• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My game has made the Guinness Book of World Records. Um...YEAH!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So way way back I was playing my PS1, and threw in the Playstation Magazine Demo. On it was a demo of an import game called Ore no Ryouri. It was an awesome cooking game that I couldn't get enough of.

ryori_screen020.jpg

So about six years ago I created a fan game based off of it called Ore no Ryomi, using Game Maker. Here's a screen of my game:

ore1.jpg

Most of it was done using old paint programs, so it's pretty ugly.

So anyways, "marioandluigi206" on my forums bought the Guinness Book of World Records the other day and found this:

guiness.jpg

There's a picture of my game, under Cookery. There's no credit to the pic or anything mentioning Ore no Ryomi, just the pic.

So ah, yeah. I'm officially in the Guinness Book of World Records! Woo! :lol

diss

Banned
well that's pretty random. i guess it's nice to know that someone checked out your game though

but yeah there is a distinct lack of records on that page. it reminds me of those ads in video game magazines which try to pass themselves off as valid articles

congrats though i guess :p

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Nice... grats dude! You figure they google image searched "cooking game" or some other similar phrase, and yours was the first result?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Hah, congratulations!

I had the same thing happen on a lesser scale when EDGE had some of my Pokémon fanart appear in one of its articles. That was a shocker too.

jaydogg691

I think I remember that cooking game demo. Is it the one where you cut stuff and fill up drinks using the analog stick.

Hixx

Wow. I used to play your game loads back when I was really into GameMaker. It was probably one of my favourites to tell the truth, up there with Jumper etc. Had no idea that you made it, like.

Cool stuff.

shuri

Banned
GenericPseudonym said:
That page is seriously lacking in world records. I mean the old 1970s Book of Records that I have kicks the shit out off these new editions.
it went to shit around 1996 or so. Back then they were filled with interesting stuff, but now, it's completly lame.

Wes

venison crêpe
Record Breaker!

Awwwwwwrrriiiiggggghhhtt *cycle pumps fist*

Only Brits will get this reference

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hah, I dont know how they found that pic since I cant seem to find one based on simple google searches of "Cooking game"...huh.

Speevy

Banned
Good deal, I might have a way yet to get you Ore no Ryouri.

I'm getting a HK 200 ticket and all I need is Catan, so I'll have some HKD to blow.

You're going to get so much ass now it's not even funny.

In all seriousness, that's pretty cool. Unfortunately, I'm not available right now.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Speevy said:
Good deal, I might have a way yet to get you Ore no Ryouri.

I'm getting a HK 200 ticket and all I need is Catan, so I'll have some HKD to blow.
Speevy, you would be the most awesomest person in all of awesomeland. :D

b.e.r.g

Haha, grats man. How totally random and totally awesome!

Who's that douch all over the page though? Man that book has changed. Doesn't look very professional no more =/

OnPoint

I'd probably be kinda pissed if they did that without crediting me, but that's still kinda cool. Better than I've done so far haha

dallow_bg

nods at old men
How hard is it for non-Japanese speakers to play Ore?
I imagine pretty hard. I have some spare HK cash and was thinking of trying it.

Speevy

Banned
dallow_bg said:
How hard is it for non-Japanese speakers to play Ore?
I imagine pretty hard. I have some spare HK cash and was thinking of trying it.

You can't play it without learning what the orders are, but the game itself is outstanding. so your call.

Ravidrath

Man, Ore no Ryouri is awesome.

Someone really needs to make an updated version of that... dare I say it... maybe even on the Wii?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Congrats Chubigans. I wish I had a story like this to tell during a drinking party. Make sure to get the actual book at any cost. :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, the book itself isn't very good, but I collect Guinness record books so I might as well add it to the collection. The actual records are in the back and since this is the second edition you can get a record in pretty much any game. Passed one level in Wario Ware? Congrats, you are a record breaker! The Guiness Book of Gaming Trivia would be a more appropriate title.

Guinness are not the best at selecting images. It was either in the '97 or '98 edition they mentioned Mario Kart 64, but chose a beta picture with Kamek in it. Confused the hell out of me when I was young thinking wither he was a secret unlockable or there was another Mario Kart game out there.

Oh, I'm rattling on. Congratulations.

Top Bottom