Nancy Pelosi on impeaching Trump: “He’s just not worth it.”

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...aching-president-trump-hes-just-not-worth-it/

Do you feel that he has done anything that has been good for America?

He’s been a great organizer for Democrats, a great fundraiser for Democrats and a great mobilizer at the grass-roots level for Democrats. [Laughs.] And I think that’s good for America.

There have been increasing calls, including from some of your members, for impeachment of the president.

I’m not for impeachment. This is news. I’m going to give you some news right now because I haven’t said this to any press person before. But since you asked, and I’ve been thinking about this: Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. And he’s just not worth it.
Hey Nancy using her brain. Probably isn't going to sit well with the freshman class that is out for blood but she is actually right. Unless you have an airtight case then its just a waste that will in the end turn more voters against you than for you.

I wonder if this is just more evidence that Mueller's got nothing?

Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Pelosi being reasonable. We'll see if she actually yanks back on the leashes when it actually comes time to make decisions, though. She may just be posturing as a moderate voice while the party runs amok. At least she can say "hey, I didn't do that... I spoke out against that..."

Pelosi 2024?

Aug 3, 2010
In a cave outside of Whooville.
Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan...
Kinda reads like horseshit to me. Impeachment should come from something compelling and overwhelming no matter what. Saying you need that to keep it from being divisive is basically saying you don't have that now and still want impeachment without a good reason.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Isn't it hilarious the most divisive President in modern U.S history is the one guy who is doing everything he can to save it?

I could understand if there was a push to impeach George W Bush, because he started a war based on lies and it resulted in the same number of Americans killed as in the 9/11 attacks.

But Trump hasn't actually done anything that weakens the U.S. He won the election fair and square. Russia could not fake 62 million votes unless Putin is a god damn magician.

And yet these last 3 years, the media has been pushing "Orange Man Bad" "Orange Man is planted by Russia" "Orange Man puts kids in Cages".

What a shit show.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Kinda reads like horseshit to me. Impeachment should come from something compelling and overwhelming no matter what. Saying you need that to keep it from being divisive is basically saying you don't have that now and still want impeachment without a good reason.
ding ding winner winner chicken dinner.

Mueller isn't coming through and god knows how long this investigation is going to go on for. Everyone keeps telling me 2 years is short and something like this could take years, even a decade.

2020 is coming fast and they don't have any ammo from Mueller. They probably thought it was an open and shut case and Trump would be in jail by now.

But the new radical fringe doesn't care about that. Facts/Truth don't matter, emotion and morality do, and emotionally and morally they feel that Trump has got to go. So evidence doesn't matter only accusations do.

Aug 30, 2018
Isn't it hilarious the most divisive President in modern U.S history is the one guy who is doing everything he can to save it?

I could understand if there was a push to impeach George W Bush, because he started a war based on lies and it resulted in the same number of Americans killed as in the 9/11 attacks.

But Trump hasn't actually done anything that weakens the U.S. He won the election fairly. Russia could not fake 62 million votes unless Putin is a god damn magician.

And yet these last 3 years, the media has been pushing "Orange Man Bad" "Orange Man is planted by Russia" "Orange Man puts kids in Cages".

What a shit show.
I think it's because they started with the end goal in mind, impeach the President at all costs! Then when their inappropriate wide reaching investigations turned up nothing, they're flipping the script. Now they'll go back to President Trump is a doo doo head, and hope that's enough to get independents on their side.

Feb 27, 2018
Texas
This comment coupled with the recent sub investigations they're opening are essentially conceding Mueller has nothing. It's trying to save face after the fact. They've set a precedent for the next Dem president to be harassed and investigated for anything and everything and they're not going to like the outcome of what they started.

Apr 9, 2009
Theres no possibility that he could be impeached in this congress anyway. It would be impossible without senate republicans on board to not acquit Trump in the impeachment trial. So her stance on the matter is currently irrelevant one way or the other.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
It is code for "we don't actually have any hard evidence that is actionable in an impeachment."
She is right though, a failed impeachment would be taken as just political stunt and misuse of their house majority. It would be very divisive and would likely hurt the democratic party among the voters.

LMJ

Feb 7, 2019
Oh Skeletor, Who do you think you're kidding, if the opportunity presented itself you would have jumped on Trumps impeachment like a jackal, only reason she's saying this is because nothing is coming up through any of the investigation's :goog_rolleyes:

You know, the ones that they've been pushing at him his entire presidency

Sep 1, 2017
All of that impeachment talk was meant to fire up their base. Now that they have the House the people that elected them get to watch the show from the ‘cheap seats’ as @AOC so eloquently put it. The show is called ‘last verse same as the first’. They know Trump is going to win again in 2020 as none of their candidates have the balls to hang with troll master Trump. I’m just sitting back waiting for him to pull the next contender’s wings off during the campaign run.

Mar 3, 2010
Left room for the Mueller report, knows that impeachment without bipartisan support in the Senate is a losing proposition.

It's really the only move she can play at Present.

Apr 15, 2018
Bingo.

Her logic doesn't make sense. Trump has riled her base and energized Democrats. Wouldn't an impeachment do the exact same thing.

Unless of course they lose

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
Covering her butt like a pro, but her word doesn't mean much considering the ongoing investigations. She isn't the only one preparing for disappointment:

There will be no reckoning. Democrats/progressives are held to a different standard.

Omar makes blatant anti-Semitic remarks. Becomes a hero.
Remember the Virginia blackface governor....nothing happened to him. Still in office.
Virginia Lt governor accused by 2 women of sexual assault. Nothing happened. As if it never happened.

The media will memory hole Mueller and pretend it never happened. Disgusting people

Sep 4, 2018
He’s not worth it quite literally. The amount of money the media and political fundraisers are making off TDS is huge. They don’t want to really stop this gravy train.

Plus Dems are professional victims. They love being out of power and not having to do anything or make any promises. It’s really a win win

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
She is absolutely correct. Trump is not worth the trouble of Impeachment at the moment. Even if they could get it through the House the Senate would never follow through see as the GOP haold the majority and the GOP wouldn't vote to remove Trump even if he was convicted of murder. It would be a waste of time and resources. Not to mention that even IF we got rid of Trump then we would get stuck with Pence who is arguably worse than Trump in many areas, but is also smart enough to get his agenda done. Whereas Trump allows his ignorance and his ego to get in the way of his agenda.

Its easier for the Dems to just leave Trump where he is and let him continue to do damage to himself and the GOP.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2010
I think what she said is dumb. There's nothing upcoming that is going to reveal Pres. Trump is an enemy of his own country.

So, I'm not sure what she means by, "unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan". The fishing expedition is not going to tell the Democrats what they want to hear no matter how long they dig.

If Trump was a Democrat and the roles were reversed, then he probably would've impeached by the GOP a long time ago.

If Republicans felt they had evidence Pres. Trump was a Russian agent or a smoking gun was imminent, then they would've lit Trump and the Dems up all day long.

Democrats tend to do this weird thing where they try to cloud their risk aversion and label themselves "pragmatic." I've seen on TV pundits claim Pelosi is playing chess. However, when you see Pres. Trump beat Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders taking over the party with his ideas, I think you see they're really terrible at coping with uncertainty. If it doesn't meet the threshold of a "slam dunk" in their heads, then they fall apart.

It's pretty sad politically, but the conspiracy about Trump and the election doesn't hold up.

May 15, 2018
can i just say that i love trump dude is a fuckin pimp

She is absolutely correct. Trump is not worth the trouble of Impeachment at the moment. Even if they could get it through the House the Senate would never follow through see as the GOP haold the majority and the GOP wouldn't vote to remove Trump even if he was convicted of murder. It would be a waste of time and resources. Not to mention that even IF we got rid of Trump then we would get stuck with Pence who is arguably worse than Trump in many areas, but is also smart enough to get his agenda done. Whereas Trump allows his ignorance and his ego to get in the way of his agenda.

Its easier for the Dems to just leave Trump where he is and let him continue to do damage to himself and the GOP.
lmao what a fucking awful take on all of this. i dont think you believe the own vomit you spew

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
"He's just not worth it" seems like a very odd thing to say about something as serious as impeachment.

If you genuinely believe there has been conduct worthy of an impeachment process, then the 'value' of the perpetrator shouldn't matter.
What matters is the principle of the conduct and your principle of right and wrong.

"He's just not worth it" makes a mockery of such principles and reads as someone who abandons a game, claiming they never wanted to play, simply because it's not going the way they want.

Dec 3, 2013
"He's just not worth it" seems like a very odd thing to say about something as serious as impeachment.

If you genuinely believe there has been conduct worthy of an impeachment process, then the 'value' of the perpetrator shouldn't matter.
What matters is the principle of the conduct and your principle of right and wrong.

"He's just not worth it" makes a mockery of such principles and reads as someone who abandons a game, claiming they never wanted to play, simply because it's not going the way they want.
And she straight suckers voters every election process over and over. So what does that say as people that vote?

Nov 12, 2016
Imagine a president being so vile, corrupt, unethical, immoral, that they need to be impeached. However, it's not "worth it". Makes perfect sense, right?

It's just Democratic speak for Pelosi trying to fix this trainwreck of a party. Ok, all of our witch hunts have turned up nothing. Ok, he has made progress while we have flung poo. It's her basically saying it's time they develop an actual platform. Being anti-Trump is not a platform (legal) Americans will vote for.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018
I kinda lost respect for her when she after getting the house lost control of half the party in a matter of months to idiots, antisemitism and closet islamists be it illhan, Tlaib, keith Ellison or getting played by linda sarsours because of a shitty list its all the same to me.
I rather have her being in control instead of actual dangerous idiots, so if this is her starting to get control back, good for her.

May 20, 2007
That's possibly the most telling line I have heard from a politician in years. I wanna frame that shit and put it on my wall.

Orange Hitler ain't worth it. XD

May 9, 2016
a reasonable stance cloaked in more self obsessed bullshit from a failure party, who will continue their failure spree all the way until the next presidential election. I say this as someone who has always voted democrat.

Apr 15, 2018

🤣🤣🤣

This is amazing. Total fucking spin

May 22, 2018
Right, impeaching him was never a good idea, but floating the idea to rally your base.....

That was just a coincidence
It was a perfectly legitimate political strategy and its hardly the first time a politician or party has campaigned on something that was unlikely to ever happen. The Republicans do the same thing all the time. Its just how politics in the U.S. works.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
Bookmarking this "It's ok to smear people I don't agree with" comment.

It's fun to have you back @Nobody_Important. :messenger_blowing_kiss::messenger_ok:
Except thats not what I said at all. I said campaigning on something that is unlikely to happen (like impeachment) is a perfectly legitimate strategy. Nowhere did I ever say that its okay to smear people you don't agree with. You literally pulled that phrase out thin air and applied it to me.

Its fun to see you still try really hard and fail though :)(y)

Last edited: