• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Girlfriend is boring, should I break up with her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greekboy

Banned
Montreal? I was there for first time last month and ran a few red lights because the light stands are so low in some places and just pop out at you. I also turned right on every red light. What is the purpose of that anyway? Is it allowed in Laval?

Gotta love the Frenchie chicks though. ;)

EDIT:
Date of Lies said:
If I dump her, she'll have a hard time getting over me, but I think she's strong enough to not come crawling back.

Getting over you? I get the sense she was never really into you. Look, you are both 16 and very young, hence the games. Stay cool and just get "pumps" out of it. If you really want to make her wet then knock out that dude in front of her. ;)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
She sounds fishy. Not telling this other guy that she has a boyfriend is a red flag.

Split it, and then quit it. I hate to say it, but she sounds like the type that is going to flirt a lot and then make a mistake one night after a few drinks...her actions clearly show that she doesn't know if she wants to be in the relationship.

Dump her, she should come back in a few months. I've dealt with that type before. This guy isn't going to care about her...I've seen this scenario far too many times. He might like her now, but I don't think its going to last.

She's asian. I don't like quebequer chicks.

She's pretty naive and all. Fact is, she tells me she loves me alot and so on. I think she is very much into me. But I also see her as having a lack of control and the scenario with the few drinks comes quickly to me. I'm ok with the fact that she flirts alot, in fact, I encourage it. But using someone like that is not something I'd really approve of but maybe I'm sometimes guilty of it.

I asked her "Do you think that if he finds out for sure that you have a boyfriend, it will hurt your friendship" and she obviously said yes. This is the obvious boytoy talk because she knows he'll find out eventually, but she just doesn't want to be the one to tell him and hopes he won't bring it up or something.

I dont even know if she's interested in him in that way. She tells me he's nice all the time. I dont think he has what it takes to get with her at all. But before I meet him, I couldn't be able to say for sure.

But don't think that I'm afraid of turning the page, cause I have no problem with that. She only needs to give me a good reason and I'll say: "yeah, well, I'm gonna start seeing other people now kthx."

EDIT: BuddyC: why?

Lisa Lashes said:
Getting over you? I get the sense she was never really into you. Look, you are both 16 and very young, hence the games. Stay cool and just get "pumps" out of it. If you really want to make her wet then knock out that dude in front of her. ;)

Hahahaha, I made her what she is. Before, she couldn't even flirt with guys properly. One of those super innocent little girls with no confidence. I've changed her so much, it's not even funny. Think she'd be taking car rides with 20 year olds in their BMWs to go see some naked chicks dancing if it wasn't for me?

Yo, if a guy has the skill to "take her away from me" then I'd congradulate him.

But this isn't the guy. He's just annoying me, that's all. The fact that he hits on some 16 year old when he himself is 20 is perticularly lame. He's getting played by a teenager from what I can tell.

Greekboy

Banned
Date of Lies said:
Hahahaha, I made her what she is. Before, she couldn't even flirt with guys properly. One of those super innocent little girls with no confidence. I've changed her so much, it's not even funny. Think she'd be taking car rides with 20 year olds in their BMWs to go see some naked chicks dancing if it wasn't for me?

Yo, if a guy has the skill to "take her away from me" then I'd congradulate him.

But this isn't the guy. He's just annoying me, that's all.

I hear what you're saying but sometimes girls just view you as the guy that helped them get over an obstacle and don't attach any feelings to it. She could be taking the ride with the dude because it's a BMW and that makes her wet, the fact he's older and she wants him to accept her even though she's younger, or because the sense of perceived adventure that the older guy might be creating in her mind is turning her on.

P.S. I know what you mean about the annoying guys but sometimes as guys we'll find any guy annoying or not "worthy" because we have feelings for the woman in question or because we see her as our "property" and nobody else's.

Date of Lies said:
She's asian. I don't like quebequer chicks.

I love them both. There's a chick I met at my gym that I'm sort of seeing that's from Rimouski who is a lot of fun. She loves her rails though. Toronto women on average are very lame so I find this Quebecois chick to be a breath of fresh air, sans the blow of course.

BlackMage

Banned
Why would she say "none of your business" if he asked if she had a boyfriend or not? That's fucking stupid and clear sign for dumping the bitch.

Lisa Lashes said:
I hear what you're saying but sometimes girls just view you as the guy that helped them get over an obstacle and don't attach any feelings to it. She could be taking the ride with the dude because it's a BMW and that makes her wet, the fact he's older and she wants him to accept her even though she's younger, or because the sense of perceived adventure that the older guy might be creating in her mind is turning her on.

P.S. I know what you mean about the annoying guys but sometimes as guys we'll find any guy annoying or not "worthy" because we have feelings for the woman in question or because we see her as our "property" and nobody else's.

Yeah I also know what you're saying, the fact that he's older and drives a fancy car, I mean, even if he doens't know shit, it's still a very present factor.

But here's the deal: I don't know for sure. I am aware of the possibility though, obviously.

And I'm not saying he's not "worthy." I think it's fact that a 20 year old that works and has a car can "provide" alot more than a 16 year old student. But if this was a battle of facts, I would have already lost. This isn't the case though. Besides, I asked her non-chalantly that if she wanted to go with him, I had no problem with it, to which she replied "Oh stop it", once again.

What I do not want though, is if she came to me one day with "I'm really sorry, we had too much to drink and one thing led to another...etc"

But like I said, I can't know for sure. So I'm wondering if I should take some pre-emptive action.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
I'm close to your age, I just turned 17. I don't take girls as serious as you, I suppose. They come and go for me, I especially don't like to have an "official" girlfriend as things often sour too quickly or get messy eventually. Sure, the time that you have with a partner is a beautiful thing, but it can become a hassle for me.

Anyway, forget all that. Point is, you're 16. The other point is, this chick is flirting with a guy who's 4 years older than you. Plus, he's got that BMW, and I wouldn't have mentioned that if you didn't bring it up more than once but you seem to feel threatened by that fact.

I guess the real problem here is that your in another country. If you were in canada I would say "Well don't be afraid to play her own game, and find a side chick of your own" or "Dump her bitch ass and find someone new." But then again this whole problem-scenario could be avoided if you were actually in Canada and you could entertain her with your love and time. When you're out on a foreign exchange program, it's only natural for your chick to find another guy to spend her time with since you're not there.

What I'm trying to say is I have no clear answer to your problem. I think it's hard to make judgement on a situation like this one through an online forum, but I think if you have the looks and you're not too picky, you'll find another hot mama soon after you get back in Montreal. If you're comfortable with this chick and you think you can kick this BMW guy's ass, I'd stay stick with her.

But don't forget, a relationship, ESPECIALLY AT OUR AGE, shouldn't be all about grievances. You're way too young for that bullshit. Do what makes you happy. If this chick makes you happy, then hey, you're fine the way you are now, wouldn't you say? If you're becoming overly worried that she's with another guy, or you're getting jealous, then don't be afraid to do the same thing. After all, you're in another country. Who wouldn't want some foreign lovin?

Greekboy

Banned
Ummm, he's in Vancouver. That is still Canada.

EDIT: And dude you are only 16 so fuck the relationship(s). Go out and enjoy your freedom as a virile and energetic young buck.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Date of Lies said:
Yeah I also know what you're saying, the fact that he's older and drives a fancy car, I mean, even if he doens't know shit, it's still a very present factor.

What I do not want though, is if she came to me one day with "I'm really sorry, we had too much to drink and one thing led to another...etc"

Just wanted to say that: This guy is bringing her to parties in a BMW. You hearin' this shit?

Come on, it doesn't make sense. This guy may be more interested in her than we know, and the same may go for her. Chances are, he's probably trying his hardest to make that above scenario come true. Why else would he bring her to so many damn "rockin" parties?

Jonny said:
Why would she say "none of your business" if he asked if she had a boyfriend or not? That's fucking stupid and clear sign for dumping the bitch.

Most good looking girls don't tell you when it's the first thing you want to know about them.

They either say: "Why do you want to know?" and not tell you. Or just "None of your business." Because it is none of his business and it's a retarded question.

FACT: Most good looking girls are don't make sense. Hell I can stub her in every argument or debate we've ever had. The facts are against her. I always win. I always prove to her that she makes no sense. But she'd still rather push her "I dont know why I did that" or "I don't know" replies. I dont get angry at her because you can't expect more from them.

FACT: I do it all the time.

Greekboy

Banned
Badabing said:
Just wanted to say that: This guy is bringing her to parties in a BMW. You hearin' this shit?

Come on, it doesn't make sense. This guy may be more interested in her than we know, and the same may go for her. Chances are, he's probably trying his hardest to make that above scenario come true. Why else would he bring her to so many damn "rockin" parties?

To fuck her. Plain and simple.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Lisa Lashes said:
Ummm, he's in Vancouver. That is still Canada.

O I didn't read that. When I read "Exchange program", I automatically assumed it was similar to the ones all my friends are a part of. Many of them are off to Europe.

jett

D-Member
Where I come from, we have a word for the kind of girl you are dating: whore. Dump her.

edit: Am I crazy or did your nickname change?

miyuru

Date of Lies said:
Most good looking girls don't tell you when it's the first thing you want to know about them.

They either say: "Why do you want to know?" and not tell you. Or just "None of your business." Because it is none of his business and it's a retarded question.

FACT: Most good looking girls are don't make sense. Hell I can stub her in every argument or debate we've ever had. The facts are against her. I always win. I always prove to her that she makes no sense. But she'd still rather push her "I dont know why I did that" or "I don't know" replies. I dont get angry at her because you can't expect more from them.

FACT: I do it all the time.

And you don't mind dating a girl like this?

The only reasons I can think of why she wouldn't say anything is because she's keeping her options open, if you know what I mean.

Socreges

Banned
She's boring? Of course, dump her.

while she's 16 (and so am I)
Sorry Vancouverites, other than the Mandarine garden and the night market, Vancouver is boring as hell. The night-life sucks bigtime too.
Try the downtown arcade, junior. It's SUPER!
95% of all girls are ugly or already have boyfriends (which they bring up alot).
Haha, you just incriminated yourself.

Badabing said:
I'm close to your age, I just turned 17. I don't take girls as serious as you, I suppose. They come and go for me, I especially don't like to have an "official" girlfriend as things often sour too quickly or get messy eventually. Sure, the time that you have with a partner is a beautiful thing, but it can become a hassle for me.

Anyway, forget all that. Point is, you're 16. The other point is, this chick is flirting with a guy who's 4 years older than you. Plus, he's got that BMW, and I wouldn't have mentioned that if you didn't bring it up more than once but you seem to feel threatened by that fact.

I guess the real problem here is that your in another country. If you were in canada I would say "Well don't be afraid to play her own game, and find a side chick of your own" or "Dump her bitch ass and find someone new." But then again this whole problem-scenario could be avoided if you were actually in Canada and you could entertain her with your love and time. When you're out on a foreign exchange program, it's only natural for your chick to find another guy to spend her time with since you're not there.

What I'm trying to say is I have no clear answer to your problem. I think it's hard to make judgement on a situation like this one through an online forum, but I think if you have the looks and you're not too picky, you'll find another hot mama soon after you get back in Montreal. If you're comfortable with this chick and you think you can kick this BMW guy's ass, I'd stay stick with her.

But don't forget, a relationship, ESPECIALLY AT OUR AGE, shouldn't be all about grievances. You're way too young for that bullshit. Do what makes you happy. If this chick makes you happy, then hey, you're fine the way you are now, wouldn't you say? If you're becoming overly worried that she's with another guy, or you're getting jealous, then don't be afraid to do the same thing. After all, you're in another country. Who wouldn't want some foreign lovin?

Yo, I get you, trust me, I get you. This might be my first real relationship. The reason? She has not really given me a good reason to break up with her.

Also: I do have a chick or two on the side in Van. And I know I can find alot more. But I was happy with her, what can I say?

I am not intimidated by this guy in the least. Hell if he comes to me and asks nicely, I'll give her to him.

Now that I think of it, when he finds out that she has a girlfriend, I wonder if he'll be angry, it would be real funny if he was. He does alot of "Kong-Fu" and I think he might try something. Man that would be funny.

I do not respect this guy because he doesnt know shit and is using the fact that he's older and drives a nice car to give him a leg up on teenager. Which is weak shit anyway you look at it. You think I'd be waiting around some 16 year old bitch for a month in hopes of getting laid if I was that old and had a nice car? Fuck no. This guy is weak as he makes himself out to be.

I'm wondering if I can trust her. I'm not worried about some guy that does promotions for clubs for a job.

Maybe I like being in a relationship, I don't know.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Date of Lies said:
I'm wondering if I can trust her. I'm not worried about some guy that does promotions for clubs for a job.

Maybe I like being in a relationship, I don't know.

Relationships are all about trust. If you don't have any of it, then it's not much of a relationship. :-\

Typically, that "trust" thing usually comes in handy in this very situation.

I think it's a bit quick to call her a whore. If she flirts, it's her right, don't tell me you plan on tying up your gf if/when you get one. It's one of the things that keeps her interesting. And the reason I don't tell women when they ask me that is because I want the flirting to be more interesting, no shit.

Hell if I knew she was a whore, I'd never have gotten with her.

But I was her first and blah blah blah. But I dont KNOW for SURE if she would ever cheat on me. But I'd know she'd regret it alot and won't be able to not tell me. She's like that.

Guys I dont know, but it's sort of a turnoff when your girlfriend is TOO much into you. Because most of the time, they just get so jealous. Trying to clip my wings. Which is why I had alot of 1-2 week relationships. But this girl, she learned to know and understand me. Before me, she "wanted to wait until mariage, blah blah blah."

Now she flirts, plays, teases, etc. She's just more like me, but I dont know if she has the self-control.

Maybe I was wrong to corrupt her, but hell, I just wanted to FHUTA like everyone else.

if anything, wait until you get back home and see how everything pans out. if everything is back to normal and she isn't going out with the "lame ass" all the time then let it be. however, if you're cancelling plans because "lame-O" called and wants to take her to a crazy party then...

ps: in my opinion this guy's probably already fucked your girl. sorry :(

tenchir

I am not intimidated by this guy in the least. Hell if he comes to me and asks nicely, I'll give her to him.
?

WTF? That's just fucking wrong. What's with asking opinion of strangers on forum about what to do with your flirting girlfriend when it's your fault that turn her that way? After hearing that you already got some girls on the side, you should be the one who gets dump.

She could have someone nice, but somehow you got her first and changed her to something you don't like now? I just hope her relationship with men don't get fucked because of you if you ever dump her(or hopefully vice versa).

tenchir said:
?

WTF? That's just fucking wrong. What's with asking opinion of strangers on forum about what to do with your flirting girlfriend when it's your fault that turn her that way? After hearing that you already got some girls on the side, you should be the one who gets dump.

I 100% agree here. You sound really full of yourself and cocky ... but not funny. I mean wtf "give her", do you think she's your property or something?

tenchir said:
?

I haven't cheated on her, I just have female friends here, that's all.

tenchir

Date of Lies said:
I haven't cheated on her, I just have female friends here, that's all.

The fuck with cheating on her, you admitted you change her into something you don't like..... like yourself? You probably thought that she's too much like you and know what she could do because YOU ARE CAPABLE OF DOING IT. You also admitted you can be more than friends with your female friends. And aren't afraid if you and your GF breaks up, because you have female friends as backup, what does that say about you? Have you even thought what you done to her? Asking us for our opinion instead of fixing the shit yourself by.... I don't know.... TALKING TO HER???

My advice to you is cut off relationship with ANY females, because they don't deserve this much shit.

Whatever dude, I can't talk to her about this because she wouldn't understand.

But talking to you guys makes me feel a bit better. It's nothing that serious really, I'll get throught it no problem. Thanks for listening.

Date of Lies said:
Whatever dude, I can't talk to her about this because she wouldn't understand.

But talking to you guys makes me feel a bit better. It's nothing that serious really, I'll get throught it no problem. Thanks for listening.

I'm going to avoid calling BS on you (even though this thread seems to be about you giving yourself an ego boost) and just skip to the point. NOT talking to her about this isn't really helping you, you do know that right?

tenchir

Ugh.... I don't know why are you are feeling better, simply because I don't see you as the victim. The GF seems really nice before she met you, instead of thinking about her feelings and "let's wait until marriage," you changed her into a chick that most of us wouldn't trust hanging out with other guys.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
LOLOLOLOL this is cute. Date of Lies...no offense, but you have a lot to learn about girls. Sorry to rain on your parade playa playa, but this cat is already fucking your girl. TRUST ME!

BlackMage

Banned
Date of Lies said:

What a load of bullshit.. Maybe girls YOUR age. And how is that a retarded question? Fucking kids, I swear...

isamu said:
LOLOLOLOL this is cute. Date of Lies...no offense, but you have a lot to learn about girls. Sorry to rain on your parade playa playa, but this cat is already fucking your girl. TRUST ME!

Look, I know he's not fucking her, so you can cool it down.

And I bet I know more about women than you do.

aoi tsuki

She turned him down a lot of times but he kept on coming back until she had to say yes.
Ha... "had to".

isamu said:
Haha, IAWTP. He's four years older, has a BMW, and she's afraid of telling him she has a boyfriend because she doesn't want to get excluded from his parties? FYI: "Parties" in this case not only means "social events" but also "cock". Face it, he hit it or in the very least, things went further than she's telling, which means he hit it up the ass.

Hit it again if you like; it doesn't really matter at this point.

i problly woulda hit it and dumped her at "none of your business". Besides, you've got lots of female "friends" right? ;)

J2 Cool

Boy is this one gonna end bad. Dont take that as playing the pessimist, there's too much bullshit. The whole thing is knee deep in it. If you wait this out months and keep dealing with it you're going to want to kick your own ass by that time for laying any emotion and distraught on this.

