• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai Games announces Dark Souls and Armored Core V for NA/Europe [+ Screens]

duckroll

http://www.gamesource.it/News/13157/namco-bandai-annuncia-dark-souls-e-armored-core-v.html

Google translated press release:

Cergy-Pontoise, France - February 2, 2011 - NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe SAS today announced details of upcoming titles to be distributed in partnership with developer FromSoftware, Inc. Under the agreement, NAMCO BANDAI Games will release two new titles in the developer North America and Europe, the Dark Souls ™ and ARMORED CORE ® V , both for Xbox 360 ® and PlayStation ® 3 . FromSoftware, Inc. will remain the publisher of both games in Japan.

"The gaming experience that is FromSoftware are able to offer no-compromise, high-quality, involving legions of fans as never before," said Shusuke Takahara, President, NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe. "Deploy all resources at our disposal to ensure that these two titles can further stimulate the curiosity of gamers around the world and reach the largest audience possible, because that's what you deserve."

"The combination of force development with the experience of publishing FromSoftware global NAMCO BANDAI Games will give a great benefit to future projects," said Eiichi Nakajima, studio head, FromSoftware, Inc. "We look forward to undertake a successful partnership to provide new and revolutionary titles for gamers around the world. "

Dark Souls is a new action RPG (role playing game) set in a rich, dark fantasy universe. Intense action within the dungeons, encounters with terrifying enemies and innovative online features combine for a unique RPG experience. Dark Souls world breaks down barriers with a fluid design encourages exploration and promotes an adaptation experience. At a time when the players come face to face with terrifying enemies and find new areas, the infallible system and reward challenge takes possession of everything to offer a sense of achievement without equal.

© ARMORED CORE series is famous in the mech action genre for his intense one on one battles and customization options. ARMORED CORE V is a new entry that revolutionizes the series with a lot of new content compared to previous games, a completely new atmosphere and a strong offline. In addition, the online mode has been completely redesigned to focus on battles on a global scale, based on team play, absolutely immense. With mechs that are smaller than the previous chapters, ARMORED CORE V is more focused on tactics used effectively geography level rather than relying only on the attacks.

Dark Souls will be available in North America and Europe in 2011 . ARMORED CORE V will be available in North America and Europe in 2012 .

Edit: Some extra stuff...

miladesn said:
logos

200x200-announcement-jqmi3.jpg

Not functioning yet
http://www.facebook.com/DarkSouls
http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/news/admin-news/facebook.com/ArmoredCore

http://www.it.namcobandaigames.eu/n...itoli-in-collaborazione-con-fromsoftware/1206

Edit2: Adding Dark Souls screens.

Peff said:
lTdqg.jpg

This has amazing potential.

EDIT:

vnlrC.jpg

EmXgt.jpg

ZGjPW.jpg

W0y90.jpg

rQmml.jpg

sXDZR.jpg

rKhLC.jpg

fANsd.jpg

duckroll said:
Monsters:

H7oDn.jpg
ds0tM.jpg

DkdHE.jpg

World:

Ox84R.jpg
epOw4.jpg

4keoF.jpg

Edit3: Adding Armored Core V stuff.

duckroll said:
Armored Core V screens:

S2gjy.jpg

BbdsL.jpg

zzNNa.jpg

Y4CS5.jpg

Online Conquest Mode:

TQHHO.jpg

GN9rG.jpg

Commander Interface:

c3cJX.jpg

Empty

no need to import this time round. well i will refrain from calling you by your well earned nickname today namco.

glaurung

AC5 will be available in 2012...

*drops to his knees

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I wonder if they will still release it this year in Europe...

duckroll

spidye said:
I see. I thought this would be a press conference or something like that.

It is, but it hasn't be announced officially to the public, so details are vague. We know there's a press event, and we know some press are attending it. Beyond that we know very little else.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Surprised NB outbid Atlus on this one. Assuming Atlus was bidding on it (I can't imagine they wouldn't have).

Zzoram

When in 2011? I'm assuming Fall if they haven't given a date by now for either the JPN or NA/EU releases. That's probably a bad idea, Demon's Souls did well in part because it came out at a dead time where word of mouth is stronger due to the lack of media hype campaigns.

duckroll

RurouniZel said:
Surprised NB outbid Atlus on this one. Assuming Atlus was bidding on it (I can't imagine they wouldn't have).

Pretty sure there is no bid. Namco probably bankrolled a good chunk of development for both games wholesale. This is a partnership and not just a publishing deal for one game. Atlus also cannot offer the same level of distribution for the titles. No matter what, Atlus is just a small company compared to what Namco Bandai Games is.

Damn, worlwide release of Dark Souls in 2011 ? That's awesome!
I thought Japan would get it in 2011 and western audience in 2012...it's a really good news :D

So I'll probably wait a few weeks for the game to be released in Europe/USA instead of importing the Japanese version.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
duckroll said:
Pretty sure there is no bid. Namco probably bankrolled a good chunk of development for both games wholesale. This is a partnership and not just a publishing deal for one game. Atlus also cannot offer the same level of distribution for the titles. No matter what, Atlus is just a small company compared to what Namco Bandai Games is.

Gotcha. Still, it's too bad, but at least it's getting a sequel.

duckroll

canova said:
we're getting some kinda official trailer, pics later on today, right?

We better be. If Namco doesn't release any immediately, hopefully we'll at least get some direct feed screens from Famitsu's site if they update with the articles in 2 hours or so. Sometimes they update articles at that time, sometimes they don't. Depends on the exclusivity the article has.

Canova

Banned
Volcynika said:
I'm interested to see how they'll advertise Dark Souls. If they advertise it at all. :p

We prolly still have to do our own pimping just like with Demon's Souls, lol

Xater

Armored Core is 2012? I was hoping it would be 2011 as well.

I also surprised that I will be buying Namco Bandai games. I can't remember the last time I bought one.

luffeN

I asked my German rep about the 2010 typo for Armored Core V and he said it will be out in 2011 ... Think he may have made another mistake, cause the Italian press release says 2012..

edit: yeah, now it's 2012 too.

Danielsan

Kusagari said:
Holy shit at Dark Souls in 2011. This year gets more insane.
This year is already so much better than last year. Dead Space 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2 alone are probably more exciting than the vast majority of what's come out in 2010 and there is so much more in the pipeline.

Patryn

Calling it now: They are going to fuck up the localization and release of Dark Souls and then be left wondering why it sold a fraction of what Demon's Souls did.

Probably end up releasing it the same day as Skyrim or something, with no advertising.

Top Bottom