• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My wife made me do this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenck

Wait, is it $15,000 or 150,000?

From OP
Well, my wife entered us into an “ugly kitchen” contest being run by a local company. Whoever gets the most votes wins a $15, 000 kitchen renovation.

Person who brought up 150,000 was joking if the sponsor was legally bound to give $150,000 since they made a typo.

Oh uh, who's Zach Eberhard?

"Way to go NeoGaf!!! We take care of our own. We also were paid exactly $0 to vote! :)"

Yeah, I appreciate the sentiment but would you mind removing that Zach? (at least the part about being paid $0) This is exactly the kind of thing we were trying to avoid. Thanks =)

ink4n3

From OP

Person who brought up 150,000 was joking if the sponsor was legally bound to give $150,000 since they made a typo.

Well I wasn't sure with the space in the OP and the typo on the facebook page. They both could have been typos. I see the Facebook page is fixed now.

Congrats OP!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Congrats bro. Its always nice to stick it to cheaters bet they feel dumb for buying those votes lol

Theonik

Congrats OP! Does this mean we can now unlike that competition and have the kitchen posts to cease from our FB page?

smurfx

get some go again
Winner just got announced on the radio! We won! My wife and I are jumping up and down right now

lolkids.gif
awesome the person i voted for in one of these types of contests finally won. congrats to you and your wife.

Congrats OP! Does this mean we can now unlike that competition and have the kitchen posts to cease from our FB page?

Well the contest is over, so go for it. Just remember the name Think Kitchens and mention them if you ever come across anyone in Halifax who is looking to get their kitchen done :p Lame as hell, i know, but I owe it to the company to at least throw that out there.

lol, too perfect.

that's kind of exactly how I feel right now.

Well the contest is over, so go for it. Just remember the name Think Kitchens and mention them if you ever come across anyone in Halifax who is looking to get their kitchen done :p

I'll make a thread for you to shill in if we are ever looking to get ours done. Seriously though, I'll hit you up for comments if/when we do it (this year is chimney/asbestos/furnace fun).

HaliGAF meetup in your new kitchen.

riceckr

Neo Member
congrats man, with GAF power you should re-enter the contest in the Fall with your new kitchen and win again :)

MNC

GAF, help me win a Pantera. Then I will have a Pantera and that will be pretty great for me.

GAF decided themselves they wanted to vote. There is absolutely no reason for the OP to hold the contest, nor did he say he would in the beginning (I think)

Nobody is saying you are obliged to vote, nor is the OP scamming you into him winning the kitchen. I don't see what you're fussing about.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Congrats man! Sorry I didn't get to vote, somehow I completely missed this topic the whole time.

Oh wow, Detective GAF at its finest. Impressive work dude.

Winner just got announced on the radio! We won! My wife and I are jumping up and down right now

lolkids.gif

Congrats dude! Can't remember if I voted or not, I think I read your story while at work and didn't have Facebook access and then completely forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom