• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My roommate's Xbox is eating up all our data and we're gonna go over

He just got the new Xbox and you didn't expect him to download games? How would this be any different than the PS5?

When did I say he got the new one? This is just a plain old Xbone.

Anyways I did talk to him about it and he was cool about it. He's trying to keep it down and even unplugged it. I was like man you don't have to do that, but he's saying that thing does weird things so better to just have it unplugged for now. We're up to 1050GB with a week to go in the month, surely will be going over regardless...

I never understood how data caps could still exist especially in the states. Im now living in fucking Vietnam, pay $150 for the whole year to have unlimited 50mbit a month both upload and download 50 mbit. And you guys live almost like in the days of dial-up. Its surprising how simple things liek wifi are so abundant and cheap in third world countries versus the States. Here a crappy falling apart bus that takes locals to their provinces has wifi onboard. Im talking about able to watch YT and download music type of wifi.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Geez, people, is it really cool to make fun of others because of having data caps? I'm pretty sure all of them would want unlimited and faster Internet if it was supported in their location and if they could afford it.

I have Spectrum with no caps, but they were already begging the FCC this year to get out of their merger deal early that’s preventing them from doing it.

I already pay $100+ a month and now they want to throw caps in when the government allows them. US internet sucks ass.

GymWolf

He just pays me one set rate a month that is meant to include everything. We never had a problem going near the cap before this month though.

Yeah he plays CoD and I always know when he's playing because he's constantly whining and calling people dicks.
How does he know how people name their dicks??

Corrik

You guys do realize that Comcast just announced like 13 states in the North East are getting 1.2 TB data caps starting in March right?

Top Bottom