• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My wife made me do this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

iqFN35eTTbSM9.gif

Drazgul

Don't have an account, else I'd help just for your dashing avatar alone. If it's likes you want tho... you know you can just buy those, right?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Damnit so much. A baby and kittens.

I voted.

Futureman

Honestly, I thought this is what duckroll meant by "No more voting threads"

Best of luck dude

no I think that referred more to voting threads where people say "WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE X?"

and then there's just reply after reply of lists with no discussion.

But honestly I don't really like these threads either, especially when it's as dumb as a new kitchen. I'm totally fine when people post their bands/artwork/creative works that are in contests. Threads like this though are just taking advantage of the community IMO.

But honestly I don't really like these threads either, especially when it's as dumb as a new kitchen. I'm totally fine when people post their bands/artwork/creative works that are in contests. Threads like this though are just taking advantage of the community IMO.

It would definitely be a shame to see the calls for support for creative works have to go away because of stuff like this, that's true enough.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
You have a pretty normal kitchen man, it's not ugly at all.
Plus, 5 copy's of ME3 for Gaf is kinda weak, wer're talking 15k here.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
no I think that referred more to voting threads where people say "WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE X?"

and then there's just reply after reply of lists with no discussion.

yeah, these contests are just contests about which contestant can spam the most people on the internet.

Tenks

You have a pretty normal kitchen man, it's not ugly at all.
Plus, 5 copy's of ME3 for Gaf is kinda weak, wer're talking 15k here.

Lol I didn't initially look at it but you're right. A normal sized fridge, glass-top range, dishwasher, bunch of counter top and cabinets. What exactly is the problem here with this kitchen other than greedily wanting better?

Vyer

ugh. no offense to the OP, but this is getting a little out of hand.

There are whole forums for 'like' hoarding. Whole, horrible, dark and sad places. :(

MC Safety

It would definitely be a shame to see the calls for support for creative works have to go away because of stuff like this, that's true enough.

It wouldn't be so bad for these popularity contest calls to end altogether.

No offense to the original poster, but these boards should be about discussion and not rallying the community so X can win Y.

DoomGyver

A little paint and some shades for the windows would go a long way, maybe new cabinet knobs too. Get to work OP. If you know how to put flooring in go with a lighter colored vinyl and trim around the bottom.

no facebook

abrack08

Voted, good luck

A friend of mine from high school had the EXACT same kitchen as that as far as I can tell. Kinda weird.

SmokyDave

Alright. I originally thought 'fuck no', but you won me over with the OP. You seem like nice people. I'll get the missus to vote too.

Biff

I had some mean words here. Too early in the morning, my apologies. I still think we've started a dangerous precedent on GAF with vote-begging threads, but nonetheless I have voted for you. Good luck, but what I say below still stands.

LowEndTorque said:
If we end up winning this thing, I'm going to celebrate by buying 5 copies of Mass Effect 3 and shipping them out to random gaffers who voted for us. To be determined by random draw, platform of your choice (if this is something something I'm allowed to do here? I'm not sure.). If we don't win... well, I'll need that money for the contractor that I'll be forced to hire :(
If you don't win, spend this $15k on education for your goddamn kid, wtf. You don't need a new kitchen - the pictures aren't that bad at all. $15k could put your kid in a private elementary school during the most important developmental years of her life. It could also be invested to help pay for college in 20 years... $15k could easily be $60k by then.

I feel sorry for this dude. There wasn't any of these snarky responses in that other recent begging thread which was irritatingly bumped tonnes of times so the guy could blag himself a free wedding or something along those lines.

Good luck to you fella, sorry i can't help tho as I don't use Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom