• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco announces Code Vein (UE4, console, 2018), ARPG from God Eater team [Up: Art]

specdot

Not necessarily. They did say they were done with Souls and Soulslike, maybe Namco just wants more games to appeal to that audience, while still being interested in whatever From Software comes up with next.
I dunno man. What if Sony locked them up for another collab and forced Bamco's hand here to make another one of those games?

Amir0x

Banned
Maybe in the next thread about game 3,498 from third party games never coming to Switch the lesson will finally be learned.

Anyway, I like God Eater enough, I'll keep an eye out. Who knows maybe it'll be something special.

DKHF

Famitsu cover featuring Code Vein (posted by Famitsu themselves, not a leaked scan)

C9yLU0PUAAAtDui.jpg:large

I hope for some measured responses from the people who are absolutely certain it's coming to Switch even despite evidence to the contrary, once the platform announcement is made.

I expect to be disappointed.
That stuff won't stop until we have a full list of 20 japanese UE4 games on switch.

Rymuth

Famitsu cover featuring Code Vein (posted by Famitsu themselves, not a leaked scan)

If you told me this is God Eater 3, I'd have believed you.

What are the chances we're looking at an RE 3.5 situation (game was initially a sequel to a different franchise before being repurposed into a new IP)?

Ridley327

If you told me this is God Eater 3, I'd have believed you.

What are the chances we're looking at an RE 3.5 situation (game was initially a sequel to a different franchise before being repurposed into a new IP)?
It's tough to say at this point, since we still have about a month before the new God Eater project is unveiled.

So you're telling me this game would sell better on Xbox than Switch with this kind of aesthetic because its aimed more for western audience.

Yeah I don't buy it lol.

TreIII

Scans are up at the usual places on Twitter.

Game actually looks pretty interesting, even though it definitely looks hella like God Eater.

Kanann

That cover look like teenager with 8th grade syndrome trying to be cool by "dramatic dying game"

But I will happy to be wrong,need more souls like games.

After seeing the screens myself, yup this totally looks like what a 2017 GE game would look like. Incredibly anime, a little "edgier" with tons of darks and weird enemies. Again, not necessarily bad, but not what I was expecting. Need to see it in motion. If this was more souls in terms of gameplay than GE, that alone would make it interesting, since the latter has always been a speedy/frenetic game, while souls is slower and more methodical.

eizarus

Banned
Not what i was expecting considering the Prepare To Dine tease. Then again, this image isn't much to go off. I'm not digging those character art styles. The teaser gave a Kill La Kill vibe to me personally, whereas this seems Vampire Knight-ish.

Looking at the graphics, it looks cool in the same way Persona 5 does. Cell-shaded graphics in HD are always welcome. The problem is the edge in this one is way too sharp for me lol. If Persona 5 is anime this is... REALLY ANIME.

bbd23

so code vein is going to be called god eater by the time it releases right?

not what I was expecting after that tease.

Zukkoyaki

Has any Japanese developer adapted as well to the modern market as Bandai-Namco?

They were definitely the quickest to wrap their heads around proper budgeting and sales projection.

Also I feel like Sega is doing pretty well for themselves in terms of business model.

On-Topic: I really enjoy the God Eater visual style so I'm feeling this so far. Need to see some proper gameplay to know to what extent it differs.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
You guys are all marks and you were worked by Bamco. They played you like a fiddle with that dark souls-like marketing.

eizarus

Banned
You guys are all marks and you were worked by Bamco. They played you like a fiddle with that dark souls-like marketing.
:(

Didn't Miyazaki say there would be similarities to Soulsborne too?

Edit: ignore me. Just realised this is by Shift. Not Fromsoftware.

SomTervo

Sounded interesting... Then i see that picture

Why is the little girl wearing a beefeater hat

Why is the weapon so big

I'm out

Principate

Saint Titanfall
:(

Didn't Miyazaki say there would be similarities to Soulsborne too?

I don't doubt there's some similarities, it will likely be what God eater is to MH as it is to DS but likely more in general God eater in tone. The thing is Prepare to die wasn't really representative of dark souls in the first place it was a easy selling point to series perceived hard-core nature but the games didn't go out of their way to kill you for no reason. They just repeated it here for easy net to catch a similar crowd.

Datschge

The disappointment consequently following the mismatch between God Eater style and Dark Souls-like marketing will only result in people stopping caring now already. Not sure "playing like a fiddle" applies to bad marketing that has the effect of turning people away this early.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The disappointment consequently following the mismatch between God Eater style and Dark Souls-like marketing will only result in people stopping caring now already. Not sure "playing like a fiddle" applies to bad marking that has the effect of turning people away this early.

It got people to pay attention that otherwise wouldn't have. People who like the art style will stick around those who don't most will ignore it but some won't which was it's purpose in the first place.

Top Bottom