• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name the next Xbox

Xbox Mattrick

inUaCYxosSZvg.gif

Last edited:
X80X

The 8 means infinity and the 0 means infinity. The 2 Xs mean that they cross infinity.

Basically crossing over infinity twice, referencing the consoles power.

It also spells Xbox which is pretty cool.

PaNaMa

Banned
It will be: XBOX
Play Xbox an infinite number of ways (ie any device of your choosing) from a near infinite number of locations.
Tim Allen on stage in full Buzz Lightyear attire, yells TO INFINITY AND BEYOND and runs around the stage like ralph wiggum pretending to be an airplane.

Edit: (if they can't get Tim, it will be Phil obviously)
Ahem: XBOX

Last edited:
Reactions: 888
They just need to embrace the best nick name ever.

XboneX the last X is to be gender neutral of course. They could also then release the Xbonea and Xboneo versions. 3 SKUs baby!!

Boss Mog

I'm guessing they're going to emphasize native 4K content so maybe "XBOX Ultra" as in UltraHD. "XBOX 4K" and "XBOX 2160" could also work but I really like "XBOX Ultra".

To make sure people get that it will be backwards compatible they might keep the "XBOX One" name so then maybe "XBOX One Ultra", "XBOX One 4K" or "XBOX One S2/X2".

Last edited:

Terce

XBox ME

Lines up with windows naming convention, marketers can run with "Do you want to play with ME". ME could stand for magic edition and you'll be invited to relive the magic across both your XBox™ and your favourite licensed Windows™ operating system.

Xbox Genesis
Xbox Saturn
Xbox Dreamcast
Xbox Entertainment System
Super Xbox Entertainment System
Xbox 64
Xbox Station 5

Last edited:

It’s just gonna be Xbox. Since it’s now a platform across multiple devices and all of the current games will work on the new one (theory).

Top Bottom