PC

vs.

2) something more innocent. Like she sees a friend coworker sleeping at work, maybe thinks that you look funny with your mouth open or something and takes a quick shot and then shows you with a "lulz, look at what you looked like when U were sleeping", "haha, caught you sleeping at work again", and then forgets the pictures are even on her phone afterwards.

I've had people take pictures of me sleeping and I've personally taken pictures of sleeping people. The situation has usually been something that is just funny or maybe I/they have looked funny while sleeping for some reason or just someone sleeping at a more public place and that makes it more or less picture worthy.

Link1110

I do that sometimes, but I send the picture to the person and tease them about it. People nap pretty rarely where I work

What the fuck I'm going to sleep

Where the fuck do you work bruh?

fade_

She obviously hates you OP. I would contact HR immediately. Could you imagine if it got to the point where she could watch you sleep at home? The horror.

Does your job hire a lot of people that have been fired from other places for inappropriate behavior?

Mohonky

She takes pictures of you.

You have a crush on her.

Ask her "hey why do you take pics of me" but say it in a playful way. Its your ticket in to get to know the person and maybe love?
This.

She might think you look cute in your sleep.

Or maybe she is trying to picture what you look like dead?

Dali

Lmao at the topic. If you're on lunch then it's pretty messed up but me and my coworkers years ago used to do this. We werent on lunch though. This one dude I caught slipping so many times I had enough to change his desktop background to a big picture of him sleeping with a thought bubble floating up of another smaller picture of him sleeping.

Edit: I just read the last few replies above what I posted and apparently this is a totally different situation.

Replicant

Depends on your relationship with her OP. My best friend took a video of me once while I was asleep in the living room while we were watching a film. He even provided a narration.

But I could tell it was done because he was fond of me as a friend and find it amusing. So I actually treasured that video. Have it doubled stored in two different hard drives as a memento of our time together now that we live in two separate countries.

I have no reference of your relationship with her other than you have a mild crush on her. So...

I have never let on that I have a liking to her. GAF is first to know, tbh. I keep it professional because I like where I work and want to keep moving up on $$$.

The latter sounds..... like something she would do if she had a thing against me. She keeps complimenting me in front of other coworkers though so I doubt it.

Oh wait, she has a crush on you too then.

kotor22

Real answer: squash the picture taking and your manager touching you, report to HR if you need to.

Or sleep with both of them

Or you know ask your partner what they think instead of asking GAF lol, if you cant muster the courage to ask them about it then youre obviously hiding something from them, if it was just weird pic taking yall can talk about it.

Top Bottom