• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My wife made me do this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
post pics when the dust ha settled, there'd better be an homage to GAF, perhaps a window shaped like the logo with tinted glass... hehehe

I'll definitely be posting after pics when it's done. I kind of like that suggestion of a custom gaf logo tile in the center of the floor :p.

Not sure when it will be finished. Our first consultation with the designer/owner will be next week I think. After that it's probably another 2-3 weeks for all the work to get done.

So, about that game draw…

If you were hoping for a chance to win a game, you've all been trolled. I ain't buying you guys shit. So thanks for your votes and fuck you all. ahahaha.

Suckers… ahhahaaha

....................../´¯/)
...................,/¯../
................../..../
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`•¸
........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
........\.................'.../
.........''...\.......... _.•´
...........\..............(
.............\.............\....

............../´¯/)........... (\¯`\
............/....//........... ...\\....\
.........../....//............ ....\\....\
...../´¯/..../´¯\.........../¯ `\....\¯`\
.././.../..../..../.|_......_| .\....\....\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.)..)..(..(. \....)....)....).)
.\................\/.../....\. ..\/................/
..\................. /........\................../
....\..............(.......... ..)................/
......\.............\......... ../............./I

trololololol jk. :p

I'm honestly amazed by how awesome gaf has been about this. Watching how happy gaffers are to help out a perfect stranger, not just in this thread but other, much more important threads over the past couple of weeks was crazy. This is the greatest community on the internet that we have here.

With the extra cash I'll have lying around, it will be my absolute pleasure to be able to give a few of you guys some gaming enjoyment. I honestly wish I could afford to buy a game for everyone. I'm going through the entire thread from beginning to end to make sure I didn’t miss anyone and finalizing the list as you read this. Draw will be tomorrow

gabbo

So, about that game draw…

If you were hoping for a chance to win a game, you've all been trolled. I ain't buying you guys shit. So thanks for your votes and fuck you all. ahahaha.

Suckers… ahhahaaha

....................../´¯/)
...................,/¯../
................../..../
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`•¸
........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
........\.................'.../
.........''...\.......... _.•´
...........\..............(
.............\.............\....

............../´¯/)........... (\¯`\
............/....//........... ...\\....\
.........../....//............ ....\\....\
...../´¯/..../´¯\.........../¯ `\....\¯`\
.././.../..../..../.|_......_| .\....\....\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.)..)..(..(. \....)....)....).)
.\................\/.../....\. ..\/................/
..\................. /........\................../
....\..............(.......... ..)................/
......\.............\......... ../............./I

<LOL J/K>

A more perfect time to have the :lol smiley has not existed. Well played sir, well played.

Mayyhem

Congratulations man. For some reason I felt very attached to this contest since you posted this thread, was really hoping for you to win and you did. Great job. <3Gaf

Meohsix

im giving him the benefit of the doubt. GAF was down for a good part of yesterday morning, maybe he couldn't get on to finalize his list and then was busy the rest of the day.
RA9H0.gif

Subprime

Congrats, saw on facebook. I have to say though, there were a lot of uglier kitchens. I dont think any of the ones with the most votes neared hideous.

lol. My earlier troll attempt didn't get much attention, so I had to try something else :p.

Here is the list numbered 1-259. I'm going to do the draw as soon as I'm off work for the day. If you voted for us before the voting closed (which was on Monday at 2:00pm Eastern) and are missing from the list you have about 4 hours to let me know about it.

As discussed in the previous post, the winning numbers will be randomly generated using random.org.

Since we ended up with an odd number, we won't be dividing the draws into two groups. All 5 draws will be randomly generated #'s from 1-259, unless someone else who voted gets added in the next couple of hours.

1. 1GabUp
2. 9BR
3. A Human Becoming
4. Abrack08
5. Abusori
6. acksman
7. adamsappel
8. Alex Tru
9. Alfarif
10. Arment
11. Arsenic Yellow
12. Asdad123
13. Ashhong
14. Azih
15. Baconbitz
16. Baconsaurus
17. Baekshi
18. BakedPigeon
19. Bengraven
20. BladeoftheImmortal
21. Bleepey
22. Blindrocket
23. Bloodrage
24. Boogalogist
25. Boogie9IGN
26. BrettWeir
27. Brollyman2K
28. Bytesized
29. Camel
30. Canuck76
31. Captain N. Tenneal
32. Cartoon_soldier
33. Casablanca
34. Cheesemeister
35. ChefRamsay
36. ChiTownBuffalo
37. Chris.trejo
38. Cisce
39. Clairvoyance
40. CliqWriter
41. Cloudius12
42. Codeblue
43. Coins
44. Criesofthepast
45. Crowphoenix
46. CrudeDiatribe
47. daCuk
48. daegan
49. Dahellisdat
50. Dankir
51. Dark Stalkers
52. Dave is ok
53. Daw840
54. Daxter01
55. Daycru
56. DCX
57. Deadmeadow88
58. Desperado
59. Digishine
60. Dinokill
61. Donny Hayabusa
62. Doomed1
63. Drexplora
64. Dustytruly
65. Earthstrike
66. Echoshifting
67. Egnirys
68. El Beefo
69. Elfoman
70. Elseanio
71. Ezalc
72. Facism
73. Firehead
74. FootballFan
75. Frankenstrat
76. Franklinator
77. FreeChicken
78. Gabbo
79. Gav
80. Gav47
81. George
82. GiJoccin
83. Glaringradio
84. G-Pink
85. GraveHorizon
86. GraveRobberx
87. GrizzNKev
88. GroteSmurf
89. H.Protagonist
90. Hateful
91. Hazaro
92. Heel
93. Hellsing321
94. HildyB
95. How About No
96. Iamtheb
97. Iirate
98. Infiniteloop
99. InfiniteNine
100. ink4n3
101. InsertNameHere
102. Iron E Man
103. IronFistedChampion
104. JABEE
105. Jaffaboy
106. Jasconius
107. Jasoneyu
108. Jeramii
109. Jett1911
110. johnny_park
111. Jossueinacoma
112. Kadab
113. Kajiba
114. Kammie
115. Kenak
116. Keru-Shiri
117. Kinyou
118. Kisaya
119. Krauser Kat
120. Kunohara
121. Lambtron
122. LeleSocho
123. Lighthouse
124. Linius
125. Lolerzors
126. Maddog
127. MasterAJ22
128. MattKeil
129. maxte
130. Mayyhem
131. Meadows
132. Megasoum
133. Messofanego
134. Mibupe
135. MigueelDnd
136. mikeybwright
137. MNC
138. Mohonky
139. mOngo
140. Monsterfracas
141. Moofers
142. Mothman91
143. MrZombie
144. Muffdraul
145. Mushroom021
146. Nakazato
147. Napoleonthechimp
148. Neo C.
149. NervousXtian
150. NH Apache
151. Nicoga3000
152. Nintaiyo
153. Noirulus
154. Nose Master
155. Not A Jellyfish
156. Notfree
157. NotTheGuyYouKill
158. Oxrock
159. Pandaman
160. Paradoxal_Utopia
161. Patrick Bateman
162. Patrick Roy
163. philia
164. Phoenix Dawn
165. PK Gaming
166. Plasticpassion
167. Poindexter
168. PrivateWHudson
169. ProdicalFlame
170. Profit
171. Prophet Steve
172. QuiteWhittle
173. Rakhir
174. Ramma2
175. Recarpo
176. Rengoku
177. RibbedHero
178. Riceckr
179. RichieS99
180. Riggs
181. risk
182. Rostocker
183. RS4-
184. S7evn
185. Sadsic
186. Saerk
187. Sajjaja
188. Salvor.Hardin
189. sca2511
190. Schnell
191. ScientificNinja
192. Sebulon3k
193. SephirothRK
194. Shadowsdarknes
195. Sharath kumar
196. Shaundakahl
197. Siegfried
198. SLV
199. SmokyDave
200. Smurfx
201. Snoopeasystreet
202. Snytbaggen
203. Soka
204. SonicX_Zero
205. Soundafehks
206. SouthernDragon
207. Starfx6464
208. stormer
209. Stronghammer22
210. Sturmdogg
211. Supermanisdead
212. Sutton Dagger
213. Syph
214. T Ghost
215. Tantalus
216. Tashi0106
217. Tenck
218. THACHITS
219. The anime man
220. The M.O.B.
221. The Omega Man
222. The Outsider
223. the walrus
224. TheApatheticOne
225. TheAzRim
226. TheBez
227. TheLucifer
228. Theonik
229. Tiktiklabingapat
230. Timedog
231. Timo
232. Tomasooie
233. Trinest
234. Triple Nickel
235. TurbulentTurtle
236. UnblessedSoul
237. underkanter
238. Vagabundo
239. Valerie Cherish
240. Venfayth
241. Verelios
242. Vhfive
243. -Viper-
244. Volimar
245. WascallyWabbit
246. WhatRobEats
247. White dynamite
248. Wildesy
249. -Winnie-
250. Wiseblade
251. WORLDWIDEWII
252. X Power Pad Death Stomp x
253. Xint
254. XStasisX
255. Yaceka
256. Yeah_its_Bob
257. Zee-V70
258. Zhengi
259. ZROCOOL

Bump.

Disclaimer:

I've gone through every post in this thread about 5 times over from beginning to end, trying to sort through the ambiguous posts and the ones that clearly and definitively stated that they voted. I've done everything I possibly could on my end to make sure that the list is accurate and up to date.

Once the list is final and the draw takes place, I can't be held responsible for people crying foul because they were missing from the draw. This thread has been up for 2 months and I've been trying to remind people at every turn to check the list and make sure their name is on it if they voted.

Just a friendly reminder =)

daw840

Bump.

Disclaimer:

I've gone through every post in this thread about 5 times over from beginning to end, trying to sort through the ambiguous posts and the ones that clearly and definitively stated that they voted. I've done everything I possibly could on my end to make sure that the list is accurate and up to date.

Once the list is final and the draw takes place, I can't be held responsible for people crying foul because they were missing from the draw. This thread has been up for 2 months and I've been trying to remind people at every turn to check the list and make sure their name is on it if they voted.

Just a friendly reminder =)

You should probably set a time for the finalization. That way no one can cry.

You should probably set a time for the finalization. That way no one can cry.

Already did.

This was posted last Thursday (24th):

It is settled then. Thank you, good sir (and thanks to you as well gabbo).

So unless there are any objections or suggestions on how to do this better, this is how the draw is going to go down:

- The list will stay as it is, in alphabetical order and get numbered from 1-250, or whatever number we're at by the end of this. All winning numbers will be generated using the site suggested by Tenck.

- If the list is at an even number, it will be divided into two groups. For example, if we have 250 gaffers on the list, #'s 1-125 will be group A. #'s 126 - 250 will be group B.There will be alternating draws for the first 4 winners and the final draw will be a number generated from the entire list.
To clarify, for the first draw, I will generate a random number from Group A (1-125). The second draw will be a random number generated from group B (126-250). Third draw will be group A again, fourth will be group B. And the fifth and final draw will be for the entire list 1-250.

-If the list ends up at an odd number, I won't divide the list into two groups and just generate random numbers for the entire list.

-Entire process will be recorded and uploaded to Youtube for full transparency

-Winners will immediately get a PM from me in case they aren't following the thread. They will have one week to PM me back with the game and platform of their choice and their shipping info. If I don't hear back from them in a week, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be generated.

Voting ends at 2:00pm Eastern time on Monday. Winner is announced on the radio next Tuesday.

I'll probably give it a day or two to make sure the list is complete and up to date, then do the game draws on Wednesday or Thursday.

Draw has already been delayed by a day. I'm doing this shit when I get home and that's pretty much final. Need to get this shit done and get these games shipped out. 8 )

daw840

Already did.

This was posted last Thursday (24th):

Draw has already been delayed by a day. I'm doing this shit when I get home and that's pretty much final. Need to get this shit done and get these games shipped out. 8 )

No, I meant to finalize the list of people. If they don't speak up by say 5 pm CST then you're not in the drawing.

I apologize for the ghetto ass video and the atrocious quality. I'm a total noob at this kind of stuff. I basically just recorded my screen with a camera, because I didn't know how else to capture it =(

The video didn't turn out quite how I thought it would...:/

The original video is pretty decent quality but whenever it goes to youtube it gets blurry and the quality goes to shit (probably compressed because the original file is 555mb for some reason). I tried different video editing software and stuff, but no matter what I do, the quality of the vid that ends up on yt is total shit compared to the original file. If anyone knows how to keep the original quality let me know and I'll re-upload.

Anyway, here are the results of the draw. Going into full-screen mode should help a bit with legibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLCyCzPT3Bk&feature=youtube_gdata

Congrats to the lucky winners. You'll all be receiving PM's from me shortly.

Just wanted to thank you all again for your kindness and generosity in helping out a fellow gaffer. This contest has been fun, but it's also been a crazy roller coaster.

Moofers wasn't kidding when he said it would feel like hell and push you to the brink of your sanity. It was honestly one of the most stressful experiences I've ever gone through (and I've been through a lot of stressful shit). Thanks for making it fun and for giving me an outlet to vent myself after all that detective work with the cheating.

My wife started following this thread a while back and had a good laugh at a lot of your posts. Over the past couple of months she's said things like "these guys are hilarious!", "I love these guys!," and "I have a whole new respect for gaf." She now wants to register for an account here and I'm guessing she won't be giving me a hard time for spending so much time here any more :p

I wish I could buy a game for everyone, but 259 x $60 = $15,540 x 1.15 (15% sales tax) = $17,871. So, no.
I'm no EviLore :p

I will now let this thread crawl back into the rathole it came from, and will bump/update again with finished pics when the reno is complete.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Congratulation on the win man, GAF pulled it off. :]

Edit- oh snap I won the game drawing! Thank you for this

Riggs

Banned
Hell ya Torque you deserve it just for having to go through all that detective work! Glad you won man, gratz to you and wife!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Congrats on the win and thank you for your generosity as well. I can't believe I won! Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom