• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] Surely You Saw This Coming

Thanks to Myke for my birthday present...even if my birthday was in February. We never figured out what we wanted to do at first, but now he drew this:

LuffyZoro

I thought for a second that you included the mare in the moon, but I don't think that's the case. Something looks off about the galaxy?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Do you want me to be nice or do you want an actual critique?
image.php

MYIij9P.gif

Village

Aiight.

I ussually don't comment on the colored horse pictures, but I really like doing space art so Imma say some stuf

heavens_below_by_mykegreywolf-d7jc5ce.png

So First off obviously the moon and space stuff are at an age that is visually confusing with the water effects you are trying to have going one. But whats is also possibly at a weird angle is the ripples in the water, if they are ripples. The ripples are at an angle and ar a color that make me think that they are clouds being illuminated by the moon, and at that angle it looks like the boat is kind of sitting in jello. That fish dying a stationary death.

Next the space part, so I see you tried to portray a very large collection of stars and tried to erase the middle to give a milky way kinda feel I think a more smaller condenced sett of stars fading into the night sky instead of that bulk works a lot better. It kinda just looks like spray paint, especially with obvious Photoshop eraser brushing in the middle. Try a low opacity soft spray paint eraser brush in this situation , it works wonders. Also just a suggestion, throw some colors in there besides blue for space, throw a little green or some red mixed in there, photoshop has gradients that fade into nothing, neat ways to add colors into space using that and lowering opacity layers.

The coloring on the pone's and the background lilipads and flowers and stuff is a bit different , but i actually really like what you did with the lilly pad stuff. Its one of my favorite parts of the picture, even though the angling on some of the lili pads look like they exist at another angle so they look upside down.

The picture is cute and I enjoy it and it some ways its artistically invigorating it makes me wanna draw even though I just did , and its actually edging me closer to actually drawing a colored horse. Closer anyways.

Feel free to brush all this off as a weird guy talking about your art on the web, these are just my opinions and are by no means to be taken as Gospel

Cheerilee

Kudos to the individual who is first able to tell where I made a blatant mistake in that picture.

The angle of the viewer compared to the reflection of the moon and shooting star on the water's surface does not match up with where Luna and Blue Ace appear to be looking.

But that's not a mistake, because they're obviously looking at something else. They're looking at another shooting star, and this one is significantly larger than the one seen in the reflected water, because the shooting star reflected in their eyes is much beefier than the one reflected in the water (eye-reflections are tiny compared to water reflections).

McNum

Oh my gosh! Yay.

My Little Top Gear - Friendship is Ambitious but Rubbish

Why does this mashup work so well?

But wait, there's more! Top Gear actually commented on the video!
Top Gear said:
Someone’s been interfering with ponies. Luckily, they’re not real ones – this is a worryingly well-executed video mashup of the My Little Pony cartoon and Top Gear. It is deeply, deeply odd.

Jeremy’s morphed into Rarity, Hammond’s Fluttershy, James is
Pinkie Pie and the Stig’s Twilight Sparkle. Which, coincidentally, is what they call each other in the office.

Click on to watch The Mane 6 wearing a hat, Photo Finish doing something else and Twilight Sparkle listening to the Bee Gees. You will be troubled. You have been warned.

And on that bombshell, it's time to end this post. Good night!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
The angle of the viewer compared to the reflection of the moon and shooting star on the water's surface does not match up with where Luna and Blue Ace appear to be looking.

But that's not a mistake, because they're obviously looking at something else. They're looking at another shooting star, and this one is significantly larger than the one seen in the reflected water, because the shooting star reflected in their eyes is much beefier than the one reflected in the water (eye-reflections are tiny compared to water reflections).
Good try, but that's not it.

Actually, you guys have it easy now, since Village used the corrected version in his post. It's just a matter of finding the difference between that one and the one that Rhomega posted. ;)

McNum

Good try, but that's not it.

Actually, you guys have it easy now, since Village used the corrected version in his post. It's just a matter of finding the difference between that one and the one that Rhomega posted. ;)
Ah, right. You had the stars reflected on top of the boat reflection. Didn't notice that until there was a comparison available.

So dA does versioning? That's kind of neat, think I ran into that with one of mine, too.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Ah, right. You had the stars reflected on top of the boat reflection. Didn't notice that until there was a comparison available.

So dA does versioning? That's kind of neat, think I ran into that with one of mine, too.
Kudos for you, detective. ;)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Why do an goth pony set, when they could have done an evil twin set based on the comics...

Not to mention they all look hideous. And how does Celestia get a figure in the goth pony set instead of the Princess of the Night?

Damn it... I actually like it. I could do without the poses though.
(omg my first post in the new topic. now to wait another 3-6 months for my next one,,,)

Top Bottom