• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My first 10 minutes with a PS5 were awesome! If only there were more...

Aenima

They said 15 days or less, but we'll see. It has to go to France and back, apparently.
Before sending it, try leave it on just flashing the blue lights. Most ppl that have this problem can reboot the console in safe mode and doing a factory reset to the console fixes the problem. There was a guy tought that also could not reboot in safe mode, but he let the console on for 20 minutes and eventually it booted by itself.

nowhat

A brief and (hopefully) final update to this saga. UPS bought the console back yesterday right to my front door (which was nice) - or well, not the console but a console, according to the attached letter I received a new unit. I guess whatever was wrong with the old one was so fundamentally borked it wasn't worth trying to fix it. But seems to work fine now. The whole process took 13 days, which considering the pandemic and that it went to France and back isn't too bad at all. And it didn't cost me anything, other than the hassle of going to the post office. It'd be even nicer if UPS/some other courier would pick up the return from home as well, but I guess you can't have everything. In the end, I have a working PS5 and MM looks completely sweet in the 60fps RT mode. Life is good again.

Robins

A brief and (hopefully) final update to this saga. UPS bought the console back yesterday right to my front door (which was nice) - or well, not the console but a console, according to the attached letter I received a new unit. I guess whatever was wrong with the old one was so fundamentally borked it wasn't worth trying to fix it. But seems to work fine now. The whole process took 13 days, which considering the pandemic and that it went to France and back isn't too bad at all. And it didn't cost me anything, other than the hassle of going to the post office. It'd be even nicer if UPS/some other courier would pick up the return from home as well, but I guess you can't have everything. In the end, I have a working PS5 and MM looks completely sweet in the 60fps RT mode. Life is good again.

Good to hear it worked out swiftly bud.

Top Bottom