• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combine

Banned
Beautiful

iv0hIvBYHMGtb.gif
Always incredibly satisfying to see Tobi get owned, and so stylishly too. :D

Yeah, it was a beautifully drawn double episode, and probably the best "two-parter" in the series.

Though, in retrospect it makes the Third Hokage into a real dick. Not only did he never tell Naruto about his wonderful parents at all (though that can also be thrown at Jiraiya and Tsunade), he allowed Naruto to suffer through his whole childhood. Add to that the whole Uchiha screw up which ruined Sasuke and Itachi's lives. Well, not such a great man.

Tritroid

Though, in retrospect it makes the Third Hokage into a real dick. Not only did he never tell Naruto about his wonderful parents at all (though that can also be thrown at Jiraiya and Tsunade), he allowed Naruto to suffer through his whole childhood. Add to that the whole Uchiha screw up which ruined Sasuke and Itachi's lives. Well, not such a great man.

Yeah...although wasn't there a reason all of them were keeping the fact that he was the son of the 4th a secret? I can't really remember why, but I feel like they said somewhere there was a reason for keeping it hush hush.

Majine

Banned
Yeah...although wasn't there a reason all of them were keeping the fact that he was the son of the 4th a secret? I can't really remember why, but I feel like they said somewhere there was a reason for keeping it hush hush.

Yondaime supposedly had many enemies, so they saw fit to keep Naruto's heritage a secret.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
didn't they say that his marriage and her being pregnant was kept a secret as well?

Askani

I'm trying to get caught up so I can watch these weekly. Earlier this week I finally finished the Bubbles McStupidNinja arc. Now I'm sucking up as much of the Naruto/Pain fight as fast as I can. Really digging it so far.

Combine

Banned
Looking even more forward to these upcoming episodes:
#252 - "The Angel of Death" (3/1)

Script: Chiba Katsuhiko (千葉克彦)
Storyboard: Date Hayato (伊達勇登)
Episode director: Date Hayato (伊達勇登)
Animation director: Yamashita Hiroyuki (山下宏幸)

#253 - "The Bridge to Peace" (3/8)

Script: Chiba Katsuhiko (千葉克彦)
Storyboard: Unknown
Episode director: Onoda Yusuke (小野田雄亮)
Animation director: Sugai Yoshihiro (菅井嘉浩)
Just FYI the AD for 252, Hiroyuki Yamashita, is the same guy who just did the first episode of the double special (Kyuubi and Minato/Tobi fight), so that's going to be awesome (plus Hayato Date is actually going to direct it, which is rare).

The AD for 253 hasn't been given that role before, but he's Storyboarded and Directed episodes done by good people.

Even though this was suppose to be emotional... I'm pretty sure anyone that isn't naruto would be somewhat pissed about the whole 'place all our burdens on our kid'. Kinda like Hayate combat butler =(

Combine

Banned
Yeah, the special stylized Kyuubi destruction sequence was really neat
Wjv8n.gif

And again, love Tobi getting owned (the bit with his hand falling apart is neat)
HJRyJ.gif

Damn, this double was awesome! Wasn't the Kakashi/Pain fight a double as well? I LOVED the animations on that one during the fights, probably more than any other ep. This double was super nice too though.

Combine

Banned
Damn, this double was awesome! Wasn't the Kakashi/Pain fight a double as well? I LOVED the animations on that one during the fights, probably more than any other ep. This double was super nice too though.
No, that was only a single episode (that just happened to cover a lot of chapters). Incidentally, the AD for ep 253 is going to be one of the guys who helped with the Kakashi/Pain ep.

tri_willy

Wow, amazing episodes...so sad. :( Especially the very end.

Also does a great job of showing just how fucking powerful Minato really was. The guy sets up a teleportation jutsu and a one-handed medium sized rasengan all in a matter of seconds, good god.

if it werent for the bs attacks naruto and sasuke have used, minato would have looked even more badass

I'm trying to get caught up so I can watch these weekly. Earlier this week I finally finished the Bubbles McStupidNinja arc. Now I'm sucking up as much of the Naruto/Pain fight as fast as I can. Really digging it so far.

Lmao, that was filler I believe. there is more filler coming up after the pain segments as well. just skip over it. The filler eps are numbered a few pages back.

No, that was only a single episode (that just happened to cover a lot of chapters). Incidentally, the AD for ep 253 is going to be one of the guys who helped with the Kakashi/Pain ep.

I must try not to get too excited, but damn, this is music to my ears.

if it werent for the bs attacks naruto and sasuke have used, minato would have looked even more badass

I've always thought it was a way to show just how large the gap was in skill level. Just seeing him do the Rasengan with no real background of how difficult the move is wouldn't have meant as much. I think actually having Naruto and Perv Hermit chronicalize how much technique is needed to pull it off, then seeing Minato do it utterly effortlessly on such a large scale is the reason we know why it's badass. Other moves like teleportation don't really need such an explanation to know why it's so good.

Though I still want to know where the hell Kakashi transports stuff when he does his version. I've always though we would see Mandara walking around in the alternate dimension and stumble upon Clay Bomb Guy's arm lol

Tritroid

Though I still want to know where the hell Kakashi transports stuff when he does his version. I've always though we would see Mandara walking around in the alternate dimension and stumble upon Clay Bomb Guy's arm lol

Oh hey wait a minute, doesn't the fact that Kakashi and Tobi having the same suck-in transport abilities (Kakashi's being mangekyo sharingan, but we never see Tobi activate his I think) pretty much mean...that Kakashi and this Tobi are sharing the same eye set?

We already know that Tobi isn't Madara, so wouldn't that pretty much confirm that Tobi should still possibly be Obito (groan, old rumor I know) or at least has his other eye?

So how does Tobi get legitimately owned liked that and still walk away like nothing happened? I mean he god a huge rasengan slammed directly on his back and a kunai thrust deeply into his abdomen and he still wisks off like a smarmy jerk.

tenchir

Yondaime supposedly had many enemies, so they saw fit to keep Naruto's heritage a secret.

The third himself could have adopted Naruto or had a caring couple look after him instead of just leaving him to fend for himself. There's no way that he couldn't know about social hostilities Naruto suffered, that's just willful negligence on his part.

Combine

Banned
Sad thing is Minato's Rasengan to Tobi is more epic than all of Naruto's Rasengans to Pain combined (and he used a lot of them). Minato's was just animated so well that you can clearly see the force and impact of the blast, where as Naruto's were just simple movements without any weight behind them and they lacked any punch at all.

One thing I'm curious about is what Naruto is planning to do with Nine Tails later on after he deals with all the immediate enemies. The way he apologized saying, "Im sorry, but just give me a bit longer"(or something to that extent) was a bit telling. Almost like he was sorry for yanking its chakra and wanted to set him free later or something...

Echoplx

One thing that's been bothering me is when Naruto reseals the Kyuubi (after pwning it) What's with that comment the Kyuubi makes about the Rikudou? Also when Naruto is in Kyuubi-chakra mode he has the same symbols around his neck..

Is this something we see more on later? (Just say yes or no :p )

Majine

Banned
One thing that's been bothering me is when Naruto reseals the Kyuubi (after pwning it) What's with that comment the Kyuubi makes about the Rikudou? Also when Naruto is in Kyuubi-chakra mode he has the same symbols around his neck..

Yes.

A bit unrelated to your post, but the very first thought I had when I saw the markings was, "Is this fucking Bleach or what...". Not in a negative way, but it just really looks like something from that side of the tracks and caught me off guard.

Wow I'm really emotional, such fantastic episodes. The whole story, just been waiting so long to see it (I don't read the manga). Really amazing stuff.

So awesome and so sad at the same time. :( My GF couldn't stop leaking tears.

Give me a Kushina and Minato's adventures show, I'd be all over it. <3

Me and my brother have always have this debate, I say it was always Jiraiya's intention to take over once Naruto had grown older sorta thing and it was the 3rd who really neglected him for all that time lol. Like yeah he always watched over him from the shadows but it seems child depression was fine just as long as he wasn't getting kidnapped or something. :\ Asuma turned out ok so who knows. *shrugs*

At least they spared us from seeing Jiraiya learning of their deaths, that would have been even worse I suspect. :'(

Wish Naruto would put his coat back on. Looks damn awesome and its a tribute!

<- sorry my thoughts are a bit all over the place, taking in the episodes mentally still lol.

Damn. I shed tears for Naruto! This anime is so damn inconsistent. There are these brilliant episodes and then we have those boring fests like Gaara's rescue arc (not to mention those billion fillers... I skip all the fillers nowadays though).

mizuk_i

Oh wow that was really well done i even got misty eyed.

Just wish the Naruto vs Pain was done with this kind of quality still pisses me off how they ruined the best part of the manga.

What an AMAZING episode!

Two questions tho; Do we know what Tobi is made out of? After he got hit by Minato he looked like he was melting. Also Minato says he sealed some of his chakra in Naruto as well. How come he didn't appear to him too?

I liked episode 248 the most with it consistent amazing animation and style (gotta love the nine tails rampage). Probably my favourite episode of the Shippuden series. Been waiting a long time for them to show how bad ass Minato was.
Unfortunately I didn't enjoy 249 as much but it was a real tear jerker and I always wanted to know how it happened.

ghstwrld

It's in episode 167. Naruto's trapped in Pain's moon ball attack, and the Kyubi's overwhelming him. Just before Kyubi's totally unsealed, Minato appears and stops it.

As for your other question, Tobi's some kind of chimera. We know some of his parts are from the Uchiha, Zetsu
/the First Hokage, and Nagato.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
When they showed Sarutobi sensing something was wrong, did he say a name? I didn't remember or recognize it.

Combine

Banned
What an AMAZING episode!

Two questions tho; Do we know what Tobi is made out of? After he got hit by Minato he looked like he was melting. Also Minato says he sealed some of his chakra in Naruto as well. How come he didn't appear to him too?
No one really knows what Tobi is made out of. Because he melts with some white looking goop people theorize he's some kind of a Zetsu. However it has never been specifically stated just what that goop really is. Also it looked like there was blood mixed in with the goop when his hand fell off.

And yeah, Minato already appeared before Naruto during the Pain battle.

Combine

Banned
thanks, why would he mention her? Has she been shown before?
She was the one in charge of assisting Kushina give birth. And Tobi killed her.

Though I don't think she has been seen before, but that was because she died during this time which hasn't been elaborated upon until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom