• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco's teasing something on their Twitter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReaperXL7

Just a heads up for anyone that might be interested in how God Eater plays, both GE2 and resurrection have demos available on the JPN PSN store. It sucks that you can't transfer your save from the JPN to a possible western version but the demos have. Pretty solid amount of content to try, I have troubles with some stuff because I no jack shit for Japanese but the game is enough fun that it doesn't bother me too much.

Prelude.

Just a heads up for anyone that might be interested in how God Eater plays, both GE2 and resurrection have demos available on the JPN PSN store. It sucks that you can't transfer your save from the JPN to a possible western version but the demos have. Pretty solid amount of content to try, I have troubles with some stuff because I no jack shit for Japanese but the game is enough fun that it doesn't bother me too much.
Or they could just play God Eater Burst.

Battlechili

Banned
I'm hoping for a new .hack// or a new Little Tail Bronx game (Strelka Stories? Solatorobo 2?).
....There's no hope for me, is there?

It's Bamco's attempt at snagging a piece of the Monster Hunter pie. They didn't make a huge splash but they ended up carving a nice niche for themselves.

Differences from Monster Hunter include a post-apocalyptic sci-fi setting and a lot more story focus.

Sounds like Freedom Wars from that description. How does it stack up to the other Vita games in that style?

Khort

Discovered GE when the psp version was free with ps plus and was hoping to get ge2 localized. Hopefully this is the case, for those who do not know this series, it's Freedom Wars like game (or monster hunter with anime story).
I hope for the PS4 version (a la Toukiden) of resurrection just to introduce the mytho/character then GE2+

Or and it got cool music.... Here is the opening of GE1 (2010) on psp, no game play just anime but give an idea of the universe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4ePVVvvjZU

Seil

Discovered GE when the psp version was free with ps plus and was hoping to get ge2 localized. Hopefully this is the case, for those who do not know this series, it's Freedom Wars like game (or monster hunter with anime story).
I hope for the PS4 version (a la Toukiden) of resurrection just to introduce the mytho/character then GE2+

Or and it got cool music.... Here is the opening of GE1 (2010) on psp, no game play just anime but give an idea of the universe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4ePVVvvjZU

Also then original opening, since that's the burst version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEoEFrpML64I Not as nice quality, though. I actually still prefer the original opening to the burst version.

Edit: Edited in a better link, sadly with non-english subs but higher quality video lol.

Shin-chan

I bought the Japanese version of GE2 while I was on holiday mostly for the novelty of it. Will it play in English if there is an English release?

If this seems like an odd question I only ask because I bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma + while I was there (I had a NG itch) and that played in English with Japanese VA once it installed.

Eblo

66422-pacman-generations.png

Seil

Yeah, I don't think anything can beat Toukiden's companion AI. They're TOO good. Like, better than playing with most human players.

It got better in Kiwami but they gave me a headache in the original Toukiden sometimes. They'd be great one time then suddenly I'm having parts being regenerated or they're just in general being useless running around doing nothing productive....

I honestly can't remember AI performance in GE/Burst and haven't played 2 or resurrection.

It got better in Kiwami but they gave me a headache in the original Toukiden sometimes. They'd be great one time then suddenly I'm having parts being regenerated or they're just in general being useless running around doing nothing productive....

I honestly can't remember AI performance in GE/Burst and haven't played 2 or resurrection.

AI was ace in Burst outside of one mission where it's a liability and is better to leave them dead.

Burst AI teammates will bail you out of so many bad situations. They can attack and dodge competently enough and can revive each other/you.

Haven't played 2 so I can't comment on it.

Yeah, I don't think anything can beat Toukiden's companion AI. They're TOO good. Like, better than playing with most human players.

AI was ace in Burst outside of one mission where it's a liability and is better to leave them dead.

Burst AI teammates will bail you out of so many bad situations. They can attack and dodge competently enough and can revive each other/you.

Haven't played 2 so I can't comment on it.

Alright , thank for the answer. Toukiden kiwami Ai was good enough to do the late ( chapter 13-17 ) missions that normally require humans but if god eater Ai is competent enough it's alright . Gonna try it.

Well let's hope that this annoncement really is god eater, first !

Mentok

Banned
Oh God if it's both of them....I wasn't sure which one I was hoping for more (as in I don't know which one is better between Resurrection and 2 RB), so getting BOTH will kill my free time.

Reminds me i gotta finish GE:Burst but i deleted the game off my system now i gotta start again which doesnt give me much motivation.

cj_iwakura

Sounds like Freedom Wars from that description. How does it stack up to the other Vita games in that style?

It is far, FAR better than Freedom Wars. Better story(for what it's worth), loads of customization, amazing weaponry. Far more challenging(and thus rewarding) too.

Did you play toukiden ? The companion behavior was really Great .. Is it better or worse ?

I did but they are two different games, and I'm basing my words off of Burst and Japan impressions of the Vita games which say the AI is even better than it was in the PSP game, which again was already great. They help you by taking the heat off of you if you are in trouble, they change to close/long range attacks according to the number of enemies, their health, etc. It's almost as if you were playing with real people.

Ryan95

It is far, FAR better than Freedom Wars. Better story(for what it's worth), loads of customization, amazing weaponry. Far more challenging(and thus rewarding) too.
I think the main problem with FW story is the same one with Gravity Rush story(Even if GR has actually given a sort of ending to it): many holes are left in the plot to give room for a sequel
obviously on PS4 with FW remaster lol

MilkBeard

Didn't realize that I started watching the God Eater show a while back on Crunchyroll. It's quite a good show so far, and it makes me excited about this.

LAA

At least they're calling it God Eater in the west now, and not "Gods Eater" which was stupid and unnecessary really.
Really hyped to see the announcement! If it's not God Eater I'll be very surprised and probably disappointed.

Vita is looking like it'll have a good year next year, if this is coming to Vita next year.

ramyeon

Loved God Eater 2 on the Vita. Would double dip if it comes out here on PS4. Also would love Resurrection as I've never played the original. Both would be even better.

cheesekao

GE2 was trademarked a long time ago actually
or at least the Rage Burst subtitle
That's nice to hear but my worst fear is that resurrection is the only one being localised because it is largely the same game as burst so a lot of things have already been localised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom