• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj1108

Thnikkaman said:
Ranking cartoon horses is dumb and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Come on.... give us your pony rankings. You know you want to.

1. Twilight
2. Rainbow Dash
3. Fluttershy
4. Pinkie
5. Applejack
6. Rarity

But if I could tie everyone for first, I would. :\

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Fluttershy decides to half-ass her own top pony list. If you don't like the list, don't blame me; she's the one who's just so damn casual about it.

lEtod.gif

Orcastar

Say no to pony rankings and yes to some pony rap!

I think the song was posted before, but the video is new. I don't listen to much rap myself, but damn if this isn't some quality stuff. And the video gets massive bonus points for starring the best pony (shared first place).

Acerac

Banned
Captain Fish said:
Nice job Panda!

Wow that was some nonsense on the previous page.

Applejack is great. She's great at being a support character to other members of the mane 6, but isn't always the straight man. Some of my favorite moments of the show were interactions between her and another pony. Some examples include: Twilight Crying, Pinkie Pie stare-down, All of 'look before you sleep' and 'fall weather friends' and helping Fshy up the mountain in Dragonshy.

She has responsibilities and throws herself into them. She volunteers to help out her friends, family and hometown because she wants to.

She even gets a couple of cool action scenes despite her earth pony 'handicap.'

It's kinda disgusting to call her greedy for wanting to get some nice things (read: nicer home and medical procedures) for her family. Sure it may not be the most fantastic goal, but it's one I can relate to more than the others.
Nonsense!? Everypony is allowed to like and dislike the mane 6 as they please. ;)

Amazingly, all the episodes you listed that made for highlights made me like the characters AJ was interacting with, but not AJ herself... other than the Pinkie Pie staredown. OK. That was the one time that AJ was awesome this series.

If you go to parties to sell apple fritters than you are a very boring individual as well. Sorry, I call it how I see it.

I guess AJ should get recognition for making all the other ponies look better in comparison. She has set them up to be funny rather often. I guess that is something positive? That and the one time she was funny.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
NEO0MJ said:
Did anyone read Cracked's social network article? It had an...interesting pony pic!

By interesting you mean essentially a censored Rule 34 pic?

The Applejack hate/apathy is vivid here. She's one of my favourites. I think she's a character that feels the need to overcompensate for not being a pegasus or unicorn, but I admire her work ethic and her strong personality. I guess people look into the GGG event and look at her as greedy, but it's her family business, it's all she really has and it was an opportunity to market it.

I'm totally going to make one of those super creepy waifu pictures with the image on the monitor and some related food item in front of it. Applejack has a known birthday date doesn't she?

Flutteryshy is my #6.

tiff

Banned
Rickenslacker said:
I'm totally going to make one of those super creepy waifu pictures with the image on the monitor and some related food item in front of it. Applejack has a known birthday date doesn't she?
I hope so, because Applejack would be perfect for something like that.

Not that greedy to think of how you want to replace your granny's broken hip. or how your whole family can barely survive on the hard work you all do. whereas others can just magic up a few million in gems

MAN UP, SOLDIERS

Here is the pic
Edit 2: Double-checked gaf rules and took the link out for MANY REASONS. Go to cracked.com and ctrl-f "social" to find it in three seconds.

Edit: nothing surprising to anyone who's been on the internet for over 2 minutes, which is partly the joke

Acerac

Banned
Owlowiscious said:
Not that greedy to think of how you want to replace your granny's broken hip. or how your whole family can barely survive on the hard work you all do. whereas others can just magic up a few million in gems
I agree. It is a shame she isn't as awesome as Rarity. Perhaps if she were, I'd not dislike her so.

If you wouldn't mind being a gentlemen, 2th.

You could probably just change the link to the actual article, but like I said the picture isn't anything special one way or the other if you're used to the internet (sincere apologies if ONE OF YOU made it during the good-natured godless/lawless tinychat sessions).

OMG Aero

Rickenslacker said:
The Applejack hate/apathy is vivid here. She's one of my favourites. I think she's a character that feels the need to overcompensate for not being a pegasus or unicorn, but I admire her work ethic and her strong personality. I guess people look into the GGG event and look at her as greedy, but it's her family business, it's all she really has and it was an opportunity to market it.

Flutteryshy is my #6.
I'm not really sure where this comes from. The only episode I can think of where this would be applicable is Fall Weather Friends and that wasn't really her over compensating and more like her thinking (rightly or wrongly doesn't matter so no-one start this argument for the 500th time) that wings gave Rainbow Dash an advantage and she wanted to compete on equal footing.
Applejack has a lot going for her character and doesn't need to compensate for being an earth pony. More often than not she is second in command, she is the strongest physically of all the main characters and her business is probably doing better than Rarity's and she wouldn't have two of those three if she wasn't an earth pony.
And before someone mentions it, Twilight lifting all the apples isn't proof that a unicorn could do her job because she is an extreme outlier. Notice how Rarity didn't do the same thing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
I'm not really sure where this comes from. The only episode I can think of where this would be applicable is Fall Weather Friends and that wasn't really her over compensating and more like her thinking (rightly or wrongly doesn't matter so no-one start this argument for the 500th time) that wings gave Rainbow Dash an advantage and she wanted to compete on equal footing.
Applejack has a lot going for her character and doesn't need to compensate for being an earth pony. More often than not she is second in command, she is the strongest physically of all the main characters and her business is probably doing better than Rarity's and she wouldn't have two of those three if she wasn't an earth pony.
And before someone mentions it, Twilight lifting all the apples isn't proof that a unicorn could do her job because she is an extreme outlier. Notice how Rarity didn't do the same thing.

I hope that race envy is never a plot point of an episode.

OMG Aero said:
I'm not really sure where this comes from.
Maybe I'm just overthinking it because she's had an episode where she's specifically against Rainbow Dash, and another against Rarity, along with the episode where she refused to accept help and she shrank as an effect of poison joke. Poison joke seemed to target specific aspects of the cast, Rarity to her beauty, Fluttershy's gentle voice, Twilight's magic, Rainbow Dash's ability to fly... I'm not really sure where to go with Pinkie Pie there honestly, but I took that Applejack shrinking is an attack on her sense of capability.

It's just an impression I get off her.

tiff

Banned
OMG Aero said:
Twilight could probably do everyone's job twice as good anyway.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
tiff said:
Twilight could probably do everyone's job twice as good anyway.

Eh, not really. Maybe she could cheat for physical tasks like Applejack's or Rainbow Dash's jobs. But she can't take care of animals like Fluttershy. She can't design dresses like Rarity. And she can't bake like Pinkie Pie.

tiff

Banned
ZealousD said:
Eh, not really. Maybe she could cheat for physical tasks like Applejack's or Rainbow Dash's jobs. But she can't take care of animals like Fluttershy. She can't design dresses like Rarity. And she can't bake like Pinkie Pie.
I'm sure she knows a magic spell or two for all of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom