• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Six Month Review of 3D Gaming (PC) and 3D Vision Tips

K' Dash

Sonic Generations is really great. Tons of depth. But with 3D Vision, you're instructed to turn off Stereo 3D in-game and just let 3D Vision handle stereoscopic rendering. If you had TriDef, you could try the same thing.

Trine 1/2 are the only games with in-game 3D controls that I can truly remember having good 3D. I really wish developers wouldn't even screw with it.

EDIT: Just looked and this is a game where Helix mod went and fixed the shadow shaders. So I had that installed too. Wonder if that's why Sega locked things down with in-game 3D. Cause they had shadow issues. Specifically: the shadow would split into two as you increased depth.

You're clearly set on it, so I'm not one to talk you out of it. But I will say this: the size most definitely won't help if you're sitting close to it. You're basically halving the resolution and if you're sitting close to the screen, the interlacing is going to be pretty noticeable.

Yeah, with Sonic Generations I did just that, I disabled the in game 3D and let Tridef handle the 3D, and OMG it looks fucking amazing, I had A LOT of crosstalk before now there's no trace of it, I'm really glad I found this thread.

I tried RE5 a a couple of days ago and I'm really stuned of how good it looks and plays, with Dead Space 2 I had some distortion at the end of the pointing laser making it a little hard to aim, but in RE5 I can headshot all day, next to zero crosstalk and excellent perfomance, grat game to show your 3D IMO.

catabarez

I just had to put this link in the thread:

http://www.semiconductorstore.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=47215

Silicon Image is selling the 300mhz HDMI chip on their website for 6.75. This has the bandwidth to do 1080p 3D @60fps (instead of 24fps).

If nobody includes this chip in their 2013 TVs/Projectors, they deserve a scarlet letter branded on their head. 6 dollars and 75 cents. Not even for bulk orders. Rage preemptively building.

Don't do this to me man....

I've had my 3DTV for about four months now, and other than a brief spurt of use at the start - mainly down to the novelty factor - I've not used 3D at all. PS3 games are largely hit and miss, and most take a big hit on the visuals and the frame rate. However, since getting a new PC and testing out the 3D on my steam collection, I've just been blown away by how good 3D PC games are on a good PC. Over the weekend I've been playing Batman : Arkham Asylum and, wow, it's an incredible experience and I think that for the right game, 3D can draw you in and immerse you in a way that 2D can't. Sign me up as a new convert; 3D is fantastic (sorry Mark Kermode).

I just had to put this link in the thread:

http://www.semiconductorstore.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=47215

Silicon Image is selling the 300mhz HDMI chip on their website for 6.75. This has the bandwidth to do 1080p 3D @60fps (instead of 24fps).

If nobody includes this chip in their 2013 TVs/Projectors, they deserve a scarlet letter branded on their head. 6 dollars and 75 cents. Not even for bulk orders. Rage preemptively building.

But all the TVs on store shelves already have 120Hz. In fact, 120 Hz is ghetto, many are 240 Hz!

:(

1-D_FTW

I'll soften my stance on Sleeping Dogs and Deux Ex:HR a bit.

When I tried the Sleeping Dogs demo, it never dawned on me I should go into the menu and turn the convergence up to 10. You can't see what your actions are doing there and I just assumed it'd split the image or make me cross-eyed. Should have known they'd lock the convergence low and that 10 was the correct starting point. Definitely looks better changing convergence from 7 to 10.

And for Deus Ex: The Missing Link, I never really played it much. My lasting impression was from the starting point. And with that, the walls are just right in front of you. When you get out a bit, it does have more depth.

So I retract my statement about them being garbage. Sleeping Dogs is definitely the better of the two IMO. And while I still consider their 3D to be sub-par compared to most games, it's better than playing in 2D (which wasn't always my opinion).

But all the TVs on store shelves already have 120Hz. In fact, 120 Hz is ghetto, many are 240 Hz!

:(

The truly sad thing is they changed the HDMI spec to allow 1080P 2D @120hz in October 2011. How much does that sting? It's there, just wanting to be unleashed by somebody.

bee

ok so i figure here is as good as anywhere, got some new games for xmas and got an actual desire to play them aswell which is kinda unusual for me

surprised with what's actually playable in 3D surround, gonna be taking some screenshots over the next week or so, to start off here's far cry 3

think these should look ok on single monitor setups, they look ok in window mode to me

next is dishonored, one of the very best I've played in 3D tbh, this shot is taken running flawless widescreen mod, helix 3D vision fix and sweetFX to fix the colours/fog, the screenshot looks good but doesn't do it justice honestly

still holding nice framerates as you can see

couple of extra 3D tips also, you can change the quality of 3D screenshots you take. open regedit and goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D and look for snapshot quality, modify and change to decimal, i choose a value of 85 here (from 50), any higher brings diminishing returns

you can actually change it to take stereo pngs's instead of jpeg (.jps) if you want also, i don't bother with this though, the 2-4mb jps files are sufficient , the pngs come out around 8mb+ each

1-D_FTW

/\/\/\

Stupid question, but how do you view those 3D screenshots you post? If I open them in 3D Vision photo viewer, I just get a left and right image on screen. It's not merged into a stereo image.

P.S. I posted this in the sim thread, but the Leipziger Stadtparkrennen track released for Power and Glory 3.0 is pretty awesome. Nice, old school 50s track. And for that game engine, it's one of the better looking tracks out there. It even has polygon curbs, which is something that always thrills me in 3D (hey, I'm easy).

http://www.virtualr.net/leipziger-stadtparkrennen-released

bee

/\/\/\

Stupid question, but how do you view those 3D screenshots you post? If I open them in 3D Vision photo viewer, I just get a left and right image on screen. It's not merged into a stereo image.

P.S. I posted this in the sim thread, but the Leipziger Stadtparkrennen track released for Power and Glory 3.0 is pretty awesome. Nice, old school 50s track. And for that game engine, it's one of the better looking tracks out there. It even has polygon curbs, which is something that always thrills me in 3D (hey, I'm easy).

http://www.virtualr.net/leipziger-stadtparkrennen-released

right click save as, rename to .jps, i rename to .jpeg simply so these hosting sites accept the file

yeah i saw that track, really nice and will check it out in the next few days , edit: was just searching for tracks, did NOT know targa florio was released for gtr2..WTF! downloading! http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=36854

couple of little guides on the helix site that are super useful, first is to be able to use helix fix and other dll mods together e.g smaa

http://helixmod.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/guidehow-to-install-helixmod-game-fixes.html

also you can use autohotkey to set different convergence levels on the press of a key e.g useful when aiming down the sight in fps games at high depth

http://helixmod.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/how-to-guide-map-right-mouse-click-to.html

there's another way to do this with this file https://s3.amazonaws.com/chiri/NVAPI.rar doesn't work in all games though

Have you tried "The Missing Link" DLC? Because I already finished Deus Ex and tried it with "The Missing Link". But seeing as that's stand-alone, maybe it has the same issue the original had pre-patch. All I get is the gun rendered in 3D and the background is 2D. Which sounds like the original problem with the full game.

EDIT: Interesting point about the demo being good on the 3DS. I wonder if them designing Batman 2 and LOTR for 3DS is why the Lego games have suddenly taken a significant jump in 3D quality. Clearly they must be using different engines, but it did seem like those game were designed to exploit 3D... even though they didn't even have a 3D rating with Nvidia. Perhaps this explains some of the 3D friendly design choices.

So only a month late! I'd been having issues with Windows 8 not working in 3D with Dirt 3 (switching to 3D made it crash to desktop) and when I checked DE:HR that night a month ago, even though my display reported 3D, the game wasn't in 3D at all. I finally resolved those issues last night, so hooray for that.

I picked up the full version of Lego: LOTR in the Amazon sales. I haven't played it much yet, but good god that things pops in 3D. TriDef doesn't really handle it very well yet, but on my secondary Nvidia card (which fortunately has enough muscle for it) it looks fantastic.

I still wish someone would get Alan Wake and American Nightmare working perfectly in 3D. THPS HD is pretty great in 3D too. Some things go a bit wonky on both Nvidia and TriDef, but the Power 3D mode on TriDef works well enough. I really hope games using the native UE3 engine support for 3D start arriving soon.

1-D_FTW

right click save as, rename to .jps, i rename to .jpeg simply so these hosting sites accept the file

yeah i saw that track, really nice and will check it out in the next few days , edit: was just searching for tracks, did NOT know targa florio was released for gtr2..WTF! downloading! http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=36854

couple of little guides on the helix site that are super useful, first is to be able to use helix fix and other dll mods together e.g smaa

http://helixmod.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/guidehow-to-install-helixmod-game-fixes.html

also you can use autohotkey to set different convergence levels on the press of a key e.g useful when aiming down the sight in fps games at high depth

http://helixmod.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/how-to-guide-map-right-mouse-click-to.html

there's another way to do this with this file https://s3.amazonaws.com/chiri/NVAPI.rar doesn't work in all games though

I really need to do these things. Should probably edit it into the OP. The multiple convergence things would also be good for cut scenes. I use the lazy bum method of closing one eye if cut scenes are too radical from gameplay sections :lol

So only a month late! I'd been having issues with Windows 8 not working in 3D with Dirt 3 (switching to 3D made it crash to desktop) and when I checked DE:HR that night a month ago, even though my display reported 3D, the game wasn't in 3D at all. I finally resolved those issues last night, so hooray for that.

I picked up the full version of Lego: LOTR in the Amazon sales. I haven't played it much yet, but good god that things pops in 3D. TriDef doesn't really handle it very well yet, but on my secondary Nvidia card (which fortunately has enough muscle for it) it looks fantastic.

I still wish someone would get Alan Wake and American Nightmare working perfectly in 3D. THPS HD is pretty great in 3D too. Some things go a bit wonky on both Nvidia and TriDef, but the Power 3D mode on TriDef works well enough. I really hope games using the native UE3 engine support for 3D start arriving soon.

Helix Mod has some fixes for the Nvidia version of THPS. Not sure if you tried that or not:

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2012/10/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd.html

After being blown away by Lego: Batman 2, I also bought Lego: LotR from Amazon. It's probably next on my play list. Loved the demo.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Man, this is just the kind of thread I was about to make, I just got a 3D monitor and was looking for great recommendations.

Does anyone know if theres a good 3D fix for Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012)?

1-D_FTW

/\/\/\/\

Don't think there is one. Seems to be a common occurrence of late with EA (not that I really care with them). I know some issues seem to have been chalked up to needing workarounds with Origin. When I went and looked to see if Syndicate had 3D, I saw it wasn't working at all. And Helix posted on the Nvidia forums that he gave it a shot and couldn't get it to work. He thought it may have been Origin related, but couldn't say for sure what they were doing to cause such issues.

If 3D becomes important to you in the future, it's probably best to use the resources to check before buying. There's so many excellent 3D games (official, unofficial, Helix mods), that sometimes it's best to just cross the game off your buy list and vote with your wallet.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
/\/\/\/\

Don't think there is one. Seems to be a common occurrence of late with EA (not that I really care with them). I know some issues seem to have been chalked up to needing workarounds with Origin. When I went and looked to see if Syndicate had 3D, I saw it wasn't working at all. And Helix posted on the Nvidia forums that he gave it a shot and couldn't get it to work. He thought it may have been Origin related, but couldn't say for sure what they were doing to cause such issues.

If 3D becomes important to you in the future, it's probably best to use the resources to check before buying. There's so many excellent 3D games (official, unofficial, Helix mods), that sometimes it's best to just cross the game off your buy list and vote with your wallet.

As it is right now, a game having great 3D is a reason for me to buy it, but a game not having 3D isn't a reason for me to not buy it.

That may change in the future, but I've got a sizeable pen of games to play, quite a few with good 3D support, and I guess that's one of the games i'll hopefully wait until the day someone either releases a fix and blows my mind, or doesn't and I slowly forget about it.

Thanks man .

Decado

If I have a 3D tv with glasses (passive, not active), do I still need the 3D Vision glasses to make games like Sleeping Dogs work in 3d?

1-D_FTW

If I have a 3D tv with glasses (passive, not active), do I still need the 3D Vision glasses to make games like Sleeping Dogs work in 3d?

3D Vision glasses wouldn't even work your tv (they're active glasses). You need to use 3D Play. Most 3D TVs are supported. There's a 14 day free trial here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-14day-trial.html

If it works and you like it, the software costs 39.99 to buy (software comes for free if you already own a 3D Vision kit, but you don't).

Decado

3D Vision glasses wouldn't even work your tv (they're active glasses). You need to use 3D Play. Most 3D TVs are supported. There's a 14 day free trial here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-14day-trial.html

If it works and you like it, the software costs 39.99 to buy (software comes for free if you already own a 3D Vision kit, but you don't).

Thanks for the info! Out of curiosity, how is the quality/performance hit between using this software and active 3d?

I've actually been considering returning this TV and upgrading...would rather not, but if it isn't as good for gaming...

Anybody playing 3d on the latest panny 1080p 3d projector with a 100"+ screen? Would love some impressions. My Dad has one, want to know if its worth bringing my ps3 over there. 3d movies on it are sick!

Peterthumpa

Thanks for the info! Out of curiosity, how is the quality/performance hit between using this software and active 3d?

I've actually been considering returning this TV and upgrading...would rather not, but if it isn't as good for gaming...
For me, using NVIDIA's glasses are better because a lot of newer 3D TVs have no checkerboard support. Also, 3DTV Play limits 3D gaming @ 60 FPS with a maximum resolution of 720p (anything beyond that plays @ 24 FPS, a limitation of the HDMI 1.4 standard, I believe) so if you want to play with 3D on @ 1080p with playable framerates, NVIDIA's hardware solution is the way to go.

1-D_FTW

Really can't answer that. Each has it's advantages. Active is better, but some people are bothered by the flickering (I wasn't even bothered in the beginning by it).

A downside of passive is it's interlaced. This results in some picture degradation since it's only half resolution (will be addressed with the new 4K sets coming).

Biggest concern I have would be input lag. I know there's a LG passive model that has 200ms input lag just in 2D. But if you've been gaming on it and haven't noticed any problems, I'd say download the free trial and give it a go. You may love the 3D on it.

Anybody playing 3d on the latest panny 1080p 3d projector with a 100"+ screen? Would love some impressions. My Dad has one, want to know if its worth bringing my ps3 over there. 3d movies on it are sick!

One thing to realize is the current HDMI chipsets being used can't do 1080p 3D at more than 24fps. So for 3D TV/Projectors, you are limited to 720p for 3D@60fps. And with 3D, you definitely want 60fps. There's a possibility this will change with the new 2013 models (since the new 300mhz HDMI chip is CHEAP and has the bandwidth for 1080p 3D @ 60fps), but CES will tell whether they cheaped out.

For me, using NVIDIA's glasses are better because a lot of newer 3D TVs have no checkerboard support. Also, 3DTV Play limits 3D gaming @ 60 FPS with a maximum resolution of 720p (anything beyond that plays @ 24 FPS, a limitation of the HDMI 1.4 standard, I believe) so if you want to play with 3D on @ 1080p with playable framerates, NVIDIA's hardware solution is the way to go.

It's supported, just not required. And until just recently, the HDMI chipsets didn't have enough bandwidth. The new 300mhz HDMI chipset is available online for 6.00 dollars. So manufacturers could begin supporting it with displays if they want to. I'm excited for CES to see if they did. If they went with 225mhz chipsets again, I'm going to shed a tear.

zbarron

I got a Mitsubishi 60" dlp for Christmas and two pairs of 3d glasses. I've been using 3DTV play and things have been great but I was wondering if there is a hack or something to get into 3d mode with no seperation to get 120fps 3D. Anyone try it?

1-D_FTW

I got a Mitsubishi 60" dlp for Christmas and two pairs of 3d glasses. I've been using 3DTV play and things have been great but I was wondering if there is a hack or something to get into 3d mode with no seperation to get 120fps 3D. Anyone try it?

You mean 120fps 2D? Did you try turning depth down to 0 and adjusting convergence until the picture merges? That could possibly work.

Decado

Really can't answer that. Each has it's advantages. Active is better, but some people are bothered by the flickering (I wasn't even bothered in the beginning by it).

A downside of passive is it's interlaced. This results in some picture degradation since it's only half resolution (will be addressed with the new 4K sets coming).

Biggest concern I have would be input lag. I know there's a LG passive model that has 200ms input lag just in 2D. But if you've been gaming on it and haven't noticed any problems, I'd say download the free trial and give it a go. You may love the 3D on it.

One thing to realize is the current HDMI chipsets being used can't do 1080p 3D at more than 24fps. So for 3D TV/Projectors, you are limited to 720p for 3D@60fps. And with 3D, you definitely want 60fps. There's a possibility this will change with the new 2013 models (since the new 300mhz HDMI chip is CHEAP and has the bandwidth for 1080p 3D @ 60fps), but CES will tell whether they cheaped out.

Fuck! Here I thought passive 3D would be handy...but active won't work on my TV :( So degrading the image quality is really my only option for 3D with my current TV? Is nvidia the only 3D solution, or do some games support it on their own?

1-D_FTW

Fuck! Here I thought passive 3D would be handy...but active won't work on my TV :( So degrading the image quality is really my only option for 3D with my current TV? Is nvidia the only 3D solution, or do some games support it on their own?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44840538&postcount=93

Kind of addressed there. There's only really two solutions now (one besides Nvidia). As for native support games that don't require software, I'll add Trine 1/2 to Plagiarize's list of games with native support. Although I've only ever run 3D through Nvidia software, so that's as much as I can help on the technical level.

Decado

I have an nvidia card so i don't think tridef will work for me. Was just hoping for a better solution for a 3DTV that has passive 3D support rather than active.

zbarron

You mean 120fps 2D? Did you try turning depth down to 0 and adjusting convergence until the picture merges? That could possibly work.
Yeah I meant 2D. I did that and it works just fine. I just don't notice a difference between it and 60hz. I don't know if it's because of how dlp handles motion or if it just isn't doing anything. I have very sensitive eyes.when it comes to motion.

King_Moc

Banned
Nice thread, bookmarked. I have a 3d TV arriving tomorrow and will be trying this out for the first time. What kind of performance can i expect from a 670? Will i have to drop settings much?

Arucardo

Yeah I meant 2D. I did that and it works just fine. I just don't notice a difference between it and 60hz. I don't know if it's because of how dlp handles motion or if it just isn't doing anything. I have very sensitive eyes.when it comes to motion.

Yeah that won't work, with the convergence and depth at 0 you're just rendering the same frame/picture twice. Def. not the same as a native 120hz 2D image.

Nice thread, bookmarked. I have a 3d TV arriving tomorrow and will be trying this out for the first time. What kind of performance can i expect from a 670? Will i have to drop settings much?

You'll be fine with that card since you're forced to choose between 720p @60fps or 1080 @30fps. Def. recommend checking out Dark Souls on it at 30fps and 1080p ;)

King_Moc

Banned
You'll be fine with that card since you're forced to choose between 720p @60fps or 1080 @30fps. Def. recommend checking out Dark Souls on it at 30fps and 1080p ;)

Will give me an excuse to finish Dark Souls off then. Most stressful game i've played in years. Am looking forward to going back to Just Cause 2 as well.

Is there any way of doing 1080p at 60fps? I guess you'd need to be able to run it at 120fps normally, right.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Does anyone know the max limit for dual-link DVI?

I noticed it won't let me do 1440p with 3D, or 1440p at 120fps and I'm wondering if that's because my graphics card isn't capable, or dual-link DVI doesn't have enough bandwidth.

Anyone know?

Arucardo

Does anyone know the max limit for dual-link DVI?

I noticed it won't let me do 1440p with 3D, or 1440p at 120fps and I'm wondering if that's because my graphics card isn't capable, or dual-link DVI doesn't have enough bandwidth.

Anyone know?

Best I can get on my monitor is 1440p at 100hz. Gave up trying to get 120hz and the 20hz drop (and performance ofc) wasn't worth it, makes tearing much more noticable too.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Also since I'm looking for recommendations, I figure I should do one as well.

Limbo looks absolutely fantastic in 3D. I played through the game in one sitting because I was so impressed with the 3D. Really great looking game.

1-D_FTW

I have an nvidia card so i don't think tridef will work for me. Was just hoping for a better solution for a 3DTV that has passive 3D support rather than active.

I think I've confused you :lol. 3D Play is meant for tvs. It should be the best solution available for your tv. Because you mentioned buying the Vision kit, I was just saying the 3D Vision (which is a cousin of 3D Play) is active only. But you're not using Vision on your TV. You're using Play. That's what that link is for.

Short answer: Install 3D Play and it'll allow your TV to do passive 3D as well as it possibly can.

What monitor/TV are you using 1-D_FTW?

(sry if this has been brought up already, didn't find it in the OP)

Just the Asus VG236. It's not the gold standard like the VG276, but I still really like it.

Will give me an excuse to finish Dark Souls off then. Most stressful game i've played in years. Am looking forward to going back to Just Cause 2 as well.

Is there any way of doing 1080p at 60fps? I guess you'd need to be able to run it at 120fps normally, right.

Not if you're running on a TV. Only 120hz monitors can presently do 1080p 3D @60fps. And quite a few tvs won't even do 1080p at 30fps. If you can get that instead of 24fps, consider yourself fortunate.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Rayman Origins - Only rated a good by Nvidia, but play the demo. A sight to see.

I think i figured out why it's only rated good. When you get to the water world, the 3D is a little wonky.

It's only whenever theres both land and water simultaneously with it being mostly land, the 3D at the waters edge looks really wonky.

But once you actually get underwater oh my god it's honestly incredible. It's really, really stunning. I disabled the 3D for a bit to see the difference and the 2D world looks so ridiculously flat and bland in comparison.

I think this has just justified the purchase, really, really impressed.

Edit: Does anyone know how to capture 3D footage? Preferably with fraps, if that's not possible i'll use a different application. How to capture 3D screenshots as well would be appreciated.

catabarez

I have a passive tv, and I would definitely recommend giving it a shot for gaming. Rayman Origins on it was quite the sight.

Decado

I think I've confused you :lol. 3D Play is meant for tvs. It should be the best solution available for your tv. Because you mentioned buying the Vision kit, I was just saying the 3D Vision (which is a cousin of 3D Play) is active only. But you're not using Vision on your TV. You're using Play. That's what that link is for.

Short answer: Install 3D Play and it'll allow your TV to do passive 3D as well as it possibly can.

I probably confused things, myself. I was replying to you and felipepl at the same time. My comment re: quality was directed at his post:

"For me, using NVIDIA's glasses are better because a lot of newer 3D TVs have no checkerboard support. Also, 3DTV Play limits 3D gaming @ 60 FPS with a maximum resolution of 720p (anything beyond that plays @ 24 FPS, a limitation of the HDMI 1.4 standard, I believe) so if you want to play with 3D on @ 1080p with playable framerates, NVIDIA's hardware solution is the way to go."

Dropping to 720p kinda sucks.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Rayman really is amazing in 3D.

Don't know if you guys can view this GIF with glasses but I figured it would be worth a shot.

itEap24AEHRcH.gif

If it doesn't, you could always do the cross-eyed 3D trick, where you cross your eyes so that in your vision they overlay each other perfectly.

It's easier to do further back, but the closer you get, the less blurry it is.

Decado

Does anyone know of a good FAQ for Nvidia 3dplay? I've been looking around for one, with no luck. Want info on image quality, frame-rate hit, settings etc.

Decado

Seems to work.

Anyway, does anyone know what the feature is called on nvidia chipsets that allow you to render the game in high resolution but display it at a lower resolution (say 1080p displayed as 720p)? It works like fancy AA. Anyone tried it with 3d?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Seems to work.

Anyway, does anyone know what the feature is called on nvidia chipsets that allow you to render the game in high resolution but display it at a lower resolution (say 1080p displayed as 720p)? It works like fancy AA. Anyone tried it with 3d?

It's called downsampling or supersampling. If you want it to display at 720, but render higher, then you'll have to use SSAA through Nvidia Detector for most games.

Violater

I use Tridef with my PC and 3Dtv, its not the most amazing thing but it works for the most part better than Nvidia 3D TVPlay did.
I think it is pretty crappy that I buy a $400 video card capable of 3D and Nvidia wants another $40 for software.

Decado

/\

Yeah. That's what he meant.

Cool. Maybe I'll give that a go to reduce the impact of displaying in 720p. I wish there was a guide that showed the redundancies between all the AA options and downsampling (which ones to use in conjunction with each other).

I want to test Max Payne 3, but the game restarts as a black screen when I try and change the resolution :|

Trine looks amazing in 3D after forcing all the filtering and AA options to their highest setting in the Nvidia control panel. Too bad I find the game itself only moderately enjoyable. lol

1-D_FTW

Cool. Maybe I'll give that a go to reduce the impact of displaying in 720p. I wish there was a guide that showed the redundancies between all the AA options and downsampling (which ones to use in conjunction with each other).

I want to test Max Payne 3, but the game restarts as a black screen when I try and change the resolution :|

Trine looks amazing in 3D after forcing all the filtering and AA options to their highest setting in the Nvidia control panel. Too bad I find the game itself only moderately enjoyable. lol

Isn't there some kind of .ini where you can manually change the Max Payne resolution without booting the game?

Stallion Free wrote up a pretty good post to get people started with Inspector:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29247305&postcount=163

Top Bottom