• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco developing Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life for 3DS, bundle incoming (what)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/07029885.html

http://www.senpaigamer.com/nintendo...e-11th-july-japan-3ds-special-designed-3ds-ll

07-disney-magic-castle-my-happy-life-2.jpg

07-disney-magic-castle-my-happy-life-3.jpg

07-disney-magic-castle-my-happy-life-4.jpg

07-disney-magic-castle-my-happy-life-5.jpg

07-disney-magic-castle-my-happy-life-7.jpg

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SKKsiCXHraA

Release date: July, 11th 2013
Price: Yen 5,480
Bundle Price: Yen 24,380

Ok, so...what's this?

Animal Crossing seems like the most obvious comparison, but at about 1:30 in the video there's what looks to be combat. Strange.

Rocky

Banned
Interesting. I wonder if you'll be able to do stuff, like have your Mii ride the famous rides like Haunted Mansion and Small World. That could be cool.

Animal Crossing x Fantasy Life x Disney?

Those and Style Savvy (as the poster above me mentioned) all come to mind.

Is anyone excited by this announcement? I don't know necessarily that it's something I'd enjoy but it looks decent. I'm on the mobile browser though and that tends to clean up the IQ in 3DS screens.

Who needs the Senran Kagura breasts when you have Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck?!

both.png

Nibel

Well this is surprising

Trailer has nice music and looks good; basically Disney Crossing

How big is Disney in Japan?

It's got mouse heads on it, but it's white....damn it Japan.

Well this is surprising

Trailer has nice music and looks good; basically Disney Crossing

How big is Disney in Japan?

Well, they have their own Disneyland, so big enough I guess.

serplux

Woah, the game looks very nice. Also, yay, more titles trying to bank off of Animal Crossing (hell, even Nintendo has Tomadachi Collection)! But it does look fairly fantastic.

@MUWANdo

Banned
You'd think this would be the sort of game that'd get announced a bit further out from launch... I mean, it's Disney, isn't that kinda a big deal? Whatever, game seems neat for what it is.

It does seem like the market for these sorts of games is kinda crowded, though--if you just look at 3DS there's Animal Crossing, the upcoming Tomodachi Collection, Fantasy Life, that Konami Hogwarts-looking game that I can never remember the name of, plus Harvest Moon and/or Rune Factory, and now this.

Lijik

Ever since Epic Mickey did the "always have ears in proper sillouette" thing, it really bothers me when it doesnt happen in other 3d disney games.

Id be down for Disney-themed animal crossing though

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yes, there have already been something like 4 Animal Crossing like titles after New Leaf's Japanese release.

Magician's Quest: Magical Town
Fantasy Life
Tomodachi Collection
Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life

I hope we'll start getting a good amount of hunting titles after MH4 is released.

serplux

You'd think this would be the sort of game that'd get announced a bit further out from launch... I mean, it's Disney, isn't that kinda a big deal? Whatever, game seems neat for what it is.

It does seem like the market for these sorts of games is kinda crowded, though--if you just look at 3DS there's Animal Crossing, the upcoming Tomodachi Collection, Fantasy Life, that Konami Hogwarts-looking game that I can never remember the name of, plus Harvest Moon and/or Rune Factory, and now this.

Well, Nintendo's never going to release another Animal Crossing for the 3DS, so one of these games has to make it big, considering the massive amounts of people who like the genre and now own a 3DS. I'm putting my bets on Tomadachi Collection, personally. I think all of those titles will get above the 100,000 mark (except Konami lol), so it's not like it's unprofitable.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Yes, there have already been something like 4 Animal Crossing like titles after New Leaf's Japanese release.

Fantasy Life
Tomodachi Collection

I hope we'll start getting a good amount of hunting titles after MH4 is released.

I think the Vita has the hunting market locked down. Seriously, there are so many hunter-likes announced for that thing.

m0t0k1

Game looks pretty good now if they add in mini games like the flash pooh baseball game this game will sell millions!

Fantasy Life
Tomodachi Collection

Actually, it has already been stated that Fantasy Life has not so much in common with Animal Crossing. Level-5, though, marketed the game in that direction, and it seems it paid off.

Every sort of life sim mashed together in one big Disney game seems like a guaranteed megahit in Japan if they don't screw it up.

big youth

not my type of game, but it's a good trailer

Animal Crossing + Style Savvy + jrpg with real time battles + ???

the game has a lot of potential. imagine if instead of unlocking classic games (as you do in GC Animal Crossing) if you could unlock classic Disney songs. that'd be a good incentive

Celestial

Banned
Game looks nice and interesting.This looks like an Animal Crossing X Disney X RPG.If it will be marketed properly it can achieve big things in Japan.

Damn Nintendo why is 3DS region-locked?

Top Bottom