• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Idiotic friend is now buying PC Games on GOG. Is he FINALLY doing the right thing this time around? (The Gogfather: Part III)

Knch

Crysis, Dusk and Amid Evil.

I gotta say, you seem very jolly today and in a mood to make threads. :)

ppUuxGi.jpg

Last edited:
My stupid dumb idiotic friend is going buckwild with the new Lunar Sale on GOG and purchasing some pretty sweet deals on exclusive games such as Thief 1/2/3, Witcher 1 & 2, Dues Ex, Doom, and EviLore EviLore 's favourite System Shock 2.

So GAF, what other essential games on sale right now on GOG would you recommend my friend to purchase as well?
If you're friend is using GOG, he's definitely not an idiot.

Tell him to enjoy actually being able to own his games.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Here are some of my picks:

Nightrunner

Get The Saboteur if you like sandbox games. Basically GTA set in Nazi-occupied Paris.

If you're into Star Wars get Republic Commando which is a fun FPS where you control a squad of stormtroopers and Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy is also a pretty decent FPS w/ fun lightsaber combat.

If you like horror games Clive Barker's Undying is a very atmospheric FPS - especially amazing if you're into Gothic Horror.

Last edited:
Get The Saboteur if you like sandbox games. Basically GTA set in Nazi-occupied Paris.

If you're into Star Wars get Republic Commando which is a fun FPS where you control a squad of stormtroopers and Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy is also a pretty decent FPS w/ fun lightsaber combat.

If you like horror games Clive Barker's Undying is very atmospheric FPS - especially amazing if you're into Gothic Horror.
Already have Saboteur (8.5/10 game, really good!) On the PS3.

Definitely gonna keep an eye on Jedi Commando and Undying :D

GAF, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH GAMES O SHOULD BUY FROM THIS LIST:

GAF, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH GAMES O SHOULD BUY FROM THIS LIST:

I think you should get the original deus ex but mostly because it is a classic.

It's not on your list but I think you should try dead cells, ftl and slay the spire. I don't particularly like those genres but I think those games are awesome to play (not just to say you played them). Slay the spire has a pretty cool mod scene. Maybe you can mod in snake and have him uses his cards from metal gear acid.

I think you should get the original deus ex but mostly because it is a classic.

It's not on your list but I think you should try dead cells, ftl and slay the spire. I don't particularly like those genres but I think those games are awesome to play (not just to say you played them). Slay the spire has a pretty cool mod scene. Maybe you can mod in snake and have him uses his cards from metal gear acid.
Got FTL and Deus Ex!

Blond

Banned

This is a steal for 10 bucks. In addition, you can turn the conversations to manual and see where Bioware blatantly ripped off the conversation wheel they're famous for.

GHG

Gold Member
Oh shit, now we're getting serious. Don't forget to keep in mind my recommendations regarding that beautiful series.

- Also, GOG is awesome, always buy off GOG rather than Steam if you can find the games there.

In addition to this advice, download and install GOG Galaxy 2.0:

You can link all your gaming accounts, track playtime/achievements etc and launch games from there, it's amazing.

TKzaFzP.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
You know what ended up being pretty damn awesome is that Half-Life 2 mod that's just called Update. It's surprising how well it modernizes the game while also keeping it very respectful of the original formula.

Griffon

Keep calm, don't buy too many games at once. Sales come and go, there will be more.

GoG is cool for the no-drm, but steam is cool for the automatic refund option if you don't like the game.

Last edited:
Keep calm, don't buy too many games at once. Sales come and go, there will be more.

GoG is cool for the no-drm, but steam is cool for the automatic refund option if you don't like the game.
We checked the price history for the games and it seemed like it couldn't go any lower than this. Plus GOG may go down sooner or later so why not buy it now!

I'll definitely make a steam account fir my friendo soon, thanks for the heads up!

Top Bottom