• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friend decided to sell his Alienware PC and wants GAF to help him (Buyer's Remorse ITT)

It's sad to see my friend deciding to sell his PC after all the hours he's invested in researching about the best possible PC desktop rig to get.

Luckily, we live in a time where we can sell things online and I believe it's best that he sells his PC sooner or later because the economy gets worse.

So he is asking GAF for advice on how to maximize his chances of selling it at minimal loss.

It's brand new condition and he's thinking of selling it on EBay first. Is there other marketplaces that would buy the PC Rig?

I'd say don't sell it. When the economy crashes and money is worthless, we'll go back to physical item trading.
But seriously, list it on Ebay or your local trading site and hope for the best.

Shin

Banned
PC/Personal Computer, it can be all shiny new and the value would still plummet the moment you put it together.
He might get about 60%-75% for it, new and under warranty or not.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It's sad to see my friend deciding to sell his PC after all the hours he's invested in researching about the best possible PC desktop rig to get.

Luckily, we live in a time where we can sell things online and I believe it's best that he sells his PC sooner or later because the economy gets worse.

So he is asking GAF for advice on how to maximize his chances of selling it at minimal loss.

It's brand new condition and he's thinking of selling it on EBay first. Is there other marketplaces that would buy the PC Rig?

Unless he finds someone who specifically wants an alienware desktop he's going to take a big hit.

Sakura

It's a desktop right?
Maybe I'm confused, but if there is stuff he doesn't like about it, couldn't he just sell the individual parts and replace them with better ones? I don't know much about Alienware computers, but they are gaming computers so I'm sure it has a good graphics card etc at least right?
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Also the friend is actually you, right OP?

Last edited:
Top Bottom