• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai trademarks Tales of Zestoria, Tales of Creales, and Tales of Catastora

Soriku

http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4500005.html

27f1045f.jpg

b4076548.jpg

83cb381f.jpg

Being talked about on various JP sites.

As per usual Namco trademarks three names for a new Tales game but picks one to be the final name.

Based on what Tales producer Hideo Baba has said, they have no plans for a next-gen Tales game and are focusing on PS3 so this should be a new PS3 Tales game.

Flamfas

YAY, glad you found a good enough source to cite ; )

Catastora sounds best

Probably PS3 but I wouldn't mind 3DS

Cbajd5

they couldn't even come up with three different first letters

for shame

i'll say Catastora since it has bits of it in the other two (C & stor)

Not really feeling any of the names, but I suppose Catastora will suffice.

EDIT:
"Welcome to Olive Garden. Bring the whole down to try the fettuccine alfredo sprinkled with our all new Zestoria cheese. It's grated fresh right before it reaches your table."

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I hope they don't end up picking Creales, because I have no idea how the fuck to pronounce that.

Crell-us?
Creel-us?
Creelz?
Cray-al-es?
Cree-al-es?

Flamfas

They always come in threes!

Tales of the Doom Sign was one of Tempest's, Tales of Harmonia was one of Abyss's, I think Tales of Nexus was one of Vesperia's, etc.

question is when we will hear about this

Famitsu? TGS? Jump Festa?

Markun

First one is zest-tastic
Second one reminds me of Crayola
Third one reminds me of castration.

Bring on Zestoria!

Catastora sounds way too much like the spanish word for beaver. Zestoria sounds like they should go with something like Historia instead. Creales is plain bad.

If I had to choose I'd go with Zestoria.

Yeah...I'd have to go with Zestoria. That just sounds badass.

Though I would like it if the titles actually held some kind of significant meaning to the game. I mean, in Abyss, Tear mentions it in an attack IIRC, and where does everything else come into play?

I mean, Tales of Graces. Is it referring to the "grace" of friendship within the game?

Tales of Symphonia. What about that game has to do with music or symphony? If anything that game had more to do with discrimination. Tales of Discrimonia would be a more fitting title.

Namco, I love your franchise, but can you have your titles actually hold some significant meaning? Aside from making up random words and slapping them on the cover.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Tales of Castration might be the final name.

I wonder if Team Destiny might do the next game.

Flamfas

Though I would like it if the titles actually held some kind of significant meaning to the game. I mean, in Abyss, Tear mentions it in an attack IIRC, and where does everything else come into play?

I thought Abyss was one of the easier ones to pick out, with a more literal meaning

the Abyss = the Qlipoth

Soriku

Yeah...I'd have to go with Zestoria. That just sounds badass.

I mean, Tales of Graces. Is it referring to the "grace" of friendship within the game?

Tales of Symphonia. What about that game has to do with music or symphony? If anything that game had more to do with discrimination. Tales of Discrimonia would be a more fitting title.

Namco, I love your franchise, but can you have your titles actually hold some significant meaning? Aside from making up random words and slapping them on the cover.

Abyss refers to the Qliphoth.

Graces...IDK. The battle system sure is graceful though...

Symphonia - The mana flow of the planets is like the rising and falling of a symphony.

Top Bottom