• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My little brother beats me up what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Dust said:
Wording has a lot to do with it. You wouldn't actually say "my brother is beating the shit outta me"
True, but I'm pretty sure that's what the cops are going to hear. As soon as the OP is out of earshot they'll probably call him a pussy, too.

schick85

alphaNoid said:
I laughed at this, your little brother beats you up? know why? its not because you're smaller its because he has NO respect for you.

all little brothers respect their older bro, so you done fucked up somewhere along the line. learn how to get respect back and your problem is gone.

weaseled dick your way out by calling for help and he will never respect you, never...because you can't face him like a man...like an older brother.
So much truth in this post.

JackEtc

My brother does this to me, except I'm 17 and he's 14. He's also fucking crazy. I think I'll just buy a taser gun and get him good one day.

diffusionx said:
Take off and nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

use this
25376-bigthumbnail.jpg

Sirius

Don't drop your guard:

sparringp1.gif

On a serious note: undertake a martial art. Learn self-defense and learn what you are capable of. Despite what most people here have suggested, becoming physically stronger is not the point here - that is just a means by which one can project their dominance over others; which is what your brother is currently doing.

Given his behavior, it does not seem likely that he is capable of exacting any form of effective dominance without resorting to physically threatening or harming you; this is your greatest strength. You are his older brother and will always be his older brother; nothing can change that.

The reason why undertaking a martial art (and the right one!) will, I believe, help you to restore confidence in your abilities is because it will teach technique and instruct how to affect your opponent with their own strength, not yours. Don't take me the wrong way: thinking of your sibling as an opponent does not create the ideal mindset for maintaining peace between yourselves (which is the by far the best possible resolution). I am simply speaking generally here: devoting a part of your life to a martial art will give you a clearer understanding of your capabilities, it did for me and it still is.

Just my 2c. I'm keen on helping you in any way - you wouldn't have asked GAF if it wasn't important; so don't think you are wasting your time asking a bunch of strangers on this matter.

If you guys fight in the house, do what Jason Bourne does: Find a rolled up magazine and hit him really hard across the face. Or find a book a beat the shit out of him with it.

Eff that.

If he's fighting for real - which he must be, since he's beating you up - then show him what a fight's really like. Fists, feet, makeshift weapons (don't shoot/stab/slice your brother, but thrown objects, knucks and bats/sticks should be fine)...you need to hurt him and reestablish order. He wants to fight? Then give him a real one.

You are the older brother. You don't take crap from minors. You need to believe that in your own head...and you need to make him believe it by knocking it into his own head.

WarMacheen

1. Wait until he sleeps

2. Zip tie his arms and legs to the bed

3. Beat him senseless

4. If he threatens you

5. Zip tie his neck

6. Go to bed

This will most likely result in jail time, but you will have sent a message. Once in jail you will most likely become someone's bitch, but if you can manage to survive, you will have learned how to fight back by the time you are released.

Once you are released and if your brother managed to survive your initial attempt at reeducation repeat steps 1-3, if necessary proceed to steps 5-6.

Or you could just skip all this and fucking stand up for yourself, fight back.

Try this.
Dip your left hand(or right if you're lefty) deep in some ground red pepper bag,and cover your right hand(or viceversa again if you're lefty) with a glove with stones inside,or simply wear lots of big rings.
When he's about to ask for problems,swiftly put the hand you dipped in pepper on his face,open palm,in order to touch both the eye and nasal area;
use the opening you created to strike him with the gloved hand,repeatedly until necessary.
Congratulations,you just sent your brother to intensive care.

ultron87

I fail to see how any of these violent solutions, including the ones involving sneak attacks or waiting till he's asleep, don't result in the OP getting his shit kicked in even more harshly the next day.

ultron87 said:
I fail to see how any of these violent solutions, including the ones involving sneak attacks or waiting till he's asleep, don't result in the OP getting his shit kicked in even more harshly the next day.

Because we all actually live on some stupid movie where the brother is just a schoolyard bully. Standing up to him even just once (even if you lose horribly) will somehow show him the light, and he will never bully anyone ever again.

Even if you move out or fight back/pull a knife on him, it sounds like your brother is still a psycho, and the abuse would be transfered to future gfs/wives/kids. It doesn't sound like something you can leave alone. He needs help.

Have we heard back from OP? I haven't been following this since last night.

Anyway, if talking doesn't work, you can always go the "crazy" route. All you have to do is convince him that you're one crazy motherfucker, and that messing with you will result in something he can't even imagine. You don't even need to use violence, just an unnaturally calm voice and very powerful, unflinching eye contact.

Attacking him while he's asleep or sucker punching him is stupid, but fighting back will help. And I love how all of you seem to think the police butting in would help him at all. Have you guys had siblings before? Have you been in fights? Have you fought back to a bully?

And MamaRobotnick bringing up the whole "Think of him as an older sister :'(", are you fucking serious? The whole point of equality was that women are of equal right and opportunity to men, and that they are able to take care of themselves and have jobs, not that men can act like damsels in distress and cry for help when they can fix it themselves.

Face it people, violence will forever exist. And it does have its uses and the world needs it sometimes, grow the fuck up.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Hmm, damn. I don't know what i would do in your situation....tell your parents?

Personally i would just hit him with something, teach him a lesson. He's younger, and you need to get back that respect.

KaotikMind said:
Attacking him while he's asleep or sucker punching him is stupid, but fighting back will help. And I love how all of you seem to think the police butting in would help him at all. Have you guys had siblings before? Have you been in fights? Have you fought back to a bully?

Prove it.

Why won't the police help him? Assuming his brother is a normal person a small sit in the slammer will serve as a good warning to not do this kind of shit again. A psychopath would take the small sit in prison as an excuse to beat the shit out of his brother even more, in which case fighting back against him might not help either.

I've had siblings. However, this kind of shit generally ends at a young age. You dont have brothers beating each other up when unprovoked at ages 18 and 21.

His brother sounds like more than a bully to be honest. Physically assaulting someone should have legal consequences at his age.

Angry Fork said:

We've only had so many threads of police incompetence. We ignore all the cases where the police have served there intended purpose of protecting the innocent, because such cases often aren't newsworthy. I highly doubt the police are as useless as people would like us to think with all the "FUCK THE POLICE" threads.

KaotikMind said:
And MamaRobotnick bringing up the whole "Think of him as an older sister :'(", are you fucking serious?

I'd imagine a lot of internet tough guys would be calling for the brother's head if the OP were female. Not all internet tough guys can be as progressive as you.

AtomHeart

Neo Member
2/4 of the posts in this threat seem to be pathetic internet tough guy bullshit.

As some of the smart people have said, call the cops.

my older brother used to beat me up. then one day i jumped on his back while he was watching tv and choked him out till he passed(while telling him he was going to stop picking on me) out and gave him two black eyes while he was passed out.

didnt mess with me anymore

dont call the cops unless you fear for your life. its could potentially ruin your brotherhood forever

fuzzyreactor said:
my older brother used to beat me up. then one day i jumped on his back while he was watching tv and choked him out till he passed(while telling him he was going to stop picking on me) out and gave him two black eyes while he was passed out.

dont call the cops unless you fear for your life. its could potentially ruin your brotherhood forever

And how old were you and your brother? Assuming you were not yet adults I consider that kind of brotherly fighting normal.

Also he's already stated that he and his brother were never close. I don't think he cares about "ruining" an already nonexistent brotherly relationship.

MYE

fuzzyreactor said:

Do you know how close you were to doing something life-wreckingly stupid there?

MYE said:
Do you know how close you were to doing something life-wreckingly stupid there?
no, because i know the difference between a breathing body and a dead body

i wasnt in survivial mode fighting for my life. i had a plan and knew that i could only choke him for so long

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Its too late for any of this reestablishment of a position of respect or dominance. That boat sailed a long time ago, after he got past puberty.

All he can do know is rule by fear.

Angry Fork

Obsessed said:
We've only had so many threads of police incompetence. We ignore all the cases where the police have served there intended purpose of protecting the innocent, because such cases often aren't newsworthy. I highly doubt the police are as useless as people would like us to think with all the "FUCK THE POLICE" threads.
This is probably true in small towns and states that don't have large cities, but in NYC every single cop i've come across has been an overwhelming douche prick. I've met/come across about 30 or so in my life because apparently I have the face/style of a drug dealer and get pulled to the side to be searched very often. Everytime I see a cop car my heart skips a beat because they're likely gonna stop me assuming i'm guilty of some shit. The concept of "if you have nothing to hide you shouldn't be worried" has no merit either because these guys seem 100% the type to lie and fix evidence so they don't have to do real work that day.

I've never met a respectful cop in my life, they're there to rack their arrests up so they can look nice to their superiors, they couldn't give a fuck less about helping normal people. Whenever a cop does something wrong like tazering people, shooting/murdering people etc. they all cover it up and defend the bullshit (and any cop who disagrees is penalized and left isolated from the group). They don't follow the traffic rules and do whatever they want because nobody calls them out on it and everyone is like 'well their job is so tough, so it's okay for them to break rules once in a while lolol' bullshit giving them tons of excuses. Fuck them.

I swear if I met a police officer that would just talk to me sensibly and actually listen to what I have to say without trying to scare the shit out of me with threats i'd have more respect for them, but i've never met such a police officer and i'm convinced they're in the minority. Police in large cities are state-sanctioned gangs and the bad reputation they have is well-earned.

In fact the brother in the OP sounds like he has the mentality of a cop maybe he should apply, that way he'll get paid to beat people without punishment.

DarkKyo

My little brother and I have an awesome relationship, but I don't think he could beat me up unless he got me by surprise. He is much taller than me but I doubt he is as strong.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Some of you people here are really something... I'll just speak about one of the latest comment for now.

Choking your brother until he passe out.. giving him 2 black eyes...

And then you tell him calling the cops would ruin brotherhood forever? And what you did didnt? The hell?

Fuck man, if i did what you did to your brother, that would ruin brotherhood forever and much more than that, it would affect all my family and my parents would never want to talk to me again.

Bisnic said:
Some of you people here are really something... I'll just speak about one of the latest comment for now.

And then you tell him calling the cops would ruin brotherhood forever? And what you did didnt? The hell?

Fuck man, if i did what you did to your brother, that would ruin brotherhood forever and much more than that, it would affect all my family and my parents would never want to talk to me again.
not everyone was raised a pussy. sometimes you have to earn your respect and calling the police or mommy aint going to cut it.

me and my bro are close. sure for a month he hated me but we laugh about it now

KaotikMind said:

And MamaRobotnick bringing up the whole "Think of him as an older sister :'(", are you fucking serious? The whole point of equality was that women are of equal right and opportunity to men, and that they are able to take care of themselves and have jobs, not that men can act like damsels in distress and cry for help when they can fix it themselves.

Face it people, violence will forever exist. And it does have its uses and the world needs it sometimes, grow the fuck up.

If only we had some type of government funded organization of people who devote their lives to helping protect people who can't protect themselves.

fuzzyreactor said:

i wasnt in survivial mode fighting for my life. i had a plan and knew that i could only choke him for so long

Something tells me we don't want to know exactly how fuzzyreactor knows the difference between a breathing body and a dead one.

Kelthink

fuzzyreactor said:
not everyone was raised a pussy. sometimes you have to earn your respect and calling the police or mommy aint going to cut it.

me and my bro are close. sure for a month he hated me but we laugh about it now

I think I'd rather be a pussy than a psychopath, ta.

kehs

Banned
Bisnic said:

You're either an only child, or the age difference with your siblings is large.

Obsessed said:
Prove it.

You want a demonstration or something? Brothers(yes even that old) have fought for years and fighting back has always made sure that there was mutual respect between them, him going to the authorities will make him lose even more respect in his brothers eyes which in turn puts OP in a worse situation even. Fighting back IS the best way to not only gain respect, but end this. You have not proven at all why calling the cops would help him in the long run at all.

Why won't the police help him? Assuming his brother is a normal person a small sit in the slammer will serve as a good warning to not do this kind of shit again. A psychopath would take the small sit in prison as an excuse to beat the shit out of his brother even more, in which case fighting back against him might not help either.

Its not wether the police can help him or not, it is the end result. Let us look at the possible outcomes:

1. His brother shuts up and reforms after he learns about TEH JUSTICE!1!!!(Highly unlikely)

2. His brother will lose even more respect for him, resent him for putting him in jail and given him a criminal record. And therefor more torture and more long term pain and the longer this goes unresolved.

I've had siblings. However, this kind of shit generally ends at a young age. You dont have brothers beating each other up when unprovoked at ages 18 and 21.

I'm sorry that not all brothers are like you and yours, just because you guys grew up does not mean others automatically mature at the same time.

His brother sounds like more than a bully to be honest. Physically assaulting someone should have legal consequences at his age.

Oh puh-leaze, just because he's more of a physical bully doesn't make him more than a bully.

I'd imagine a lot of internet tough guys would be calling for the brother's head if the OP were female. Not all internet tough guys can be as progressive as you.

Well sir i agree with this statement, and just for clarity fighting back will not solve everything, but it is the best solution and his brother will start backing up and respecting him more when he sees he isn't a pushover.

Harry Dresden said:
If only we had some type of government funded organization of people who devote their lives to helping protect people who can't protect themselves.

Oh but we do sir! They are called the police! They help those under real danger, like hostages at gunpoint, those threatened by murderers and ex-cons, witnesses who could be murdered for what they have seen, not a squabble between siblings where one is not in immediate danger but is too much of a pussy to fight back.

In the end, this is just a part of the classic case of the pussyfication of the modern male.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Copernicus said:
You're either an only child, or the age difference with your siblings is large.

I got 3 brothers, but the difference is only of 3 & 6 years old.

The thing is we respect each other, the last time we fought was when we were kids 8-13 years old. Now that we're at 21-27, we're adults and we have matured and we have normal and peaceful lifes. Why the fuck would we beat and choke each others?

If having a normal and peaceful relations with my brothers makes me a pussy, than so be it. I don't want anything to do with fuzzyreactor "manly" relation with his brother.

MYE

fuzzyreactor said:

Oh, okay then

Sanjay

fuzzyreactor said:

Still dumb as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom