• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai Games announces Dark Souls and Armored Core V for NA/Europe [+ Screens]

Canova

Banned
Captain Pants said:
2rrkspg.jpg

Goddamn... it looks so fucking good.

amazing design isnt it? I can't even figure out what that thing is

Spiegel

Vinterbird said:
In a few hours. For those interested, here's what a friend at the event will be seeing:

- Dark Souls
- Knights Contract
- Inversion
- Ace Combat
- Ridge Racer (no clue on what platform)

That better not be the 3DS version.

Jinaar

Holy. Shit. Mother. Of. All. That. Is. Holy. I'm. Bleeding. Out. Of. My. Ass.

Dark Souls CANNOT come soon enough. Game of the Forever and Beyond.

Canova

Banned
Jinaar said:
Holy. Shit. Mother. Of. All. That. Is. Holy. I'm. Bleeding. Out. Of. My. Ass.

Dark Souls CANNOT come soon enough. Game of the Forever and Beyond.

Indeed

it's gonna be a long wait.

Trevelyon

Captain Pants said:
2rrkspg.jpg

Goddamn... it looks so fucking good.

Ack! I'll be all dex'd the hell out in hyper mode with my compound sticky bow +5 and white arrows at the ready......

10 miles away, hiding behind a rock.

I guess Sony only has a patent on the name, because it looks identical (in style) to Demon's Souls. I'm really excited despite the fact that I've had Demon's Souls since it came out and haven't finished it/ never will finish it.

Canova

Banned
Trevelyon said:
Ack! I'll be all dex'd the hell out in hyper mode with my compound sticky bow +5 and white arrows at the ready......

10 miles away, hiding behind a rock.

lol none of that now.

no cheeze tactics in this one

MechaX

I'd probably be a lot more excited for Dark Souls if I actually unwrapped and played my copy of Demon's Souls. I need to get around to that eventually.

Armored Core 5 looks pretty hot. Although, I always end up getting hyped for Armored Core just to be disappointed half of the time. But at least For Answer was fun in its own right.

Canova

Banned
MechaX said:
I'd probably be a lot more excited for Dark Souls if I actually unwrapped and played my copy of Demon's Souls. I need to get around to that eventually.

Armored Core 5 looks pretty hot. Although, I always end up getting hyped for Armored Core just to be disappointed half of the time. But at least For Answer was fun in its own right.

stop talking, do it now man.

trust me, Demon's Souls is all that and more

Struct09

I played quite a bit of Demon's Souls (25 hours) and just really didn't dig it :( I'll keep an open mind for Dark Souls, but will probably give it a rent before buying it.

duckroll said:
Maybe they're adding an extra type of phantom to the game? This is just groundless speculation, but maybe white = from friend list, blue = random, red = enemy.

o_O That would be... AMAZING.

God these screens have me so much more excited then I thought I could possibly be.

Still wish we could have had some returning characters like the Black Maiden etc, but seeing these screens I... I am giddy, that doesn't happen. Also Dark Souls is a good replacement name, and easier to say.

I just said this in the other thread but I hope they fix the latency issues, makes PVP feel cheap.

Danielsan

Shadow Red said:
What happen to Atlus?
Demon's Souls wasn't their game. They merely picked up the US publishing rights.
Namco Bandai seems to have funded Dark Souls and will publish it in all regions.

Canova

Banned
Danielsan said:
Demon's Souls wasn't their game. They merely picked up the US publishing rights.
Namco Bandai seems to have funded Dark Souls and will publish it in all regions.

I wonder who owns the IP, From Soft or Bamco? I hope it's From Soft

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Shadow Red said:
What happen to Atlus?

Wish they were publishing instead of Namco. Only they could screw something like this up. I predict a November release right in the middle of everything else.

duckroll

°°ToMmY°° said:
from. they're self publishing it in jap. namco will be the publisher (or only distributor?) in the rest of the world.

I don't think we should assume that From Software wholely owns the IP anymore. NBGI clearly has co-ownership of both Dark Souls and Armored Core V.

duckroll said:
I don't think we should assume that From Software wholely owns the IP anymore. NBGI clearly has co-ownership of both Dark Souls and Armored Core V.

weren't previously armored core titles published by from in japan and by ubisoft eveywhere else? did namco recently purchase part of their IPs (maybe giving them some money for game development) or am i missing something?

duckroll

°°ToMmY°° said:
weren't previously armored core titles published by from in japan and by ubisoft eveywhere else? did namco recently purchase part of their IPs (maybe giving them some money for game development) or am i missing something?

Namco Bandai Games entered into an exclusive partnership with From Software for both Dark Souls and Armored Core V. Not only are they distributing the game in NA and Europe, but this fact is mentioned specifically in the Japanese previews of both games. Both games also have a copyright for NBGI as well as From Software... in the Japanese previews. From Software is publishing both titles in Japan, so unless NBGI actually co-owns the copyright for both games, there is no reason for them to have a copyright there. It is very likely that Namco is funding both projects entirely.

The original press release announcing Project Dark was put out jointly by From Software and Namco Bandai Games last year at TGS. In Japanese.

Canova

Banned
duckroll said:

God I hope Bamco doesnt own it. They dont deserve something as good as this. If Sony controls Demon's Souls IP and Bamco controls Dark Souls, we're fucked, none of those 2 companies know what to do with them

falconzss

Kagari said:
Wish they were publishing instead of Namco. Only they could screw something like this up. I predict a November release right in the middle of everything else.

So do i. I really feel sorry for Atlus here since they published Demon's Souls in NA (while no one else seemed to care) which made the game that successful in the first place and now Bamco is going to reap the benefits with Dark Souls.

At least this means we can get it sooner in Europe this way.

duckroll

falconzss said:
So do i. I really feel sorry for Atlus here since they published Demon's Souls in NA (while no one else seemed to care) which made the game that successful in the first place and now Bamco is going to reap the benefits with Dark Souls.

At least this means we can get it sooner in Europe this way.

If Atlus was willing to pay for the development of Dark Souls, I'm sure they would be publishing it in the US!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
canova said:
God I hope Bamco doesnt own it. They dont deserve something as good as this. If Sony controls Demon's Souls IP and Bamco controls Dark Souls, we're fucked, none of those 2 companies know what to do with them

There has been hints of a Demon's Souls 2 at some point though. Maybe the next project after Dark Soul.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Kagari said:
There has been hints of a Demon's Souls 2 at some point though. Maybe the next project after Dark Soul.
Unless this IP tanks, it'd be better to just stick with Dark Soul than having to deal with Sony's incompetence again.

Canova

Banned
oracrest said:
And from what I can tell, it looks like just a dragon skull for a head (dragon lich?)

I don't know, his head doesnt' even look like a dragon skull. Dragon Lich sounds awesome though

ok, how can i go on a media blackout for Dark Souls? how can i?

i've never been more excited over any entertainment product, ever. and these pics are just making my hype worse. goddamn amazing art and enemy design...*drool*

Top Bottom