• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

Why is it, as a 30 year old man they are going to force me to go ask another human being for download codes for the rarest of these? Just throw them on the network like the rest for fuck's sake.

ash_ag

That we're getting "Pokémon Grey" ;p

Trust me, I'm still waiting for the Original Dragon. :p

100% of Pokemon were obtainable before Emerald was released (in Japan). So it doesn't guarantee a new generation.

Not as widely. The ecosystem is now completely available between two Game Freak releases, and a very well-organised set of events. Nothing is guaranteed, but a sense of finality is starting to settle in.

Mr-Joker

Banned
but if Deoxys can be caught in game that means he isn't a event/Mythical pokemon any more

True but they will likely make Deoxys an event Pokémon again in the next gen. Like how Ho-Oh and Lugia went from regular to event to regular again Pokémon.

Why is it, as a 30 year old man they are going to force me to go ask another human being for download codes for the rarest of these? Just throw them on the network like the rest for fuck's sake.

Because they are also for kids and people who don't have Wi-Fi as well.

Honestly it should be both in-store and Wi-fi, I missed the Hoopla event as I was too busy to go in store and pick up a piece of paper.

Trust me, I'm still waiting for the Original Dragon. :p

Ha ha same.

Akai__

So stupid. The last time they wanted me to go to a German supermarket that existed like twice in a 100km radius. So freaking awesome!

True but they will likely make Deoxys an event Pokémon again in the next gen. Like how Ho-Oh and Lugia went from regular to event to regular again Pokémon.

but being a event pokemon mean you can only get it though a event, being able to catch Deoxys in game without a event means he isn't a event pokemon and seeing how connected pokemon is nowaday i dont thing a simlar situation like Ho-Oh and Lugia will ever happen again

as long as there is a way to transfer Deoxys to the next game he will never be a event Pokémon ever again

Nabbis

I don't think i could muster the courage of seeing grown ass men chasing after rare Pokemons in gamestop.
I would still go if i had a DS.

VegiHam

The only one of these I don't have is Meloetta; and it's one of the WiFi ones! That means every one of these has at some point or another, in the UK, been available without doing it in person. The only ones left are Hoopa and Volcanion; which are probably coming eventually. That's pretty cool.

Little by little my grudge with Pokemon is dissipating.

JoeM86

CYiahO1WYAACyip.jpg

I lol'd

Mr-Joker

Banned

They have to be trolling us. -_-

I refused to be believe that we didn't get the flute because Game Freak thought it would be too complicated.

Nah what happened is that they got cold feet with the religious tone and chickened out.

Is that for one person? Can you get two - one for X/Y and one for OR/AS?

Most Gamestop employees likely don't care and will give you as many as you ask for, although there could be limits. If you want more than one, just say "I have all 4 of the games, can I get 4 codes?"

You could even go to more if you want. I know I usually as for a few because they're kind of nice cards. They always have more anyways and they wind up on reddit, 4chan or ebay.

They have to be trolling us. -_-

I refused to be believe that we didn't get the flute because Game Freak thought it would be too complicated.

Nah what happened is that they got cold feet with the religious tone and chickened out.

Except they added that Google Images event in HGSS where Arceus literally creates Dialga, Palkia or Giratina.

The "too difficult" reason was dumb though. You were required to go through Spear Pillar to complete the story so all they had to say is go to Spear Pillar at the top of Mt. Coronet. The game basically takes over from there. Not to mention that the Oak's Letter event for Shaymin needed to go though a postgame-only section of Victory Road.

ash_ag

Many of the descriptions have a slight inaccuracy in them. For example, Darkrai is said to have been first available in Shadows of Almia, when it actually had an on-location event prior to that. I guess I'll take that as confirmation that the Ranger games are canon. :p

kRI72oH.jpg
MX4EbrB.jpg

Weird that Jirachi doesn't have a description yet.
They're trying to figure out how to reference the Colosseum Bonus Disc, aren't they? :D

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm never getting a Genesect or Arceus, am I? As someone who lives in South America, these Gamestop events are the worst. Mew can be acquired via Pokemon Ranch and Darkrai through a gen 4 glitch, but there's no other way to get the former ones.

Hopefully Game Freak will distribute them over wi-fi in a few years or something :/

February: Mew (Gamestop)
June: Manaphy (Nintendo Network)
August: Arceus (Gamestop)
October: Keldeo (Nintendo Network)
November: Genesect (Gamestop)

These are the 5 I need. Looks like I'll be in the gamestop parkinglot soon

Kinsei

Banned

I assume they'll use codes like Diancie and shiny Gengar. You'll need to go into the store and ask for them.

EDIT: Just checked the site and they are indeed codes.

Espada

No Deoxys? While Deoxys is catchable in ORAS it is still considered a mythical as far as competitive rules and Pokedex completion goes (mythical is not require for completion). Plus if they had Deoxys they could start in January (move first 3 forward by 1 month, rest remain same).

Am I right in remembering the item for Arceus was never released and for the Gen IV event it was just that an Arceus given to you. This might also be why mythical Pokemon stopped having special in-game events.

You're dead on, the Azure Flute (the item needed to activate the Arceus encounter in DPPt) was never distributed. We only know that particular battle and event exists because people hacking it.

Anyway, this is awesome news from TPC. As someone who grew up in the days of Pokemon being given out only in some distant event or to a select few, this is a very welcome development.

Fuck, they should do this through nintendos own network. Gamestop will be closing all of PR stores soon and some of them being exclusive means I wont get a chance to get them

With this I can make my gen 6 living dex.

The rest of my non gen 6 mons will live in the bank...which reminds me I need to pay for the yearly sub soon

Nope, you're gonna have to ask the cashier. it isn't a wifi thing. They do them via codes on little cards.

Top Bottom