• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name your top 3 game series that you want to play the next iteration of on PS5 / Xbox Series X

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Final Fantasy (XVI)
Dead Space
Horizon Zero Dawn (does it count as a series at this point?)
I'd say yes cause we know they'd be crazy not to continue the IP.
And I agree next gen HZD should be amazing,

I can’t pick franchises: having new tech doesn’t really change which IPs I would like to be iterated upon (for example: Dragon’s Crown. I don’t need more blast processing for a side scrolling beat em up).

I’ll name IPs but I really mean genres:

Destiny (FPS/Loot-based games)
Bloodborne (atmospheric ARPG)
The Witness (walking sims with or without puzzle elements)

OrionNebula

Splinter Cell
Silent Hill
Metal Gear

I doubt I'll get a single one.

I’m not too sure about that. Splinter Cell is bound to be brought back at some point, Ubi is well-aware there’s some traction behind that IP, still, and there’s somewhat of a void with games like this at the moment (can you imagine the possibilities with next gen’s tech?)

And there’s that rumour of 2 new SH titles (I fucking loved that series, but I’m at the point where I’m more afraid of them making a new (shitty) one than if they’d just left that corpse laying down there dead - since we’re now at the point where there’s more bad SH games than really good ones with that series - my opinion)

Similar situation with MGS. Even if they did one, what are the chances of them really pulling that off in a satisfying manner?

Handel

Halo
God of War
Dragon's Dogma

A series I used to love, hoping it returns to form. A series that I only started loving on it's most recent entry. A franchise that barely qualifies as one, with two gens more power behind it's first in class gameplay mechanics.

The future is full of hope, don't disappoint me Microsoft, Sony and Capcom.

Last edited:

junguler

Banned
middle earth: shadow of
prince of persia
tom clancy's splinter cell
not really sure if any of these will get a sequel but i would like them to.

Matt_Fox

So many to choose from but I've got three and I'll even try (badly) to predict when they might arrive...

The Elder Scrolls VI (2022)
Grand Theft Auto VI (2022)
Mass Effect 4 (2023)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts
Tales/Star Ocean/Dragon Quest

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
PS5
Spider-man
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank

XSX
Forza Horizon 5
Ori
Halo (if the campaign is good)

Multiplatform
Nier
The Witcher spinoff
Resident Evil 8

Ar¢tos

- New "souls" or souls-like game from FromSoftware
- Kingdoms of Amalur 2
- What Remains of Edith Finch remaster for PSVR2 (or a sequel).

Last edited:
-Horizon Zero Dawn
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Final Fantasy

honorable mentions
-Persona
-Nier
-Soul Calibur

Last edited:

Zannegan

Spiderman
Just Cause
Elder Scrolls

Guess I'm hankering to see how next gen handles open-worlds, especially those with rapid/interesting traversal or a lot of physics/enemies running at once.

Will the Elder Scrolls games stay as limited as in last gen just to keep from chugging, or will the beefy CPU upgrade make for some leaps that will make the next one feel as open/unlimited as Morrowind did back in the day?

Top Bottom