• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Over a year and a half since Naruto went into filler hell, we finally get the second part of Naruto, animated! Doesn't seem like they're going to touch the Kakashi Gaiden though, but hopefully they do it sometime down the line, or perhaps as a full-fledged movie? That would be awesome.

Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles
Time: Every Thursday at 7pm
Channel: TV Tokyo (Usually Channel 12)

4i1klqd.jpg

30szw49.jpg

2cymbt3.jpg

Can't wait to see the Akatsuki and Gaara animated again!

I stopped watching when the fillers made their entrance, but I really want to watch Naruto again, it has always been an entertaining show. One question though, wtf happened to Sasuke? I kinda missed that I guess...

Sai

Reno said:
Doesn't seem like they're going to touch the Kakashi Gaiden though, but hopefully they do it sometime down the line, or perhaps as a full-fledged movie? That would be awesome.
That's what I'm hopin' for. :)

I actually stopped watching the Naruto anime regularly right after the Tsunade arc. Watched a few episodes here and there during the Rescue Sasuke arc and gave up almost entirely after episode 134.

Lookin' foward to some of those Part 2 fights given the 133 treatment.

I cant wait thursday (actually friday, but yeah), I havent watched the Naruto anime in a long time and some fights from the manga will be awsome when animated

joshschw

they didn't go about the filler stuff very smartly, that's for sure, they should have done some BEFORE Sasuke left, I'm sure that would have given them something more to work with.

joshschw said:
they didn't go about the filler stuff very smartly, that's for sure, they should have done some BEFORE Sasuke left, I'm sure that would have given them something more to work with.

it took two years to share this with us?
We have been bitching for over two years lets move on and hope they can get this series back on track :)

Ark-AMN

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
So I'm guessing it'll take them about three maybe four weeks to catch up to the manga.
Lol, huh? They're airing one episode a week last I checked right? Looking at the episodes already listed, in four weeks, we'll be in the middle of the
Gaara Vs. Deidara battle
. And I think if Studio Peirrot is smart, they'll add filler into the manga rather than completely making up filler for nothing, which is why the filler arcs all sucked so much.

scarybore

Smiles and Cries said:

She is the only one I wouldn't miss :p Thank god she got a much better hairdo this time round, she looked really bad before.

And I think if Studio Peirrot is smart, they'll add filler into the manga rather than completely making up filler for nothing, which is why the filler arcs all sucked so much.

I presume you mean "add filler into the manga based scenes" which since they did it with the first series, I will imagine they will do so again. It's certainly the right way to go and there are quite a few places I can think of already where some lite filler will pop up just to drag the material on slightly longer, such as
the second bell test, Deidara's battle with Gaara (can't wait to see Deidara :p), Sasori against Kankurou, Itachi against Team Kakashi, Kisame vs Team Gai, Team Gai against their clones, Sasori flashbacks :(. List goes on forever when you think about it. :lol
Should be little need for original filler unless the anime team ****s up really bad.

Anyone know if they're changing the voices?

I dunno, but Naruto sounded the same as before but slightly deeper in the trailers so I think his voice actor is the same. I don't see any stand out reason for the characters voices actors to change, I'm sure someone better informed will answer this soon enough.

On a lesser not, I'm kind of surprised at how spoilerific this thread is, even if it is quite minor character based ones. I'll just put it down to excitement :)

Kreed

Son of Godzilla said:
So I'm guessing it'll take them about three maybe four weeks to catch up to the manga.

:lol If this were possible the filler would be going on for another 2 years. The reason they've stopped is because manga has built up almost two years of material. They aren't even going to cover a fourth of that in 3-4 weeks. I'm guessing it'll take around a year for the anime to get close to the manga again (unlike Bleach, which will likely have to re-enter filler status in 6 months).

Hopefully, they'll mix in filler with manga material like Ark-AMN suggested and not rush through fights/manga material like they did with Naruto vs Sasuke.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
The crazy thing is that manga has slowed down so much that it might not take that long for the anime to catch up. Unless they DBZ the fights....ugh.

Rorschach

Doc Holliday said:
The crazy thing is that manga has slowed down so much that it might not take that long for the anime to catch up. Unless they DBZ the fights....ugh.
Yeah. :(

Especially if they're skipping stuff.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Smiles and Cries said:
she's the only one I miss :(

Vol34Hinata.png

Yep! And she might as well be dead in the manga. In fact, all of the *good* characters sans Shikkamaru might as well be dead in the manga. Damn shame. Hinata has awesome potential as a fighter/character. Would like to see it realized. Oh well.

Kintaro said:
Yep! And she might as well be dead in the manga. In fact, all of the *good* characters sans Shikkamaru might as well be dead in the manga. Damn shame. Hinata has awesome potential as a fighter/character. Would like to see it realized. Oh well.

I think the manga-ka dude just dropped the whole romantic angle thing
Naruto seems to have the hots for only Sasuke

I loved Hinata's crush on Naruto and even at part two they are only 15 years old
so I don't understand why they are not exploring to lighter side of the character developments

Ark-AMN

Banned
Well, to be fair, Hinata's team itself has been completely ignored in Part II. Though, some say that it'll soon be time to get more of her and her team because they've already done stuff with Team Gai and Team Asuma, so Team Kurenai should have the spotlight soon, hopefully.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rorschach said:
Yeah. :(

Especially if they're skipping stuff.
I really think they're planning on working Kakashi Gaiden in as some flashback or something somewhere where it's more integrated into the flow of the plot, rather than just stopping the series, doing the sidestory, and then restarting the story again.

empanada

Ark-AMN said:
Well, to be fair, Hinata's team itself has been completely ignored in Part II. Though, some say that it'll soon be time to get more of her and her team because they've already done stuff with Team Gai and Team Asuma, so Team Kurenai should have the spotlight soon, hopefully.
You'd think she'd want to be involved in
coming after Akatsuki and getting revenge for killing Asuma....

It does seem that Kishimoto has lost control of his own manga. It's one of the pitfalls of having so many characters with each of their own stories to tell.

Right now, Bleach manga is much much more interesting than Naruto. Anyway, Part 2 is finally here! :D

7Th

empanada said:
Right now, Bleach manga is much much more interesting than Naruto. Anyway, Part 2 is finally here! :D

Both have degenerated a lot, or maybe I have just out-grown them.

Crab Shaker

Doesn't pay his sources
I'm sorry, but the fillers have killed the show for me. They were such an atrocity it's not even funny anymore. Especially since they're apparently skipping the kakashi gaiden...wow we just saved gaara
let's go do it again!
On top of all that, there isn't very much left to look forward to in the manga, at least not in terms of naruto
what, a bigger rasengan? yay for clones that just pop and are useless and a move that requires you to get really close and use little to no strategy at all!

[/bitter rant induced by filler]

Oichi

Holy ****

Watching the first episode of Naruto part 2 now...

I don't know if it's a mistake by the TV station or not, but before the opening credits, they showed
Naruto and Sasuke's confrontation, as well as Sasuke's confrontation with the Kyuubi. What the ****?!

The first episode is pretty ****ing weird. They have the old and new characters together, having conversationsa nd stuff. It's totally weird, but I guess it makes for a good first episode since it's all pretty funny and there's lots of extra footage that's notin the manga. For example, they show some
comedic scenes of Sakura's training with Tsunade

So far the first episode is totally different from the manga...
Naruto hasn't even met Kakashi yet but he's with Sakura and Tsunade in the Hokage's office... and Shikamaru and Tenmari just walked in. The conversations are the same but the settings are totally different

Shikamaru looks awesome in the anime, as usual.

Complete episode thoughts
That was absolute shit!
The episode left off with Naruto and Sakura beginning their battle with Kakashi for the bells, and the Akatsuki heading towards the Hidden Sand. What the hell?! They're already going way too god damn fast! Take things one at a time, god damnit.
The animation wasn't that great, especially for a "new series" premiere.. I was hoping for something a lot better, all things considering.

scarybore

Reno said:
Holy ****

I don't know if it's a mistake by the TV station or not, but before the opening credits, they showed
Naruto and Sasuke's confrontation, as well as Sasuke's confrontation with the Kyuubi. What the ****?!

The first episode is pretty ****ing weird. They have the old and new characters together, having conversationsa nd stuff. It's totally weird, but I guess it makes for a good first episode since it's all pretty funny and there's lots of extra footage that's notin the manga. For example, they show some

Naruto hasn't even met Kakashi yet but he's with Sakura and Tsunade in the Hokage's office... and Shikamaru and Tenmari just walked in. The conversations are the same but the settings are totally different

That was absolute shit!
The episode left off with Naruto and Sakura beginning their battle with Kakashi for the bells, and the Akatsuki heading towards the Hidden Sand. What the hell?! They're already going way too god damn fast! Take things one at a time, god damnit.
The animation wasn't that great, especially for a "new series" premiere.. I was hoping for something a lot better, all things considering.

I just watched the first 8 or so minutes, and I like you are wondering what the hell the anime team is smoking. It makes no sense to show what the just did so early,
showing Sai finding Sasuke yet they don't show Yamato face, and then they just go and show Naruto conversing with Kyuubi before Sasuke pops in for a chat as well.
There is no need to show this now, I imagine it's to get people pumped up but it is full of so many reckless spoilers. I ain't looking forward to the rest of the episode if what you say is true.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Watched it, I liked it. I don't see the hate in terms of spoilers. Just a few brief shots of Sasuke, nothing really too revealing. And come on, they had to show Sasuke just cause he's so damn popular.

Oh well, I hope the animation will be better when the Deidara fight comes along. His hands do look quite freaky in animation, heh.

Bebpo

Banned
I stopped reading the manga during this arc, it was so bad. Only other jump series I dropped was Hunter x Hunter towards the end when it was in bad sketch-land. :(

Kusagari

Reno said:
Holy ****

That was absolute shit!

It was obviously just fanservice for Japan since their in love with Sasuke. The thing I don't get is why the animation for that was so amazing well the actual episode was just meh. Such a downer.

Oichi

Ark-AMN said:
Watched it, I liked it. I don't see the hate in terms of spoilers. Just a few brief shots of Sasuke, nothing really too revealing. And come on, they had to show Sasuke just cause he's so damn popular.

Oh well, I hope the animation will be better when the Deidara fight comes along. His hands do look quite freaky in animation, heh.

Uh, that was freaking 8 minutes long! And totally unnecessary. They build up all that crap about Sasuke in the manga and it was pretty much ****ed in the anime because of that stupid preview. And honestly, they didn't have to show anything on Sasuke in the first episode. It would've been a lot better if they had actually concentrated on, you know, actually making the animation good. :p

Hero

There is clearly a difference between the filler animation and the animation for the episode. The 8 minute sequence was VERY high quality. Would you really want them to waste their budget doing high quality animation where the characters don't fight or anything?

Now, on the other hand, if the upcoming battles aren't extremely well done, then I'll be upset.

DSN2K

wow im impressed, the love their new looks and music is exceptional, production value has gone up for me hopefully it holds up well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom