• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My wife made me do this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric C

Ooooo...! You're only down by 20+ now against the William's kitchen! Last time I checked they were 100+ ahead. :)

They're 20+ in the lead now! I think this is the first time they've ever been ahead of the Williams.

It's amazing how now that I've voted, I REALLY want you to actually win now. Go Alamin Kitchen! Go Team GAF!

why does your 7 month old child have a pierced ear?

why not?

It's recommended to get them done at 6 months because the baby won't be able to try to rip them out or play with them too much which could cause infections.

Hey! I have those exact same cabinets, except half the number in half the space. I should have frickin' entered and collected twice the votes.

whoa, do you live in Halifax, Nova Scotia?? I don't think I've heard of any other gaffers who live here besides me, lol.

I had voted for you earlier. Good luck.

Thanks. Adding you to the game raffle list. I'll post an updated list later in the week.

Mayyhem

Haha voted and posted a little GAF message in the picture comments

I'm interested to see if you actually win! Will check back to this thread. Goodluck :)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I liked your OP... and would have voted for you if I used Facebook. :(

Holy shit. I just checked after reading your post and we're now 5 votes away from taking the lead.

It's beginning to look like a very real possibility that we might actually win this thing.

It's 669 to 632 at the moment, so you're pulling ahead slowly but surely. :) As other people have said, though, it's a marathon run, so ready more cat pictures for the William's inevitable 2nd wind near the end of the contest. That's what happened with Tashi's contest and we lost at the last minute... :(

They're 20+ in the lead now! I think this is the first time they've ever been ahead of the Williams.

It's amazing how now that I've voted, I REALLY want you to actually win now. Go Alamin Kitchen! Go Team GAF!

Yep. We finally have the lead! These voting contests are a funny thing, no? Once you vote and have enjoyed the kitty/family pictures you feel invested and really want them to win. (You seem like nice people as well, LowEnd, and have a super cute family.) Damn these brain chemicals! Haha.

gabbo

It's 669 to 632 at the moment, so you're pulling ahead slowly but surely. :) As other people have said, though, it's a marathon run, so ready more cat pictures for the William's inevitable 2nd wind near the end of the contest. That's what happened with Tashi's contest and we lost at the last minute... :(

Yep. We finally have the lead! These voting contests are a funny thing, no? Once you vote and have enjoyed the kitty/family pictures you feel invested and really want them to win. (You seem like nice people as well, LowEnd, and have a super cute family.) Damn these brain chemicals! Haha.

I feel invested, but wish I could do more to help them win. How can w rig a vote on facebook?

abusori

Yeah, I think there was another gaffer here who said he had a similar thread to this a while back and won his contest. I forgot his username, but he said it was a stressful roller coaster. In any case, bumping this thread every few days seems to be doing the trick so far!

Yeah, that was Moofers:

The contest runs until April 30th? Oh man. You are in for two months of hell, my friend. I just won a contest (thanks to GAF) that ran 2 weeks. It was fucking agony. I hope you can pull into an early lead and then just kick back and coast.

Good luck!

You're definitely in for a wild ride. Be careful not to get too into it or you might lose your sanity.

hertog

My god, there is a perfect wrestling gif for everything, isn't there?

tumblr_m0aumelUHL1rnjfjfo1_400.gif

Man, It makes me wonder if the other people have their own forum voting for them or something.

The wife did a bit of detective work and found out that they are friends with a radio host/DJ and have been using him to solicit votes.

Whatever they're doing, it's got nothing on gaf powah!

Before we even entered the contest they had a head start of 300ish votes. They probably thought they had it in the bag until we crept up out of nowhere. I'm still getting a steady influx of "what's gaf?" questions from my facebook friends.

Be careful not to get too into it or you might lose your sanity.

Yeah, I know :S

I'm actually starting to worry about my wife a little. She's been on maternity leave ever since our daughter was born, and without work to keep her busy she's developing a bit of an obsession with this contest. I kind of admire her iron-willed determination to win though. Today she went to the library of her old university with a big box of Timbits and managed to get us at least 80+ more votes from friendly strangers.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
I voted! Wish I could enter because my kitchen is butt ugly, too, and the cabinets are about to fall off the fucking walls.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Welp. I never do these things, but after possibly missing something life changing because I didn't get my ass in gear and think about stuff like this I guess I'm obligated.

Enjoy your vote.

Kunohara

Just voted, good luck. The number of likes didn't go up, which is weird. I did like both the company and your kitchen, so don't worry.

Re: The gif, look at the top of the gif. The black part. You can see where it starts and stops.

I finally found the time to comb over the thread and make a list for the game raffle. This is a very rough list and a lot of the posts in here are a little ambiguous and didn’t really state if they voted or not. I’m sure I’m missing some of you, so if you voted for us and don’t see your name on there, let me know please! Also let me know if you want off the list for any reason. Oh, and I noticed from a couple of the comments people have been leaving, that we’ve been getting some votes from banned-gaf. If you guys get your accounts back before the comp is over, let me know and I’ll add you too.

The list is alphabetized to make it easier to find your user name on there.

I voted, bottom of the first page.

Mayyhem

I hope I was added to the list, because just like I know that your going to win this contest, I know I'm going to win that copy Mass Effect 3! ;) haha

Didn't know there was a list going. haha

Added.

Now that we're in the lead and there's a good chance of us winning, I gotta start taking the raffle list seriously, lol.

Edit: List is on the OP guise. If you voted, check to make sure your name is there.

I'm updating the list every few days using certain posts as markers in between update intervals. If you voted recently and don't see your name there it's probably because I haven't started adding the batch of votes that you're in yet.

I hope I was added to the list, because just like I know that your going to win this contest, I know I'm going to win that copy Mass Effect 3! ;) haha

Added you too.

Holy shit I'm missing a lot of people. Wish I came up with a good system for keeping track of this from the get-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom