• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not really you I'm lashing out at, mind, it's more the artist seriously interpreting the situation and running with it like that. I know I tend to blow my personal pet peeves out of proportion, and I apologize for that, but this Derpy situation is kind of above and beyond...

I think the lack of an episode this week has gotten to everypony in the thread.

139106%20-%20fluttershy%20Fluttershy_no_mercy%20no_episode.png

Ikael

I just knew about the whole Derpygate thing and well... it left a sour taste in my mouth. Not as if it is the end of the world, but there we go, yet another small victory for puritanism 2.0 and the PC brigade embarking on their holy mission and making the world duller (and Derpy's scenes less funny, too). Gah. I need some cute in order to make up for that:

Black-Box

cute, but I think there's one thing that I've noticed I don't think anyone else noticed, the fact that Hasbro hasn't taken down any videos from my knowledge, or gone after anyone. I've noticed that lots of people announce that anything pony related they say MLP is owned by Hasbro something I haven't really seen much before with other things

kunonabi

Just heard the new Derpy and I really don't like the voice and how the rest of the segment was censored. This sucks about has bad as casey kasem crapping all over Aladdin.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
cute, but I think there's one thing that I've noticed I don't think anyone else noticed, the fact that Hasbro hasn't taken down any videos from my knowledge, or gone after anyone. I've noticed that lots of people announce that anything pony related they say MLP is owned by Hasbro something I haven't really seen much before with other things

They've gone after some videos on youtube, but they're not militant about it. They have a legal obligation to protect their brand, but at the same time they don't want to piss off the new fanbase.

I just knew about the whole Derpygate thing and well... it left a sour taste in my mouth. Not as if it is the end of the world, but there we go, yet another small victory for puritanism 2.0 and the PC brigade embarking on their holy mission and making the world duller (and Derpy's scenes less funny, too). Gah. I need some cute in order to make up for that:

That's only for the edit of "The Last Roundup". Derpy will be fine.

"On the issue on Derpy whether she'll have the same Derp face expression and stuff. As an animator of the show, rest assured, she'll be fine."

Black-Box

They've gone after some videos on youtube, but they're not militant about it. They have a legal obligation to protect their brand, but at the same time they don't want to piss off the new fanbase.

only really didn't know that, but its good that both sides respect each other

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It's not really you I'm lashing out at, mind, it's more the artist seriously interpreting the situation and running with it like that. I know I tend to blow my personal pet peeves out of proportion, and I apologize for that, but this Derpy situation is kind of above and beyond...

The fanbase can get a little melodramatic at times. Yes, it was lame that Hasbro changed Derpy but at least they didn't completely edit her out.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
As promised, the first round of voting is now over, and the top three choices were, in alphabetical order:

- "I just don't know what went wrong!"
- "Oh, we got opportunity, in this very community!"
- "The fun has been DOUBLED!"

So, we now have a three-way (instead of two-way because there was a tie) runoff vote until post 20,000! Send me your PM's again, please!

Y'know, it occurs to me that the first thread didn't die until well after page 400, somehow or another.

So, uh, what happens if we hit 401? Will we get to engage in any awesome 4th Day bug scenarios or something?

Narag

Too lazy to PM. JUst count whatever fish votes for twice.

Y'know, it occurs to me that the first thread didn't die until well after page 400, somehow or another.

So, uh, what happens if we hit 401? Will we get to engage in any awesome 4th Day bug scenarios or something?

If a mod notices, instructions to get a new OT will be left or the thread will just be locked based on the understanding a new OT is forthcoming.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

I believe "Mods are asleep, post ponies" rule applies.

I'd be happy with either 1 or 3.

3 fits it being OT2, doubled and all that.

But 1 is the first line from the character who essentially represents and symbolizes the adult male internet fanbase of FiM

blamite

I don't really have a strong opinion on the matter but "fun has been doubled" sounds way better that "thread has been doubled" imo.

McNum

As promised, the first round of voting is now over, and the top three choices were, in alphabetical order:

So, we now have a three-way (instead of two-way because there was a tie) runoff vote until post 20,000! Send me your PM's again, please!
Message sent!

No points for guessing my vote.

PBalfredo

All good choices but I'm going to go with "Oh, we got opportunity, in this very community!", since it's the only one with a double meaning since "The thread has been DOUBLED!" didn't make the short list.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
We're going to cap this thread on the 1 year anniversary of the first thread.

EDIT: well, probably. Don't go overboard in posting for a few hours.

$200

Banned
Finally watched all the episodes there are. The latest four are soooooooooo good. Now I have to wait every week for new episode :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom