Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hating this, "2 minutes of an episode, 18 minutes of flash back to shit we flash backed last episode and the episode before that, and we've flashed back to this shit at least 10+ times in previous episodes throughout the show."

It's the most lazy and fuck awful way of trying to produce content. If you don't have anything to show, then just mash a few episodes together and cut out the flash back shit. :/
 
alright, so...i blazed through volume 1, and am now at ep 32
(just finished the rescue gara arc, touching stuff)
, had a few quick questions:

1) I used this page to avoid fillers in the first volume, and it was mostly right, but missed a few at the end - does the list look accurate by you guys, for shippuden?

2) not to cross the streams, but...at what point can i play Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 or 2? i heard i shoudlnt touch the latter till past the "pain" arc.

i know im crazy late to the party, trying to avoid spoilers as i go.

ps kakashi and shikimaru are the best. im also pleased that sakura is no longer a useless cheerleader, with the ninja ability to spontaneously cry whenever.
 
IrishNinja said:
alright, so...i blazed through volume 1, and am now at ep 32
(just finished the rescue gara arc, touching stuff)
, had a few quick questions:

1) I used this page to avoid fillers in the first volume, and it was mostly right, but missed a few at the end - does the list look accurate by you guys, for shippuden?

2) not to cross the streams, but...at what point can i play Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 or 2? i heard i shoudlnt touch the latter till past the "pain" arc.

i know im crazy late to the party, trying to avoid spoilers as i go.

ps kakashi and shikimaru are the best. im also pleased that sakura is no longer a useless cheerleader, with the ninja ability to spontaneously cry whenever.
You can go ahead and play Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 since it covered everything pre Shippuden. You can play Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 once you get through ep 175.
 

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
IrishNinja said:
alright, so...i blazed through volume 1, and am now at ep 32
(just finished the rescue gara arc, touching stuff)
, had a few quick questions:

1) I used this page to avoid fillers in the first volume, and it was mostly right, but missed a few at the end - does the list look accurate by you guys, for shippuden?

2) not to cross the streams, but...at what point can i play Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 or 2? i heard i shoudlnt touch the latter till past the "pain" arc.

i know im crazy late to the party, trying to avoid spoilers as i go.

ps kakashi and shikimaru are the best. im also pleased that sakura is no longer a useless cheerleader, with the ninja ability to spontaneously cry whenever.
http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/general-anime-discussion/24458-anime-filler-guide.html
 
Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to watch the show or even read the manga.

From the posts I've been reading, is it safe to say the episodes aren't worth my time? =\
 
Gui_PT said:
Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to watch the show or even read the manga.

From the posts I've been reading, is it safe to say the episodes aren't worth my time? =\
Even if they did the flashback sequences, we're spoiled enough to be able to fast forward past that (imagine if we were legitly watching it back in Japan on TV!). And Naruto's known for flashbacks - if u skip past those parts, the rest of this episode was pretty powerful since Naruto and Sasuke finally talk to each other.

Edit: Actually, the talk begins the episode before lol.
 
Cloudy said:
In ep 216, they show that and flash to
a sharingan eye floating in water
and you make the connection. I guess it's supposed to be a fan but the colors aren't a mistake
If it didn't have that handle, I could see it as an eye with the red part being the eyelid but it doesn't look like the sharingan.
 
slade said:
If it didn't have that handle, I could see it as an eye with the red part being the eyelid but it doesn't look like the sharingan.
Have you watched ep 216?
The white part is the dangling eyeball out of the socket
. The red part is the cornea
 
Cloudy said:
Have you watched ep 216?
The white part is the dangling eyeball out of the socket
. The red part is the cornea
Yeah, it's the opening scene of the episode too. I watched it and realized, yeah, it looks like the eye except that the black line seperating the red and white should maybe be curved upwards instead of down. It doesn't have any of the distinguishing characteristics of the sharingan either. Also, I think I do remember Sasuke's father mentioning in the anime that their symbol was the fan because of their fire technique.
 
Desmond said:
No actually further ahead. Everyone's gone home in preparation for the war. Kisame has managed to infiltrate the Cloud.
Oh, Naruto is about to begin or has started his training then. Didn't see Alien Swoon that Sakura was saved so didn't think it got past that part.
 
at least the manga is picking up now. I am very excited to see the stuff animated. Hopefully it will be as good as the Invasion of Konoha arc was on screen.
 

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Credo said:
It's both a fan and a sharingan. Kishimoto is far beyond us peons with his multi-layered genius.
/sarc
It's an uchiwa...a traditional non-folding fan used to fan flames and forges.



"Uchiha" is an alternate pronouncation of "uchiwa."
 
Episode 218

I think the part at the start with Tenga and the fuedal lords was the only canon in the episode. The filler seens weren't bad, they're building up stuff which will come up later (e.g mist soldiers not happy with stone soldiers) which is ok. The Mizukages puns don't translate well to english unfortunately. I liked the stuff with Konohamaru, Moegi and Udon. What was up with Naruto's smirk at the end?
 
This weeks episode was actually alright. Out of curiosity: The hell is up with the Mizukage? Is she crazy or am I missing something? Was loving all the new moves that Naruto was showing off in the manga.
 
Krispy said:
This weeks episode was actually alright. Out of curiosity: The hell is up with the Mizukage? Is she crazy or am I missing something? Was loving all the new moves that Naruto was showing off in the manga.
She mishears things as something to do with marriage which annoys her I guess.
 

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
spiderman123 said:
Kick that cry baby's ass Naruto. God I hate Sasuke. Wa Wa my clan, wa wa my brother. You killed him you idiot.
What's worse: Having your family killed at age 8 or having a "friend" who doesn't even like you leave you behind to go do his own thing.

Because Naruto cries about the Sauce more than Sauce cries about his fam.
 
Wow finally made it through episode 66-77. Naruto was so amazing in it with splitting the waterfall to prepare for the mastery of his new Wind element combined with the Rasengan. I had a huge grin on my face the whole time. Yamato is also quite underrated with his ability to halt the nine tails cloak release as well as well as erecting that waterfall.

The Ichiraku Ramen Dipping Noodles filler was so random, yet a hilarious filler.

Lastly, it is shocking that Izumu and Kotetsu are still Chunin. They were Chunin in part 1 and are still the same rank, its just odd considering that Shikamaru is their rank to and theyve not advanced. Hidan is definitely an underrated Akatsuki, though, of course the dvd release ended on when he had Asuma's blood on his weapon
 
Dedication Through Light said:
Wow finally made it through episode 66-77. Naruto was so amazing in it with splitting the waterfall to prepare for the mastery of his new Wind element combined with the Rasengan. I had a huge grin on my face the whole time. Yamato is also quite underrated with his ability to halt the nine tails cloak release as well as well as erecting that waterfall.

The Ichiraku Ramen Dipping Noodles filler was so random, yet a hilarious filler.

Lastly, it is shocking that Izumu and Kotetsu are still Chunin. They were Chunin in part 1 and are still the same rank, its just odd considering that Shikamaru is their rank
to and theyve not advanced. Hidan is definitely an underrated Akatsuki, though, of course the dvd release ended on when he had Asuma's blood on his weapon
you got to be super well rounded to be jounin, they're just some average ass chunin. Excelling in one thing like Shikamaru being intelligent but being a cruddy fighter will keep you at the average rank.
 
episode 219

Guy vs Kakashi filler was good, though there was still manga covered in the episode. I like the way they wouldn't tell us whether Kakashi would've been the 6th/7th Hokage. I prefer the art style used in this episode, though naruto's eyes were bigger (or a smaller head).

Didn't like the new ending theme at all. It sucked
 
Got the boxset for Shippuden 7 so I was able to finish episodes 78-88. Im starting to think that the Shadow jutsu employed by Shikamaru is rather overpowered, a simple Chuunin versus an Akatsuki and triumphing, nice. Episode 88 was one of the most fantastic in the series. I think RasenShurikan looked better in the Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 game...however, something about seeing it in the anime just looked godly epic. I hope it gets a chance to shine in filler episodes. Naruto really matured and such too which made it a great episode as well.
 
abstract alien said:
No new naruto this week I take it :^/
Nope. I don't know the reason for the delay, but there will be two episodes next week to make up for it.

On a side note, is the main story ever going to be completely stopped so that a filler arc can be inserted, or are the majority of the new episodes going to be half filler and half canon like the last few?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.