Naoto Oshima (Sonic, Nights) designs [ugly] monsters for new Terra Battle daily quest

Jun 7, 2004
Those of you who play Terra Battle might remember that Naoto Oshima promised to design some new "colorful" monsters for the game when one of the Download Starter goals were met early on. His content is finally arriving in the game in the form of a new Daily Quest which is start it's rotation next Friday.

Those of you familiar with Oshima's past relationship with Mistwalker and Sakaguchi will also remember that he designed the characters for Away Shuffle Dungeon, and they looked pretty goofy. Well, it seems he has only gotten worse as time passed!

Behold, the HORROR! :)

http://www.4gamer.net/games/263/G026384/20150522056/

Jun 7, 2004
Time for some history lessons! :D

This is Oshima's old concept artwork for Sonic:

And this is his original design for Nights:

He did these designs for Mistwalker's Away Shuffle Dungeon:

He truly inspires us all. :)

Jun 23, 2010
Oman
I honestly don't see what's wrong with the design other than the color is drab? For lack of a better word. It's his art style and I like it.

i LOve the 90s cartoon charm in this =3

Mar 1, 2007
space

And this is his original design for Nights:

He did these designs for Mistwalker's Away Shuffle Dungeon:

He truly inspires us all. :)
I dunno, the Away Shuffle Dungeon ones don't look bad to me.

These new designs look like he's trying to imitate Uekawa's Sonic Adventure art, though.

orioto

Good Art™
Mar 10, 2005
Paris
www.facebook.com
The way japanese devs and vets videogame artists there just stick together in that sinking ship. It's somewhat moving yet a little sad... It's not super far from looking like some kind of old wrestler reunion in a supermarket or something..

I mean, terra battle is a great game at least!

Jun 7, 2004
Will the upcoming story text also be on par with sonic fanfics
I've only done the first mission in chapter 31 so far, but it seems pretty interesting. You get teleported to an alien planet and the first mission is a single battle against a pretty tough giant Antlion boss.

Sakaguchi said that for the new chapters expect more variety and a "Star Trek" style direction for the story. Whatever that means. Hopefully they'll release new chapters more frequently now that they finally started with Part 2.