• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery C&C3 announcement August 7th [will be revolutionized?]

godhandiscen said:
People need to follow the C&C series to understand what is going to happen next. The expansion will be announced, and there will be a new side which is the combination of NOD and GDI which will fight against the alies from C&C3. Thats what they mean by revolution. That has never been seen before, only during the last missions of the NOD campaign. Also, Kane and Cain will be revealed as only one person.

Then in a year or two, they will announce C&C: Red Alert 3.....or at least, they'd better. :D

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Slavik81 said:
ROFL. It's going to be an expansion... Probably releasing in November.

PS3 port+expansion+M/KB support

please : (

LET ME DREAM!!!!!

Linkup

I remember when EA brought that LotR strategy game to 360 and they said no wii version because the low resolution would make it impossible. So no wii version, just an expansion.

Setanta

I'd put money on a Wii Port, like someone said above NGamer Magazine strongly hinted of a C&C port to the system several weeks ago.

If not that, a PC Expansion, the 'Revolution' bit pointing to a Red Alert style expansion?

KBox

When I first saw it on a 360 blog, I figured they're either going to add new units and maps, or more so allow you to move the camera anywhere you want to.

sionyboy said:
Wii Port?

I wonder what an RTS would be like with the Wiimote, could be interesting.

I don't think that the wii could support the graphics engine (unless they tone it down or something)

Jon_Danger said:
I don't think that the wii could support the graphics engine (unless they tone it down or something)
It obviously wouldn't have the same visual fidelity. Even if this isn't about a Wii port, I still want to see RTS PC people dabble in and experiment with the Wii.

titiklabingapat said:
It obviously wouldn't have the same visual fidelity. Even if this isn't about a Wii port, I still want to see RTS PC people dabble in and experiment with the Wii.

an RTS on the Wii would be interesting

Mudhoney

Killthee said:
PS3 port+expansion+M/KB support

please : (

LET ME DREAM!!!!!
Sounds good to me. I wouldn't mind seeing their attempt at a Wii version either, but I highly doubt that's going to happen.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I am afraid that if they decide to do a Wii port the game will be dumbed down, meaning less strategies and stuff, perfect for the casual. If they do a Wii port hopefully they will do it right.

mclem

godhandiscen said:
I am afraid that if they decide to do a Wii port the game will be dumbed down, meaning less strategies and stuff, perfect for the casual. If they do a Wii port hopefully they will do it right.
Yeah, just like they would if they ever make it for any console, like the Xbox 360, or the Playstation, or the N64.

godhandiscen said:
Any console RTS are "dumbed" down to a certain degree because of the limited scope of a traditional gamepad.

AltogetherAndrews said:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Wii sounds like a great fit for Wii, as long as it's tailored for the system.
Hehe, I did this twice.

Banned
echoshifting said:
Well, I don't think anyone can argue with that.

godhandiscen
There are millions of whiny
5-year olds on Earth, and
I AM THEIR KING.
(Today, 11:38 AM)

If it's on wii, then Day 1 purchase.

echoshifting said:
Well, I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Trust me, I tried to argue against it myself before posting it. But strategy gaming is one thing, in fact the only thing, that would actually benefit from being on Wii.

godhandiscen said:

Why would it have to be dumbed down? At least they could use a similar control scheme, as opposed to the bastard console RTS of recent times.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Trust me, I tried to argue against it myself before posting it. But strategy gaming is one thing, in fact the only thing, that would actually benefit from being on Wii.
Read your post again ;)

godhandiscen

Did I say that the dumbing down is because of the Wii's fault? NO! Jezz people, stop being so defensive. What I meant was that lately it seems as if publishers consider that the Wii should get less complex games than those done the PS3 or x360. Obviously this is not the hardware's fault but the publisher's perception. This is why I hope that an eventual Wii port is similar to the 360 port, and not dumbed down.

mclem said:
Yeah, just like they would if they ever make it for any console, like the Xbox 360, or the Playstation, or the N64.
The 360 version is similar to the PC version. It just has a different control scheme.

godhandiscen said:
Did I say that the dumbing down is because of the Wii's fault? NO! Jezz people, stop being so defensive. What I meant was that lately it seems as if publishers consider that the Wii should get less complex games than those done the PS3 or x360. Obviously this is not the hardware's fault but the publisher's perception. This is why I hope that an eventual Wii port is similar to the 360 port, and not dumbed down.
Well, EA just added some dumbed down controls together with thier EA Sports game on the Wii along with the "traditional" gameplay. I wouldn't mind if they dabbled it and dumbed it down a bit so long as the core game(as far as the console would allow) is still there since RTS is still a relatively serious gamer's game.

Of course, all this talk is moot since we don't even know what the announcement is about.

godhandiscen

titiklabingapat said:
Well, EA just added some dumbed down controls together with thier EA Sports game on the Wii. I wouldn't mind if they dabbled it and dumbed it down a bit so long as the core game(as far as the console would allow) is still there.

Of course, all this talk is moot since we don't even know what the announcement is about.
This is what I am hoping for. That the core game is still there and not some unrecognizable game with totally different strategies and such.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Isn't this most likely just an expansion or am I missing something?

The big news is C&C TV ("Battlecast Primetime"), the ability to see C&C games without owning the game. Just as I predicted in this thread.

Armitage

BrokenSymmetry said:
The big news is C&C TV ("Battlecast Primetime"), the ability to see C&C games without owning the game. Just as I predicted in this thread.

I thought this was a feature at launch.

There are not enough :|s in the world.

GDGF

Soothsayer
BrokenSymmetry said:

Ah. A play on 'The revolution will be televised.' or some such. Oh well.

Varjet

Armitage said:
I thought this was a feature at launch.

There are not enough :|s in the world.

:|:|:|:|
:|:|:|:| :|:|:|:|

koam

BrokenSymmetry said:

Cooking with Kain.
Learning to Read with the dude who played Sawyer on Lost.

Command and Conquer needs a real channel!

Top Bottom