• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mysterious teaser at Metal Gear Solid HD Edition site [Edit: Revealed!]

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Nirolak said:
Obviously you're both right.

risingphonew06w.png

Presumably it's like Infinity Blade now.

i will rage if they cancelled ps360 version, it looked more like devil may cry than dmc

(thats a good thing)

Spiffy_1st said:
I've got really low expectations for Rising but I wouldn't mind being proved wrong.

BUT GUYS WHAT IF IT'S MGS5!? GTA5 & MGS5 both being released in 2012 would cause so much hype that the world will end for sure.

MGS 4 and GTA 4 came out in the same year...

SamuraiX-

Nirolak said:
I'm guessing Rising.

“Big” MGS: Rising news this winter, says Konami boss

Despite a previously-confirmed E3 no-show, Konami president Shinji Hirano has confirmed that “big” Metal Gear Solid: Rising news will emerge this winter.

Hirano, speaking to G4 (video), didn’t get any more specific on a timeline, though.

“The reason why we didn’t mention information on Rising at this moment is because we are making something big, and that is coming for this winter season,” said Hirano.

“So please everybody expect to see some news for Rising this winter season.”

Earlier this week, Hideo Kojima confirmed during Konami’s pre-E3 press conference that news on Rising would be absent from E3 next week, but teased the game during the presser by showing small bits of concept art and render footage of Raiden.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising releases in 2012, as confirmed by Kojima on Thursday, on PS3, 360 and PC.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/04/big-mgs-rising-news-this-winter-says-konami-boss/

dsc01254-e131979550960twe0.jpg

Now that's very interesting.

I really don't see how not showing anything of Rising and "making something big" relate at all... but it's exciting. lol

Can't lie and say I'm not hyped as shit.

I am pretty certain that there will be an MGS1 remake next year.
It makes perfect business sense.

- It's Metal Gear's 25th anniversary
- HD remake of the rest of the Solid series is out this year... what else can they do besides a full HD remake of the original to top it
- They already remade large parts of Shadow Moses for MGS4 just to use for one chapter of that game, why let that work go to waste?
- Metal Gear Solid Playarts figures are coming out next year, it makes perfect sense to tie in with a remake of the original.

I will be very sad if there is no remake, but I am 98% sure there will be one next year.
I'll cry salty tears if it doesn't happen.

suikodan

I wish that the "surprise" would be a patch for MGS4 where we can install all the data on the PS3.

I want to replay parts of it but waiting 15 minutes for each part cools me off.

zlatko

Banned
BeautifulMemory said:

I would cum buckets. If it was a new MGO I'd be all over creating my first OT on GAF for it.

; ; Sadly I think Kojima may have thought he was going in the wrong direction with it, but the gameplay and the maps is the best of anything this console generation by a long damn mile. It's just the poopy Konami ID stuff that kept it from reaching mass success.

Yen

Ridley327 said:
Isn't MGS1 already a MG2 remake for the most part?
To hell with it:

"Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection"

Remake Ghost Babel/GBA while they're at it.

BadWolf

funkystudent said:
Kojima to announce he is directing rising.........

This was my guess, he seems to try and let ppl do their thing but eventually steps in and takes control when development is not going well.

Yen

BadWolf said:
This was my guess, he seems to try and let ppl do their thing but eventually steps in and takes control when development is not going well.
Development on Rising was definetley not going well. Maybe it's for the best Kojima steps in. Kamiya would be better.

duckroll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zY8osApON0c

It is revealed! The entire teaser was a pun on the words "Kojima Productions" and "Haru ga kita". It is in fact a TV commercial campaign where Kojiharu from AKB48 infiltrates into Kojima Productions and alters a word in their name so it becomes Kojiharu Productions! Har har! Are you laughing? I'm certainly laughing. The only thing RISING today will be something in the pants of lolicons all over Japan. Lololol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
AKB48 doing things with Square Enix, AKB48 doing things with Kojima...

oh God. AKB48 are invading video games. OH GOD.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
duckroll said:

It is revealed! The entire teaser was a pun on the words "Kojima Productions" and "Haru ga kita". It is in fact a TV commercial campaign where Kojiharu from AKB48 infiltrates into Kojima Productions and alters a word in their name so it becomes Kojiharu Productions! Har har! Are you laughing? I'm certainly laughing. The only thing RISING today will be something in the pants of lolicons all over Japan. Lololol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:mad:

yurinka

Nirolak said:
Obviously you're both right.

risingphonew06w.png

Presumably it's like Infinity Blade now.
Fruit Ninja 3 : Cyborg in Boots coming to iOS by Halfbrick.

In addition to that, spring release for MGS Rising in PS3, 360, Vita.

Mengetsu

duckroll said:

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What's with the fucking thumb-sized thumbnails on the page? Jesus, they resized the full res pics to a thumbnail.

Regulus Tera said:
AKB48 doing things with Square Enix, AKB48 doing things with Kojima...

oh God. AKB48 are invading video games. OH GOD.

NAMCO also. They're in the commercial for the new Taiko Wii game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Soooooooooooo awesome.
In every bad way possible :lol

Famassu

This just further cements the fact that no one should ever get hyped about any Kojima Productions teasers or announcements.

Top Bottom