• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco's teasing something on their Twitter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is supposed to open in 3 days, and we have gotten so many little teasers already. Either they are watching us closely pick this thing apart, or these hints will have to stop/repeat at some point.

This is the year of DREAMS MAN XD!

Wow, coming off of getting two great grades on finals and starting to enjoy my winter break, we are getting new of a KH3 trailer coming out today, playing as Cloud in Smash Brothers fighting Sonic the Hedgehog and now having God Eater join Digimon & SAO: Hollow Realization in Bamco's 2016 line up of games?!

What a time to be alive man :').

For real can't believe my incessant ramblings, dreams and hopes for the series on the PSN Threads might actually be happening. I can't contain my excitement.

So it's going to be Resurrection I guess?

I honestly think so. This is going to be replacing the missing GEB on the PSNStore, which was most likely taken down to avoid confusion with newcomers.

Guymelef

So it's going to be Resurrection I guess?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

I'll be ticked if it is Resurrection. Why give the West the first game, skip the second then give us the remake of the first? Unless the intent is to eventually give us GE2 later.
To gauge interest, reform the franchise I would think. It would also be an easier localization job since most of the text is already done thanks to GEB. And voice work too if they wanted to use it.

LAA

Urghh please be GE!
I honestly don't care which as long as it's on Vita too, but I would prefer GE2 first, don't want that to be a game that's forgotten, though I see why Resurrection first makes sense too, but I'd want confirmation GE2 is coming too. Heck, maybe a double pack?

RK128

For real can't believe my incessant ramblings, dreams and hopes for the series on the PSN Threads might actually be happening. I can't contain my excitement.

I honestly think so. This is going to be replacing the missing GEB on the PSNStore, which was most likely taken down to avoid confusion with newcomers.

Well if this announcement really is God Eater, then we won man :'). PSN Thread's dream of playing the series will finally happen and it will be one hell of a year for the Vita :D.

Digimon, Trials of Cold Steel 2, Neptuina vs. Sega Hard Girls, Zombie Blanc Game, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, One Piece Project, God Eater Resurrection and Rage Burst 2, FFXII HD (if that happens), SAO Hollow Realization..............the Vita is looking great next year :').

Regarding which God Eater games are coming over, I could see Resurrection coming over first early 2016 (maybe......March/April 2016, considering Digimon CS is releasing Jan/Feb 2016) and Rage Burst 2 being a late summer release (August 2016).

That way the games can be spread out across the year and people will have enough time to fully play both games. I also expect this release style to happen with the 3DS localizations of Dragon Quest VII and VIII (VII June 2016, VIII September/October 2016).

Saphirax

GE2:RB is a far better game than GE:R hope that you get RB instead.

No one's denying that, but I don't think I'd be the only one extremely annoyed if they announced GE2 only. If it's GE2 they should've announced it ages ago otherwise it would make all this waiting pointless.

Well if this announcement really is God Eater, then we won man :'). PSN Thread's dream of playing the series will finally happen and it will be one hell of a year for the Vita :D.

Digimon, Trials of Cold Steel 2, Neptuina vs. Sega Hard Girls, Zombie Blanc Game, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, One Piece Project, God Eater Resurrection and Rage Burst 2, FFXII HD (if that happens), SAO Hollow Realization..............the Vita is looking great next year :').

Regarding which God Eater games are coming over, I could see Resurrection coming over first early 2016 (maybe......March/April 2016, considering Digimon CS is releasing Jan/Feb 2016) and Rage Burst 2 being a late summer release (August 2016).

That way the games can be spread out across the year and people will have enough time to fully play both games. I also expect this release style to happen with the 3DS localizations of Dragon Quest VII and VIII (VII June 2016, VIII September/October 2016).

Agreed on all fronts. If this turns out to be true, next year will be gaming heaven. Like, no other gear so far would even come close to it.

Agreed. One of the better gaming deals I've bought into this year.

It would certainly be nice to get a dual pack. I'd buy both in a heartbeat.

No one's denying that, but I don't think I'd be the only one extremely annoyed if they announced GE2 only. If it's GE2 they should've announced it ages ago otherwise it would make all this waiting pointless.

Yeah, this true. I mean, getting GE in any shape or form in English is great news, but after having played the original and watching the anime (which was slightly different from the game mind you, and isn't even done yet) it would be nice to get the continuation.

A dual pack release could also explain why it took so long for it to be announced, so JP doesn't reverse import and Bamco gets maximum money

RK128

A dual pack release could also explain why it took so long for it to be announced, so JP doesn't reverse import and Bamco gets maximum money

......I could see that honestly.
-Localizing both titles at the same time, to push for single year release for both games
-Can release one early in the year, the sequel latter in the year, and bundle them together for winter 2016 in a dual pack
-Can add them to their release line-up, ensuring they have something coming out after Digimon (March/April for Resurrection) and something out before SAO Hollow Realization lands (August/September 2016).

LMN

Gonna wait and see if this is really GE or not, and if it is, then whether there will be retail for vita version or not.

RK128

Gonna wait and see if this is really GE or not, and if it is, then whether there will be retail for vita version or not.

I don't want to sound bitter, but I would be shocked if Vita got a retail version in NA at the very least. Bamco is known for Vita games to be digital only while PS4 games getting the retail run, though SAO Lost Song is the exception to this as of late (alongside limited runs for One Piece and Tales of Hearts R in some gamestops).

It will come to Vita when its announced but don't expect a Vita retail version.

Prelude.

It's been so long that I don't even care anymore.

Also, it's been so long that now a "port" of a localized PSP game could be the one that gets localized first so that takes it to a whole new level.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's obviously Gods Eater, we just have to see if it's the remake of the first or the second.

Yasumi

Banned
They changed the file to Tekken now, that definitely wasn't supposed to be found.
8FRQReD.png

Also,
In the get_data.php script referenced from the JS script there is this string: "The life garden flourishes in the sky". Does that mean anything?

EDIT: and I can no longer access that script. Welp. The only thing it contained was a JSON object whose only node (called "data") was equal to that string I mentioned above.

EDIT2: I should also point out that that string above is the Google Translate version of the original French string (my IP address is french so it probably served me the French version, but my browser is set to auto-translate pages to English), which I think translates more closely to "The garden of flowers lives in the sky".

EDIT3: I think "sky"(le ciel) in this sense could also be equivalent to "heaven".

The Blood Unit's Friar ship has a garden on its top-most level.
SdRDQhj.jpg

https://zippy.gfycat.com/YearlyKaleidoscopicDogwoodtwigborer.webm

Ive been getting this on loop since having the page open. Make of it what you will.

Also also, this totally looks like the Blood Unit's God Arc bracelet.
T8LwB8L.png

LMN

I don't want to sound bitter, but I would be shocked if Vita got a retail version in NA at the very least. Bamco is known for Vita games to be digital only while PS4 games getting the retail run, though SAO Lost Song is the exception to this as of late (alongside limited runs for One Piece and Tales of Hearts R in some gamestops).

It will come to Vita when its announced but don't expect a Vita retail version.

That why I using "wait and see" approach ;)
A lack of retail version is always a deal breaker for me, no retail = no buy. I will still be happy nevertheless if the game is localized, even if it digital only for vita, since more game for vita fan, so why not.

ReaperXL7

Downloaded the Japanese demos of 2 and resurrection as its been awhile since I played, I forgot how confusing the menus are in Japanese but the remaster of the first game looks quite nice considering its origins.

I wonder if Sony has any interest in porting Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars, possible both ip are dead though at this point.

DeaviL

Banned
Downloaded the Japanese demos of 2 and resurrection as its been awhile since I played, I forgot how confusing the menus are in Japanese but the remaster of the first game looks quite nice.

I wonder if Sony has any interest in putting Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars, possible both ip are dead though at this point.

I was thinking about Freedom Wars seeing God Eater mentioned.
I'd so love a FW2 PS4 game. I still don't know why i liked that game so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom