• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

cntr

Banned
Yeah, most of the manga arcs are about 10 to 15 chapters.

The Sports Festival is the longest arc in the series, at 23 chapters, and it doesn't look like it's gonna be dethroned anytime soon.

Yeah, most of the manga arcs are about 10 to 15 chapters.

The Sports Festival is the longest arc in the series, at 23 chapters, and it doesn't look like it's gonna be dethroned anytime soon.
I really love it. By the point MHA is at, a lot of Shonen have fights as long as MHA's arcs. Breakneck pacing.

trejo

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Obviously I think the character is shit and you guys are fans of the show and will defend everything about it. That's cool too.

Still hyped for the festival to get going.

Puruzi

Banned
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Obviously I think the character is shit and you guys are fans of the show and will defend everything about it. That's cool too.

so basically you didn't read anything we said

cool

Obviously I think the character is shit and you guys are fans of the show and will defend everything about it. That's cool too.

So because we think Mineta is a good character...we defend everything about the show? Wut...You just interpreted a scene extremely and in a close-minded way. Of course you were going to be corrected.

TheFlow

Banned
Mineta is trash but that is why I like him. He is basically the worst of anime/manga fans put into a character.

Most people here agree the character is shit. That's why it's so entertaining to watch him get the stuffing knocked out of him every time he mouths off or tries something pervy.

So that is what Mineta was going to say? It happened so fast I couldn't process it

He was gonna make a PMS crack.

kurahador

Really not a fan of Sports Festival arc in the manga. It's so pointless and like most series, these fighting tournament thing is just lazy IMO...well except maybe when Dragon Ball did it.

cntr

Banned
Really not a fan of Sports Festival arc in the manga. It's so pointless and like most series, these fighting tournament thing is just lazy IMO...well except maybe when Dragon Ball did it.
I can't agree, because the Sports Festival
isn't actually about the tournament itself.

cntr

Banned
Just don't post detailed spoilers. People are going to talk vaguely about future stuff either way, and I know from the Jojo threads that it's impossible to stop that.

A separate spoiler thread is way overkill.

Just don't post detailed spoilers. People are going to talk vaguely about future stuff either way, and I know from the Jojo threads that it's impossible to stop that.

A separate spoiler thread is way overkill.
Not to mention it'd almost certainly be unpopulated, since most spoiler talk is in response to not-spoiler talk.

Just don't post spoilers at all. Super simple. I don't get how this is hard to understand.

Talk about what happens in the episodes.

Ganhyun

Watched the first season not too long ago and liked it. I saw this thread by chance and was excited as I had recently wondered when this would be coming out.

If this is like the first season then I think I'll like it.

I have not read the manga at all btw.

Magwik

Banned
It's simple, talk about spoilers in the manga thread, where they have actually happened already. This thread is for the anime as it airs only.

TheFlow

Banned
It's simple, talk about spoilers in the manga thread, where they have actually happened already. This thread is for the anime as it airs only.

this as well. MHA has a giant thread already where you can talk about anything. Let the anime only watchers enjoy

manfestival

Just don't post spoilers at all. Super simple. I don't get how this is hard to understand.

Talk about what happens in the episodes.
I had to think deeply before making a post last night about spoilers which wouldn't have been intended. Reading manga is cool and all but I want more and now I hate this feeling of waiting

daffy

Banned
So annoying when debbie downers that have read the manga come in here and complain about the current JUST BARELY EVEN STARTED anime arc like... can we not even be hyped now?

ionitron

So annoying when debbie downers that have read the manga come in here and complain about the current JUST BARELY EVEN STARTED anime arc like... can we not even be hyped now?

Hm, I read the manga and I'm still hyped, just didn't think the first episode was super good. I'm sure they'll keep a faithful adaptation. All the talk about pacing is a little silly though, no way to know for sure.

TheFlow

Banned
Hm, I read the manga and I'm still hyped, just didn't think the first episode was super good. I'm sure they'll keep a faithful adaptation. All the talk about pacing is a little silly though, no way to know for sure.

first episode of a new season tends to recap a bit anyway.

Moaradin

I think it's a bit early to say how things will go. The first episode does a lot of recapping and setting up for upcoming events, but that's pretty standard when it comes to introduction episodes. We'll see how it is once we're actually in the middle of things.

Puruzi

Banned
Go ahead and be hyped, you can be hyped even if other people aren't.

I think it's a bit early to say how things will go. The first episode does a lot of recapping and setting up for upcoming events, but that's pretty standard when it comes to introduction episodes. We'll see how it is once we're actually in the middle of things.
This isn't based just on this episode, the pacing in the first season sucked ass too and also spammed flashbacks.

It's fine ignore them. I'll be your hype partner!
----------------
And seriously even if the pacing stayed slow, the anime would still be the best.

Because even if you people like to complain about it, the slow pacing doesn't really hurt the shows quality. Flashbacks I can understand the sentiment a little.

Magwik

Banned
It's fine ignore them. I'll be your hype partner!
----------------
And seriously even if the pacing stayed slow, the anime would still be the best.

Because even if you people like to complain about it, the slow pacing doesn't really hurt the shows quality. Flashbacks I can understand the sentiment a little.
Years of One Piece have taught me a very important lesson: no recap can ever be as bad as One Piece.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Years of One Piece have taught me a very important lesson: no recap can ever be as bad as One Piece.

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is pretty close. Every episode has a long ass recap, including the clip shows, which clip content that was in the recap, and then the following episode recaps the clip show.

Sou Da

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is pretty close. Every episode has a long ass recap, including the clip shows, which clip content that was in the recap, and then the following episode recaps the clip show.

They were really wary of kids not being used to a serialized toku show.

cntr

Banned
The flashbacks are the big thing, though.

Like, for example, when Deku tells Bakugou that he's never going to give up, they insert a flashback to the bit where Ochako talks about it despite the fact that it happened in the same episode, and the manga didn't do anything but show Ochako's face. That weakened the scene. Or the scene where Deku, Tsuyu, and Mineta on the boat, which took about a single chapter to happen, not an entire episode.

I don't get why you guys are angry we're complaining about legitimate flaws like that. Even if you enjoyed it, does that mean we're can't think it a bad adaptation?

I excused them for Season 1 because they had an awkward episode count and production issues, but they have no reason to do the same thing for Season 2. I'll happily eat crow if Episode 2 is better, but if it isn't... why would they do that? There's no reason other than Toei-style greed. That's what pisses me off.

Top Bottom