• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco teasing Pacman & Galaga 3DS [Up7: Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales, Ono, Vesperia?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Now the image on the site is changing everyday and more things are added to the mix!
Day 5
peach.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 4
cherry.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
Day 3
banana.png

--------------------------------------------------------------
Day 2
grapeva2y.png

------------------------------------------------------------
Day 1
blueberryiedo.png

------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:
---------------
FilthiRich, Namco Bandai's CM, posted a puzzle yesterday, telling the followers that he guarantees this will be something they will like.
The puzzle was this:
http://namcobandaigames.com/glyphs/

some glyphs each one standing for a character, he later gave a hint that one of the symbols is an 'F'

red.png

then this site was found:

http://ataleoftworichards.com/

which is the solution of the puzzle:
here is how:

ataleoftwo
richards
.com

the site contains a distorted image of Tales of Graces f.

WHJMv.jpg

m7s7b5.png

checking the whois record of this site:
http://whois.domaintools.com/ataleoftworichards.com

Rpgmonkey said:
Looking at the domain information:

-Registered on the 12th.
-Registrant is located in Spain? NB is in CA and that's where the registrant is typically listed as being.
-Registrar is Register.com, which has done other NB game sites.
-Server is located in New York, most servers seem to be in CA for NB games.

the other thing that links the two site is the way files are named: for example:
http://ataleoftworichards.com/images/yor_bg.jpg
http://namcobandaigames.com/glyphs/images/roy_bg.jpg

and Richard is a character in Tales of Graces, the name of the site is about the plot of the game.
http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/Richard

thanks to everyone contributing in the other thread.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hate to burst the bubble but:

john tv said:
Totally fake. If we were working on this, we'd have changed his name to Hodfarg, so the URL wouldn't match anyway. :p

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
miladesn said:
maybe 8-4 isn't working on it, doesn't mean anything.

Yeah, true though.

Still, my expectations are fluctuating.

Foffy

Banned
I'd giggle if the fan translating group are the ones doing the work for Namco. :p

It wouldn't be the first time a game was localized based on translations from a fan.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Foffy said:
I'd giggle if the fan translating group are the ones doing the work for Namco. :p

It wouldn't be the first time a game was localized based on translations from a fan.
It's taking the VN market by storm lately.

ULTROS!

If this is true, then this probably marks the second Team Destiny game to be translated.

miladesn said:
Like Production IG until Xillia, maybe they cut the budget!

Maybe Ignition is secretly translating Graces!

Jonnyram

miladesn said:
Like Production IG until Xillia, maybe they cut the budget!
I can actually get behind this, since the graphics have approached the quality of the animation :p
And how would cutting 8-4 from the equation work out? They'd still have to have someone localising.

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
I can actually get behind this, since the graphics have approached the quality of the animation :p
And how would cutting 8-4 from the equation work out? They'd still have to have someone localising.

A new company is doing it. I hear it's called Hodfarg.

john tv

Jonnyram said:
You are right, of course, but they have worked on every Tales game brought to the West since TotA :p
I also oversaw Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Legendia before we started up 8-4. :)

I was just being a smartass in the other thread -- Hodfarg is my preferred "Western" name for Okami. You had to be there, I guess...

john tv said:
I also oversaw Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Legendia before we started up 8-4. :)

I was just being a smartass in the other thread -- Hodfarg is my preferred "Western" name for Okami. You had to be there, I guess...

You would've had a perfect 6/7 if you had something to do with Phantasia =)

So when will we get an official announcement? Would be interesting what platforms this hits and in what form.

EDIT: Or rather, when does this teasing end?

hamchan

Here is a preemptive insult against Namco, just in case:

Screw you Namco for getting my hopes up.

Now if it actually comes out that'd be awesome.

Takao

Banned
It actually wouldn't surprise me if Scamco handed this over to the fansgroup given some of their localizations are about what I expect from fansubs and the such.

kiryogi

Banned
john tv said:

Someone should totally make a company named that now :D Trademark it!

Takao

Banned
fernoca said:
I remember seeing a Tales game for the 3DS or something is this related or is that a different game?

That is Tales of the Abyss and that is a PS2 port.

Tales of Graces is a Wii/PS3 game. Unless Namco is super trolling, it should be Graces.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
john tv said:

Does that mean I can blame you for the second half of ToL not having any VA?

fernoca

InfiniteNine said:
Abyss was listed as a porting project for the 3DS in Japan.
Takao said:
That is Tales of the Abyss and that is a PS2 port.

Tales of Graces is a Wii/PS3 game. Unless Namco is super trolling, it should be Graces.
Good to know, got them mixed up. :p

vesp

Better be true and please be the ps3 version as it has a much better shot of actually selling than the wii version i think.

Localize the new one and the 3ds abyss port too!

john tv

Drkirby said:
Does that mean I can blame you for the second half of ToL not having any VA?
Nope! We pushed for it (so did NBGA's producer), but I guess the budget just wasn't there. Same with Abyss's skits.

john tv said:
Nope! We pushed for it (so did NBGA's producer), but I guess the budget just wasn't there. Same with Abyss's skits.

Hmm, you really do learn something new everyday. The skit about Tear's rack would have been 100x more hilarious with voice.

john tv said:

I don't know if you're responsible for it but if you are thank you for bringing the awesomeness that is Jade Curtiss to the english speaking world. He really is one of the all time great game characters.

StuBurns

Banned
john tv said:
Do you write different when you know it'll be voiced as appose to text only? I would imagine there is more call for personality injection into the actual text when there isn't an actor involved.

ULTROS!

john tv said:

I just wanted to say I hated Anise and Arrietta to the bone.

Though Jade was awesome.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So their first step to reestablish the brand here is a PS3 port of a game built for Wii.

Without any context, the layman is going to see it as a really, really lackluster PS3 game. I hope Namco's not thinking of charging more than $40 for this if they want to succeed.

squall211

Shig said:
So their first step to reestablish the brand here is a PS3 port of a game built for Wii.

Without any context, the layman is going to see it as a really, really lackluster PS3 game. I hope Namco's not thinking of charging more than $40 for this if they want to succeed.

Tales isn't exactly a big series here in the west. Is a "layman" even going to know that there is a lesser Wii version in Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom