• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MyNintendo service starts on 17 March in Japan

-shadow-

So everything that's now being purchased isn't going to be counted? Well that's rather disappointing...

TheMoon

So does that mean my digital purchase of Smash, MK8, and DK:TF are going to remain as tied to my console and not my account?

That makes no sense.

They are already tied to your account (NNID), not your console. MyNintendo is the rewards program. If you created a Nintendo Account and tied that to your NNID, it's already in the "new" system anyway.

Arttemis

That makes no sense.

They are already tied to your account (NNID), not your console. MyNintendo is the rewards program. If you created a Nintendo Account and tied that to your NNID, it's already in the "new" system anyway.
Oh, okay, thank you for the explanation!

KingWool

Banned
They really should have kept track of games bought while CN was down to award those you buy their games at MSRP digitally.

Vena

They really should have kept track of games bought while CN was down to award those you buy their games at MSRP digitally.

They know what you bought digitally and when, but programs like this don't make much sense to be retroactive because there's no real "until when" retro-point. The program starts, the purchases start getting counted in a specific way.

It's sad that you earn nothing buying physical console games.

I suspect it will be because of digital-only discount schemes, as this feels like an evolution of the old digital rewards program rather than specifically what ClubNintendo used to be. They will have a lot of digital incentives baked into this with less pronounced physical goods.

Banned
Yeah the MyNintendo points or coins aren't retroactive. Therefore, since I'm all digital on Nintendo platforms I'm not buying anything until it comes to North America. Gotta buy all three fire emblems and the major 2015 Wii U games still.

The points should be retroactive as a thank you to the people sticking around for the Wii U, kind of like ambassador points. But that's wishful thinking.

Regiruler

To be expected since they have stated Miitomo and MyNintendo are essentially tied at the hip.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_account/index.html#mynintendo

Purchase in eshop (except online service code, DLC, 3DS Theme) after 17 Mar 00:00 (Japanese time) will be capable for the new scheme

The fact that it doesn't support DLC, codes, or even themes is really disappointing. Didn't DDP support download codes and DLC? (Obviously it couldn't support 3DS themes, as it was wii u only and it was before that time anyway).

-shadow-

Also the most obvious thing. Why would it count when the service is not active.

Well considering Miitomo will give you points while the system won't be up here in Europe/US, there was some hope that other purchases would give points.

test_account

XP-39C²
That makes no sense.

Wait, can you now login to another WiiU system with your NNID and download the games to that system?

I wonder if this time the servers will be able to handle it or if it's going to be another Pokémon Bank/Club Nintendo debacle.

Top Bottom