• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco teasing Pacman & Galaga 3DS [Up7: Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales, Ono, Vesperia?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome news. I wasn't expecting to be playing a new Tales game for quite some time, and I had given up on Graces ever seeing an official translation. Day 1, Namco, just make sure to give Europe some love too!

MoogPaul

Look, can we all agree that no matter what system it gets released for that the best thing about this announcement is that Namco can't get talesofgraces.com because of a fan translation project?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Bebpo said:
Eh, the sticks feel a little worse but it doesn't really effect the gameplay at all from my experience.

I think you're making a big deal out of nothing. You're just used to the Wii controls, which is something people playing it on PS3 for the first time wouldn't even notice. Most people are used to playing 3d Tales on a PS2 controller or X360 controller.
Exactly.

RPGCrazied

-Pyromaniac- said:
When Graces F comes out all you PS3 owners better buy 3 each. That way Xillia won't be too far (within the decade).

Oh and that's right I said when.

Steelbook case plz. :p I loved the ToV one. I kinda miss the Artbooks they usually do for preorders. I have all 2 of them so far. Legendia, and ToS.

Gravijah

MoogPaul said:
Look, can we all agree that no matter what system it gets released for that the best thing about this announcement is that Namco can't get talesofgraces.com because of a fan translation project?

Could always buy it from the peeps. or get thetalesofthegraces.com instead

WickedLaharl said:
normally i'd be really happy but i just paid $70 for graces last week.

fuck me i have bad luck.
Dont feel bad! It will help you learn Japanese which will come in handy when namco doesn't bring over other tales games later on!

Pooya

MoogPaul said:
domain name is not an issue,
well
this is Tales of Vesperia EU official site
www.talesofvesperia.eu/

this is the NA one:
http://www.namcobandaigames.com/games/talesofvesperia/

they don't have any problem here :p

But those poor guys over at talesofgraces.com... I'm not sure how they feel about this.

RpgN

Great news for Tales fans. The Graces F demo was pretty great and I still have the sealed copy somewhere. I hope they're looking into Tales of Abyss DS since it's impossible to import it :(

Seda

Gravijah said:
I didn't pick it up years ago because of supposed bugs/glitches. I regret that. :/

The only technical issue that i remember is that random battles on the overworld took a long time to load.

Gravijah said:
I didn't pick it up years ago because of supposed bugs/glitches. I regret that. :/

There were no bugs/glitches from my nearly 100 hour Abyss experience.

Seda said:
The only technical issue that i remember is that random battles on the overworld took a long time to load.

Like 4-5 seconds.

Amir0x

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Wait, where did you hear it was the PS3 version?

Tales of Graces F is the PS3 version of the game. Superior edition and all that. If the warped image in the op is right - which it definitely seems so - then it is what it is.

Anihawk said:
We already got Tales of the Abyss. I already got Tales of the Abyss.

If you consider that loading abomination "getting" Abyss, then sure. I on the other eagerly await the 3DS version where I can stomach playing for more than an hour because the loading isn't completely horrendous

AniHawk

Gravijah said:

I still consider it part of my backlog. Bought it in 2006. Put 2 hours into it in 2007 or 2008 and still haven't gotten back to it. Just got lost. Definitely don't remember any bugs or glitches (although it was only 2 hours).

I really need to go back and finish that one. That one and Nocturne.

Gravijah

Bel Marduk said:
It's not too late to buy it now. I bought it a couple months ago...

My backlog is enormous. Fucking gaming! Haha.

AniHawk said:
I still consider it part of my backlog. Bought it in 2006. Put 2 hours into it in 2007 or 2008 and still haven't gotten back to it. Just got lost. Definitely don't remember any bugs or glitches (although it was only 2 hours).

I really need to go back and finish that one. That one and Nocturne.

I need to finish Nocturne myself. I tried jumping into my save file a year or two ago and I couldn't figure out where the hell to go.

Rpgmonkey

Kasumi1970 said:
what.??? is this ture

The logo is definitely for Graces F. That means at least one of the platforms this is going to be on is the PS3.

For now there's nothing to suggest that it'll be for anything else.

Eteric Rice said:
I hope it comes out on both systems so everyone can frolic happily with their tales, rather than rage at each other.

Come on Namco Bandai, release it on both system.

When you say both systems you mean PS3 and 360, right!? :p

Eteric Rice

Amir0x said:
Tales of Graces F is the PS3 version of the game. Superior edition and all that. If the warped image in the op is right - which it definitely seems so - then it is what it is.

Ah, I see the F. Though, they probably could port the extras to the Wii. It's all the same resources I believe.

But when it comes to Bandai Namco, always expect the worst. lol

Relaxed Muscle said:
When you say both systems you mean PS3 and 360, right!? :p

Nope, Wii and PS3.

Though it wouldn't bother me if they ported it to the 360 as well.

kiryogi

Banned
See how this continues to drag on. I have to say, fuck you namdai for waiting until 2011 to say something. I made a bet last year with Pancakes about this getting localized within 2010 and that didn't happen. I now owe him a copy of jp Graces F or similar, it was for 100$ D:

radcliff

Don't know the system, but it looks like Tales of Graces F. You can see the loop from bottom of the "F" at the bottom of the image. Looks like the moved the white circle containing the "F" (from the original TOG F logo) to the center of the image. Could this be the PS3 version, or the rumored Wii version with the extra PS3 stuff? Hopefully both.

RPGCrazied

Quixzlizx said:
8-4, the localization company that has handled the last few Tales games to come over.

Awww. Wasn't his last post saying it was fake? I think he was joking, but I don't even remember what he posted.

Dead

well not really...yet
Considering I finally got Vesperia 360 as I gave up waiting for the PS3 version, and already put 40+ hours into it, I'm glad it looks Graces might be the next Tales to hit our shores

Fun fact: Tales of Symphonia by itself has sold more than 1.5 times as many copies in the US as every Tales game released on a Sony platform COMBINED.
Leaked NPD numbers:
Symphonia - 465k through Jan 08 Feb 07?
Legendia - 74k through Jan 08
Abyss - 68k through Jan 08
Radiant Mythology - 30k through Jan 08
Destiny - 68,614 through 2005
Destiny II - 56,864 through 2005

Even Vesperia and the god-awful Dawn of the New World sold twice as well as any of the Playstation Tales games. The series just doesn't sell on Sony platforms in the US for whatever reason.

Amir0x

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Ah, I see the F. Though, they probably could port the extras to the Wii. It's all the same resources I believe.

But when it comes to Bandai Namco, always expect the worst. lol

Well if they're gonna bother translating it i don't see why they shouldn't bring the Wii game in addition to the PS3 game

nincompoop said:
The series just doesn't sell on Sony platforms in the US for whatever reason.

Neither does Tales sell on any other platform in the USA. Symphonia was a fluke, a right-time, right-place for the RPG starved Gamecube market. Symphonia II sold like shit.

RpgN

StuBurns said:
Happy for the fans, I guess this means Xillia is more likely now, which is cool.

This is scamco. They're never consistent and it doesn't matter wether they released a previous Tales game before or not :(

Rpgmonkey

nincompoop said:
Fun fact: Tales of Symphonia by itself has sold more than 1.5 times as many copies in the US as every Tales game released on a Sony platform COMBINED.
Leaked NPD numbers:
Symphonia - 465k through Jan 08 Feb 07?
Legendia - 74k through Jan 08
Abyss - 68k through Jan 08
Radiant Mythology - 30k through Jan 08
Destiny - 68,614 through 2005
Destiny II - 56,864 through 2005

Even Vesperia and the god-awful Dawn of the New World sold twice as well as any of the Playstation Tales games. The series just doesn't sell on Sony platforms in the US for whatever reason.

I wouldn't say it sells well on any platform!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom