• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html

For XY and ORAS. Currently only news for North America right now although I assume Europe will be the same when it comes to Nintendo Network events.

February: Mew (Gamestop)
March: Celebi (Nintendo Network)
April: Jirachi (Nintendo Network)
May: Darkrai (Gamestop)
June: Manaphy (Nintendo Network)
July: Shaymin (Nintendo Network)
August: Arceus (Gamestop)
September: Victini (Nintendo Network)
October: Keldeo (Nintendo Network)
November: Genesect (Gamestop)
December: Meloetta (Nintendo Network)

The European site confirms the distribution as well but has no specific information.

n9oBBVW.png

Announce on their twitter on top of that n3DS bundle.

From Serebii:

Mew will be distributed from February 1st through February 24th at Gamespot, unknown elsewhere while Celebi will run from March 1st through March 24th on the Nintendo Network, Jirachi in April on the Nintendo Network, Darkrai in May at Gamestop, Manaphy in June via Nintendo Network, Shaymin in July via Nintendo Network, Arceus in August via Gamestop, Victini in September via Nintendo Network, Keldeo in October via Nintendo Network, Genesect in November at Gamespot in the US, unknown elsewhere and Meloetta in December via Nintendo Network

This is pretty fucking huge news as most these Pokemon have been forever relegated to obscure Japan only event status for the longest time. Now's the time to truly complete your Pokedex.

Tirod

As someone who doesn't necessarily follow Pokémon news, is there a reason they refer to legendary Pokémon as "mythical"?

Was legendary unofficial classification or was this a recent change?

StoneFox

Japan always got these, it's nice that the Pokemon Company is finally acknowledging other regions.

Here comes the soft-resetting nightmare.

As someone who doesn't necessarily follow Pokémon news, is there a reason they refer to legendary Pokémon as "mythical"?

Generally legendaries are found in-game, while mythicals have to be given out through an event like what Mew was for the Gameboy games.

Mythical refers to the pokemon who are only catchable through events. Legendary is for Pokemon who are special, but in game such as Mewtwo. Mythical was always used for event pokemon in Japan, but it's only recently been used for US

Yeah. They recently started to classify the Legendaries you normally can't get ingame without redeeming limited time codes or downloads as being Mythical. Basically a higher tier of rarity. Deoxys used to be considered a Mythical but now anyone can get one during the end of Pokemon ORAS post-game content.

Legends are the ones you can catch in game. Mythicals are the ones you can only get through TPC events.

MicH

That's incredible! I really hope we get this in Europe as well. I'm honestly surprised at the amount of online distributions on that list :p

Tirod

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, okay. Thanks for the responses guys, I had no idea event Pokémon fit the word.

Thanks for expanding my Pokéfacts.

Caayn

Please come to Europe as well. But with all events as Nintendo Network events. Store events or similar events could just as well not exist at all for me.

Anth0ny

man they're just giving them away

there should be in game events to capture these guys, and the mystery gift just allows you to access them. like the faraway island in pokemon emerald.

That's incredible! I really hope we get this in Europe as well. I'm honestly surprised at the amount of online distributions on that list :p

Please come to Europe as well. But with all events as Nintendo Network events. Store events or similar events could just as well not exist at all for me.

Please come to Europe!!

probably it will come... it's pretty much confirmed for UK (but not the methods yet) already

So if I took my copy of X to Gamestop, what exactly do I need to do in Feb to get Mew?

ask the person behind the counter for Mew download code

Bladelaw

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html

For XY and ORAS. Currently only news for North America right now although I assume Europe will be the same when it comes to Nintendo Network events.

February: Mew (Gamestop)
March: Celebi (Nintendo Network)
April: Jirachi (Nintendo Network)
May: Darkrai (Gamestop)
June: Manaphy (Nintendo Network)
July: Shaymin (Nintendo Network)
August: Arceus (Gamestop)
September: Victini (Nintendo Network)
October: Keldeo (Nintendo Network)
November: Genesect (Gamestop)
December: Meloetta (Nintendo Network)

I CAN FINALLY FINISH MY NATIONAL LIVING POKEDEX. THIS IS THE BEST NEW OF THE FOREVER.

Awesome. It's kind of annoying that I'll have to go to Gamestop for some of them, but it'll be good to finally complete my Pokedex for realsies.

If this comes to europe it will be GAME who have the store ones and will typically hold them to ransom as usual where they say its with pre-orders etc

wiibomb

Arceus through gamestop??? UUUUGH..

for a person who doesn't live in US that is very discouraging since there hasn't been a distribution for this gen through the NN

Please come to Europe!!

The European site confirms the distribution as well but has no specific information.

Crayolan

man they're just giving them away

there should be in game events to capture these guys, and the mystery gift just allows you to access them. like the faraway island in pokemon emerald.

Well Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus had in-game events in their original games, you just needed a special item from wifi to activate the events.

SaberVulcan

I am incredibly out of the Pokemon loop, but is this the first legit way to get Arceus?

Edit: Nevermind, answered right above me :D.

No Deoxys? While Deoxys is catchable in ORAS it is still considered a mythical as far as competitive rules and Pokedex completion goes (mythical is not require for completion). Plus if they had Deoxys they could start in January (move first 3 forward by 1 month, rest remain same).

Well Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus had in-game events in their original games, you just needed a special item from wifi to activate the events.
Am I right in remembering the item for Arceus was never released and for the Gen IV event it was just that an Arceus given to you. This might also be why mythical Pokemon stopped having special in-game events.

wiibomb

the item for Arceus was never distributed.

It only had some appearances as even distribution pokemon, I think 2 or 3

mclem

How much of one of these games would I need to play to open up the ability to acquire these? I'm sort of playing through the series very slowly, but I'm tempted to skip ahead a bit (Probably to ORAS, since that's not a huge leap in the natural progression) to secure them.

Somnid

Manaphy, finally. Did not want to buy Pokemon Ranger for that.

Also nice that there's an upfront release calendar.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fuck these GameStop exclusive events, man :/

At least this time I'll be able to pick up most of those.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
It's worth noting the European distributions have been confirmed but no specifics have been announced yet.

Finally, I get my Mew.

How much of one of these games would I need to play to open up the ability to acquire these? I'm sort of playing through the series very slowly, but I'm tempted to skip ahead a bit (Probably to ORAS, since that's not a huge leap in the natural progression) to secure them.

you would need to get the national dex which usally doesn't come till the end of the end of the game/post game

with ORAS you could power though, it's not that very hard and could be done in a couple sittings

Griss

Mythical Pokemon are lame as hell, but at least people will be able to get them now.

Downloadable catching events would have been 1000x better, but I guess the whole idea of a mythical is 'a shiny and rather useless bauble you get handed for being in the right place at the right time' so I suppose this is in the correct spirit.

Azuran

Banned
Of course my favorites ones have to Gamestop exclusive. I will riot if I don't get my hands on Darkrai and Genesect.

Top Bottom