My suggestion. Lay it on her. Go off on her, tell her how much bullshit this is. To her it's a cute little game but ask her any thoughts that enter your mind and tell her how you want this shit to stop. If you're too scared to test the relationship its already too shaky. Also, chances are even if you're completely positive, something happened. Probably not her doing it with him. But maybe an akward moment, kiss, make out, something.. I know the easiest thing is to dimiss this and other replies and believe only in your own opinion but this is dating. Not everyone here is just trying to piss you off. Some are trying to help and giving you their opinions based off experience.

Get this, last girl I was interested in. Before me she's kissed 2 guys. Nothing beyond that. We'd gone out before and broke up. Became great friends, still did stuff. Got to a point where we were basically unofficially together again months later. This is the type of games. It wasnt official which is just an excuse for her be free of guilt and expectations. Stupid games like these I ignored. One night I was gonna sleep over at her house meanwhile. She still lives with her family but I know them real well and they were actually cool with it. I was gonna help out with this picnic thing the following morning. But anyway, I come over around 7 and as I get there she's on the phone. One of her best girlfriends. She says she wants to go out with her and some old friends tonight. She doesnt want me with meanwhile because i dont know any but one and it's people she really wants to see and hang out with. Ive heard their names mentioned about her past but never met most.

One of the people is a guy. He's flirted with her on the internet and he's one of them 2 guys from her past. Only kissed mind you. They're flirting is like truth and dare games over the net and they play out the dares when they see each other. Little shit like that. Real friendly stuff right. So she goes and tells me to come back around 12 or 1 to sleep over. Oh, but she needs a ride to her friends. I do that and wait there awhile. Her friend and her are getting dressed, ready, etc. Im the valet waiting for the drive back. But she couldnt do this right in my face right? I mean, there couldnt be more to this when she's this blunt with it. All the people actually then go to the house Im waiting at. So I see the bunch of em and they ask if im going and I just walk out. My girl comes running out in a second and gets in my car for a ride to her house real quick. Then asks if Im mad.. Tells me just this time she doesnt want me with. So I go along and the games ammount up. I come back at 12. I really dont even want to be with the girl at this time she pissed me off so much. Then when I see her she's angry with me. Says my parents are pissed at her. She called her to them to see if she could find where I was and they thought I was with her. So they got in an argument actually. Me, I dissappeared for 5 hours not wanting to go back home and ruin my parents 20th anniversay day. Somehow I come back and more bullshit.

Then as she settles down realizing im not gonna take any of this shit she tries sweet talking and trying to act sexy for me, offering sex. Not saying she didnt get me to where I wanted it but i was disgusted with her at the same time and said wasnt up for anything. I ask her about one of the guys she was with, the one she flirts with. How having seen him the first time in 3 months went. Asked her straightly if they kissed. She looks shocked and admits he gave her a peck as they left. Im even more digsusted. The next few days are treat her like she made me feel and she only keeps the sweet talking beggin for forgiveness going about another day.

Then things cool and we are good again. Soon as that happens she mentions she's hanging out with those friends again. One of them has a graduation and they're all hanging out. So she says it'll be an all day thing and she wont see me that day. Again I ask her about the kid who gave her a peck are next chat. She says he gave her another peck. Anyway, bottom line is we begin seeing each other more spread out. Really something i didnt believe would last but it only got worse. I later found out in those first 2 times hanging out the peck was actually him fingering her and making out.

How did I find this out? When a month or so later our whole relationship is different and she's pissed at that guy as she recently found out he ate out his first girl. I ask her why would she be pissed at him. They're not dating and as far as I know you could care less what i did with someone else when we weren't dating. I did this knowingly she had something in hiding. Kind of a mockery of what she did to me. Then she admits that they actually did stuff and he did this a week after last seeing her. Kinda mirrored how she did shit with someone else 3 days after offering me sex. She only hid it because she knew I still cared even while not dating.

Basically I called her and all her friends sick and she should have expected it. Told her she's just contributing to a bunch of shit that I know she doesnt want to happen to her. Its like a revolving cycle. She didnt like it very much. So I talked to her maybe 3 or 4 times over the last 2 and a half months of summer and moved on. Not without learning a lesson for being aware at the first hint of bullshit. I made 2 big mistakes also. I should have hit it the last chance I had and left with a smile and I should have listened to GA. They warned me 2 months before all this when I had some other crap to deal with, same girl. You'll feel a ton better without her. Trust me.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Just out of curiousity what ethnicity is she? Japanese? Chinese?Korean? Filipinio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom