• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My god...this is the best ad I've ever seen...(ABSOLUT GREYHOUND)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr3upmushroom

Banned
Jun 18, 2006
so in the future we will all dress like Lady GaGa?...count me out.
Also we'll drive miles out into the desert to watch robot dog races.

We've finally overcome the whole issue of mistreating animals that plagues dog and horse races, but we still do it in secret because...

Chichikov

Jul 26, 2006
What's the hell did that have to do with Absolut?
They're not selling a drink, they're selling the idea that you should order greyhound with absolute.
The whole point is to make it memorable so that the phrase Absolute Greyhound becomes ingrained in people minds, so that they order it, instead of just a greyhound.

As for how successful they are in that attempt, I will give them a partial mark, it's well done but I feel this theme have been done before and have been done better.
And I like the music.

TheExodu5

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
They're not selling a drink, they're selling the idea that you should order greyhound with absolute.
The whole point is to make it memorable so that the phrase Absolute Greyhound becomes ingrained in people minds, so that they order it, instead of just a greyhound.

As for how successful they are in that attempt, I will give them a partial mark, it's well done but I feel this theme have been done before and have been done better.
And I like the music.
Well, I saw Absolut in there...I still have no idea what Absolut Greyhound is. I figured it was just a random theme given to the ad for no reason in particular.

Mr. E. Yis

Banned
Jun 7, 2004
Looks pretty I guess. But kind of stupid, pointless, and boring. The definition of style over stubstance. I think the Dos Equis guy commercial was more interesting.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Jun 26, 2009
Norway
Looked like a Lady Gaga video, only with bad music on top. So I guess that means it looked like a Black Eyed Peas video.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
May 27, 2009
Best part of that video was this Burlesque Futuristic Scifi Woman:

She'd be a perfect Bioshock villain.

FairyD

Jul 24, 2005
So what's a greyhound? Is it vodka and lemonade? Or vodka and cranberry juice?

Sarcasm

Jul 15, 2010
So what's a greyhound? Is it vodka and lemonade? Or vodka and cranberry juice?
Vodka and grapefruit. It even shows a grapefruit in that video. Also on side "How to mix a vodka greyhound"

Video was boring btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.