• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

mclem

Now the codes are out there:

Is there any expiry date on the (UK) code slips? I want to get in on this, but I'm deep in DQ6 right now. If I could pick up the code now and use it when I get time to swap to Pokemon, that'd be great.

aett

I was able to get a handful of these Pokemon during Gen V thanks to spoofed events, but there are a few more that I've never been able to collect and I'm ready to cross them off my list.

It feels weird to have never had a Mew, despite playing every mainline Pokemon game since R/B.

Hedge

My country isn't on the list. Arceus and Mew are the only mythics I want and they're always out of reach. :/

My country isn't on the list. Arceus and Mew are the only mythics I want and they're always out of reach. :/

Hmm, are they legit country-specific, or maybe only region-specific, like a EU code might work in Germany, or a US code in Canada, etc?

Maybe a code from the closest place will work for you and others with the same issue?

JoeM86

Another pokemon I won't be able to get since GF is stuck to the past and still doing store events instead of internet ones.

It's not stuck in the past.

People continue to misunderstand why event distributions exist.

Besides, most Mythicals will be over the Internet, just not all of them.

Hmm, are they legit country-specific, or maybe only region-specific, like a EU code might work in Germany, or a US code in Canada, etc?

Maybe a code from the closest place will work for you and others with the same issue?

Yeah any EU code should work for any EU game :)

It's not stuck in the past.

Besides, most Mythicals will be over the Internet, just not all of them.

Did not took long for you to come white knighting them. It is stuck in the past, this is not a Japan only event in one Pokemon Center.

About the pokemons, yeah just Mew, Arceus and another one.

JoeM86

How it is GF's fault anyway? There are no Gamestops in Japan. :p

Yeah plus that. It's The Pokémon Company International and regional Nintendo branches who are responsible.

Japan aren't even getting Mythical distributions.

Did not took long for you to come white knighting them. It is stuck in the past, this is not a Japan only event in one Pokemon Center.

Because the argument is ridiculous. In-store events happen for a logical reason, to try and get the social aspect of Pokémon going. Not their fault if you don't talk to anyone or challenge anyone when there.

Hedge

Really? Oh geez, I'm going to have to beg, aren't I?

If anyone stumbles upon an EU code with Mew.. please PM me! D:

entremet

It does suck. But ask for one here. I've gotten a lot of Mythicals and given away some extras here on GAF.

Take advantage of this resource.

Because the argument is ridiculous. In-store events happen for a logical reason, to try and get the social aspect of Pokémon going. Not their fault if you don't talk to anyone or challenge anyone when there.

Should I make a drawing for you to understand that there are no stores in my country doing the event? How can I talk to imaginary people in imaginary stores?

JoeM86

Should I make a drawing for you to understand that there are no stores in my country doing the event? How can I talk to imaginary people in imaginary stores?

Well that is unfortunate, but you should be complaining to the distributor of Nintendo products in your country rather than chastising a company who has nothing to do with the events.

Well that is unfortunate, but you should be complaining to the distributor of Nintendo products in your country rather than chastising a company who has nothing to do with the events.

Nintendo packed up and left, almost literally. The last game they released here officially was Captain Toad. Nintendo is gone, the distributor is gone and the eshop is left to rot.

JoeM86

Nintendo packed up and left, almost literally. The last game they released here officially was Captain Toad.

Oh, you're in Greece?

Yeah I'm unsure. They're never just going to drop doing these local events though. As it's a code, just have to ask if someone will grab a code for you.

wiibomb

Oh, you're in Greece?

Yeah I'm unsure. They're never just going to drop doing these local events though. As it's a code, just have to ask if someone will grab a code for you.

being a code makes it a lot easier than the DS days, still we the unlucky ones have to find someone to do us the favor

Before I go, has anyone had any problems with Gamestop forcing you to buy something to get the code? I haven't seen anyone say anything about it all day and I'm thinking that everyone finally wised up.

But i'm still buying Mew plush and figure. How much is the figure anyways? Packaging?

Snaku

Banned
Gotcha!

GsP0v4Kh.jpg

OraleeWey

Before I go, has anyone had any problems with Gamestop forcing you to buy something to get the code? I haven't seen anyone say anything about it all day and I'm thinking that everyone finally wised up.

But i'm still buying Mew plush and figure. How much is the figure anyways? Packaging?
They'll probably give you the code. Just go in there asking for a 20th anniversary pokemon 3ds. Let them look up the system only to find it's unavailable. Then casually ask for the code.

I did this and he was about to give me the code but unfortunately it was 6 hours before distribution. At the last minute he says, "it says to distribute it in Feb 1st".

I won't get another chance until next week. By then they'll be gone!

So if anyone can help a brother out!

Fireblend

Banned
I would greatly appreciate a NA Mew code as well :)

Maybe in exchange for a random Humble Bundle leftover key? I have some decent ones :p

Just ask for the code. They are there to give out to people who ask, you don't have to purchase anything.

Though I will say, I went out and picked up that Mew and Pikachu shiny plushes and asked for the code then to see if they had them.

Will likely hit up the two Gamestops again to try and score a few extra codes to give out.

Ricitor

Are these codes region locked by any chance? Not sure if my countries equivalent to GameStop will have this promotion, but I could get my cousins in Italy to send them over.

Seik

Banned
Well I guess it's time to put the dust off my copy of X...its been a while since I last played.

Tempted to buy Omega Ruby as well...

Not looking forward to this. The Diance code gamestop had was a freaking nightmare for me. I went to 3 gamestops to get a code. 1 of them ran out and the other 2 told me i had to have a pre-order for OR/AS to get a code, which i knew wasn't true. I truly wish GameFreak would just do both codes and wifi distribution for each pokemon. Having options is nice.

I guess I'll do my part for GAF and hit up all of the dozen or so Gamestops I pass by on my way home sometime this week.

Seriously, it kind of shocks me that so many people in the US don't live within driving range of one. There's one place not far from me where there are 5 within a three mile span.

fernoca

I guess I'll do my part for GAF and hit up all of the dozen or so Gamestops I pass by on my way home sometime this week.

Seriously, it kind of shocks me that so many people in the US don't live within driving range of one. There's one place not far from me where there are 5 within a three mile span.
In my case all Gamestops in PR are closing by the end of March. So because of that they stopped receiving merchandise a month ago.

I only know 2 people in the US which I contacted to see if they could get me a Mew plush and a card and their response was "lol"...As if I was joking or something. :(

eBay has the plushies already going for $40...:/

Top Bottom