• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My worst nightmare has actually happened: I dropped my PS3 console from 6ft high.....

I always imagined this would happen in my worst nightmare, but it just happened to me and I don't know what to say except.......

Life Goes On.

As some of you may know already, I have an OCD when it comes to my consoles and I just can't believe that I dropped my console from such a large height and yet......

I'm not too upset by it.

This sounds rather lame to say, but I think I've finally matured enough to realize that not only is this beautiful 7th generation console not worth crying over, but that I'm able to handle these kinds of situations.

GAF, will I continue with this positive mental momentum or will I inevitably breakdown and fall into deep depression?

Tesseract

Banned
giphy.gif

Banned
the PS3 is a terrible console. the only reason I still have one is MotorStorm 2 and MGS4.

so I wouldn't feel anything if mine dropped and broke... other than "shit, now I gotta look on eBay to get a cheap super slim replacement"

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yawn.
According to trends, Miyaza will post in December he dropped his PS3 from 12 ft.

Keep an eye out for it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
You can put countless PS1 classic games on there, PSN games, shmups, side scrollers, PS2 classics like SMT, Fatal Frame, CvSNK2, and Castlevania: LoI. Not to mention PS3 games. The potential to the PS3 is crazy. I guess people don’t see that. I have Galaga, Bomberman, The Simpsons, Darkstalkers, MvC Collection, and more. It’s a great console, but I also have other games to play.

Whenever I hear something like this, I wonder if you’ll ever fix it? I knew a guy back in college who said he dropped his PS3 while he was in the armed forces. I wondered why he didn’t replace it. This was before the PS4. He went straight to PC after that. I wonder if you’d benefit with the PS5 coming out. Granted, games are still good and there’s still a lot of good stuff on older consoles. You have to ask yourself: 1. Is it worth buying or fixing your PS3 or 2. Would you not have enough for the PS5?

I always imagined this would happen in my worst nightmare, but it just happened to me and I don't know what to say except.......

Life Goes On.

As some of you may know already, I have an OCD when it comes to my consoles and I just can't believe that I dropped my console from such a large height and yet......

I'm not too upset by it.

This sounds rather lame to say, but I think I've finally matured enough to realize that not only is this beautiful 7th generation console not worth crying over, but that I'm able to handle these kinds of situations.

GAF, will I continue with this positive mental momentum or will I inevitably breakdown and fall into deep depression?

If it makes you feel better, one time I dropped my toothbrush in the toilet. It wouldn't have been so bad but I was taking a shit at the time and it somehow got under the turd. I swear I spent 5 minutes fishing around for it. Still I finished brushing my teeth though so I guess there was a silver lining.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If it makes you feel better, one time I dropped my toothbrush in the toilet. It wouldn't have been so bad but I was taking a shit at the time and it somehow got under the turd. I swear I spent 5 minutes fishing around for it. Still I finished brushing my teeth though so I guess there was a silver lining.
Don't forget to post the same story 6 months from now to match the OP.

"I dropped my PS3 console from 6ft high....."

why?
I was trying to open the console to clean it and what I stupidly did was pick the table that had the console and anti-static mat was on it and tried to enter my room but somehow the legs of the table tangled with my laundry basket and literally led to all 3 of us (Me, laundry basket, and table with the console) tripping onto the floor.

I swear to God I'm not making this up.

How did ur PS3 get 6 feet in the air in the first place
I was trying to open the console to clean it and what I stupidly did was pick the table that had the console and anti-static mat was on it and tried to enter my room but somehow the legs of the table tangled with my laundry basket and literally led to all 3 of us (Me, laundry basket, and table with the console) tripping onto the floor.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I have 2 working O.G. PS3 fats w/backwards comparability that I treat like newborn babies when I take one out to play. Shame on you for dropping a baby!!

Mokus

Yes, but 6 feet is quite high. Were you trying to lift the table (with the precious console) over your head?

Tschumi

Is there something about these things that's awkward to hold? :p

My girl tried to break my Vita 1000 once, via hurling, during a fight :p i can confirm at least that piece of great Sony design is tough as nails <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom