• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco's teasing something on their Twitter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting real tired of all these god damn teasers with multi day countdowns

The wait for Zero Escape 3 was the goddamn worst. But with a countdown that was that long, they either really had to deliver that game, or they would have shot themselves in the foot.

salromano

It's cute that they think waiting three days before finding out what this is is a neat idea.

Welcome to the world of Japanese publishers.

VndqiUW.jpg

5dOCG92.jpg

bsi6g2T.jpg

zpD4Ou9.jpg

MAndrjd.jpg

jw3ZERo.jpg

JiK0Ltq.jpg

rvkuXdl.jpg

18-Volt

Looks like it's a brand new project rather than a localization.

Death by Degrees 2 Feat. Nina Williams
Death to Rights 2
Pac-Man World 4

Come on Namco.

ReaperXL7

Welcome to the world of Japanese publishers.

I'm probably wrong but I always thought they did it to coincide with Famitsu or other media coverage. Probably just do it to be bastards.

Is there any specific reason to think this is a western announcement?

If this is a countdown for God Eater, then I can only hope it also means God Eater DLC for Zestiria will be released the same day this is announced, lol.

Stuart444

It's not hard to see why they would use countdowns. Gets people talking and speculating allowing the announcement to have some hype behind it before whatever it is is announced.

It's obviously somewhat effective otherwise they wouldn't do it. Now if the announcement is worth the countdown is obviously another matter entirely but it's not hard to see why companies like Bamco do countdowns like this.

I'm on my phone, but has anyone tried looking in HTML code? Messing around with the URL? I'm sure they'd keep everything under wraps, but coding mistakes do happen lol.

Komo

Banned
Cooking Mama rights secured confirmed.

Edit: There used to be 'internet art' stuff like this years ago that you could get lost in, and this is all it would be, except for a few mystery hidden links. Now it's viral marketing for a commercial product.

I read that as Cockring Mama

You already know. After 2 years of incessant begging, I've already stopped hoping for the series to ever come over.if they wanted to do it they had the momentum and timing with the God Eater Expo, or the God Eater anime panel in the west to do it. This is not it.

After being on the watch and waiting for as long as I have for that trademark to come to something, along with the Resurrection one at that, I am not gonna keep doing this to myself.

The fact that THIS MANY PEOPLE want it to be GE, and they still haven't done anything about it baffles me though.

Agreed there's really plenty of demand for it and it's also crazy that they didn't do it when they had a lot of hype ramping up.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
#MysteriousGame
I wanna learn more of you
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
#MysteriousGame
Though it's gonna lead to despondency

True Fire

#MysteriousGame is social media marketing gone wrong tbh. Rule #1 to hashtags, make them short and memorable. Rule #2, make them relevant to your content. Rule #3, don't use them if you don't understand them.

Welp, I feel like a jerk in this thread but, I kinda want it to be something that isn't God Eater personally. That's what it looks like though.

Saphirax

Seriously, if this ends up being something else they must really hate us

At this point I'm more concerned with how they're planning on pulling it off. More people want GE 2. It'd be amazing if we could get both games at the same time, or one shortly after the other. But if they announce GE2 it means all this wait was..for what exactly? They had far better opportunities to announce GE2.

On one hand, being a western teasing should not lead us to the usual mobile disappointment, so there is that. On the other hand, it's a little harder to get excited, at least for me.

The God Eater theory is interesting, but would Bandai Namco do such a tease just for this IP ? I guess they could have been motivated by MH4U selling one million in the West, but this is the result of several years of release and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom