• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA release date - Steins;Gate - August 26, 2015

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just confirmed in a newsletter from Rice Digital. Finally!

Amazon Links
Vita:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011ERY5IA/?tag=neogaf0e-20
PS3:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011ERXVVW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

LE Links
El Psy Kongroo Edition

Vita:
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-el-psy-kongroo-edition-us-version-ps-vita
PS3:
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-el-psy-kongroo-edition-us-version-ps3

sg-epk-us-news-page-advert-320x320.png

AmanoBuff

Nice!

Looking forward to it. I wasn't too interested before, but after all the rave impressions and reviews I might get it day one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just a FYI, you have to IMPORT the US LE if you want it shipped to the US. Considering it's still $80 and I'd have to wait weeks, not to mention this is a week or two before Danganronpa AE comes out (have the LE pre-ordered), think I'll just stick with the game itself.

Just glad we finally have a release date.

Was all set to buy, but that conversion rate from GBP to USD. Ouch. Is anywhere other than Rice Digital going to get a physical edition?

Mbrill82

Nice! I know it's pretty much the same but I am really glad I held out for a US region release. Physical Vita version day 1.

PranooY

I bought the digital version of the game from PSN EU. Beat the game and loved it. I think i'll get the CE for collection purposes. :)

Was all set to buy, but that conversion rate from GBP to USD. Ouch. Is anywhere other than Rice Digital going to get a physical edition?

Itll happen for sure. Just not now. There will be a nice gap where it only seems like they have it. Amazon or gamestop will probably have the preorder limited edition just like other sites in the UK did after(few weeks - month) the initial announcement. I got the EPK edition on vita from rice UK version and I'll probably get the PS3 US limited edition not from Rice. I'll wait for Amazon or Best Buy.

Itll happen for sure. Just not now. There will be a nice gap where it only seems like they have it. Amazon or gamestop will probably have the preorder limited edition just like other sites in the UK did after(few weeks - month) the initial announcement. I got the EPK edition on vita from rice UK version and I'll probably get the PS3 US limited edition not from Rice. I'll wait for Amazon or Best Buy.

Thanks, good to know. Would love a physical Vita version from Best Buy with a GCU discount.

ys45

Right before my Vacation I will be able to put a lot of time on the game .
Il keep an eye out for that limited edition .

Glad I decided to wait .

exemp30

I've been trying to find the answer on rice's website with no luck I didn't want to ask but when do they charge for preorders?

kierwynn

I already imported a vita copy, but if any place in the US gets that special edition, I'll probably buy that. From what people are saying, though, sounds like that isn't likely. If not, I may get it on ps3 to support the US release.

Veitsev

I already imported a vita copy, but if any place in the US gets that special edition, I'll probably buy that. From what people are saying, though, sounds like that isn't likely. If not, I may get it on ps3 to support the US release.

My understanding is this edition with the Metal Upa and Pins will be Rice Digital Exclusive. The Limited Edition with artbook in the box (which isn't all that great TBH) may see a U.S. release.

ys45

My understanding is this edition with the Metal Upa and Pins will be Rice Digital Exclusive. The Limited Edition with artbook in the box (which isn't all that great TBH) may see a U.S. release.

WTF the NA limited (with the Upa) edition is only available at UK store ?
Are you kiding me .....

Il just get whatever physical release we will get here then .

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, so the US might only get an LE with JUST the artbook, i.e the bonus I cared the least about? Bleh, unless it's the "first print edition" or something, once again I'll just stick with the game.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Is there a reason to choose this over the pc version ? Any differences ?

Well the PS3 version has higher resolution art assets but otherwise it's the same game. So far in the UK version a difference in presentation is that word wrapping isn't implemented in the console versions of the game for text messages but I'm not sure if that will be patched anytime soon.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hopefully it won't take long for the localization to reach the iOS version. I want to play this on my iPad.

LiK

I have the Huke artbook that came with my BSR figure and it includes all art from Steins;Gate along with all BSR art when it came out. You guys should check it out. It's a beast.

Top Bottom