• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nascar push Bubba Wallace car

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

Someone has to explain this to me? Whats the symbolism of them all pushing his car? I dont get it?

I get he is half but he looks pretty white to me. Maybe its just the lighting

Oct 26, 2018
So Bubba Wallace had a noose in his garage, but because he's half Black it's not so bad anymore and liberals don't know what to do because condemning a noose and half Black guy at the same time contradict each other.

Am I understanding this right?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: MetalAlien

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Given the price of those machines, and the security surrounding them, there is no way in hell some random asshole managed to get into that garage to set up a noose unseen.
It's generally believed at this point whoever it was got themselves caught on video. But since the FBI is involved we may not know who it was for a bit. So it could have been some racist piece of shit who didn't realize just how many cameras are in a place like that. But it also could have been a member of NASCAR or even Bubba's own team trying to get a Jussie style PR stunt going. Either way with how heavily monitored those tracks and those pit areas are there is no way they got in and out unseen. It's just a matter of who, when, and why.

It's why I'm withholding my opinion on the subject.

x1

teacupcopter

Sep 1, 2005
Some pretty fucking gross comments here. If this is true what happened to him is really bad and borderline a death threat.

Especially this cunt-

They are pushing him back to the noose maybe? I dunno.
fuck off with this stuff. You want to know why people think racism is tolerated and this board is a cesspit of cuckservative incels? This shit is why.

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
Some pretty fucking gross comments here. If this is true what happened to him is really bad and borderline a death threat.

Especially this cunt-

fuck off with this stuff. You want to know why people think racism is tolerated and this board is a cesspit of cuckservative incels? This shit is why.
Tell me more about everything wrong with this board in an aggressive and overly sensitive tone. Please, don't let us stop you over exaggerating without the fact. Gross, yikes, literal death threat, racist, incel, cuckservative.

teacupcopter

Sep 1, 2005
Tell me more about everything wrong with this board in an aggressive and overly sensitive tone. Please, don't let us stop you over exaggerating without the fact. Gross, yikes, literal death threat, racist, incel, cuckservative.
when it walks like a cunt, talks like a cunt...

And tell me more about how a black guy finding a noose in the most redneck sport in America isn’t a death threat.

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
when it walks like a cunt, talks like a cunt...

And tell me more about how a black guy finding a noose in the most redneck sport in America isn’t a death threat.
Mods halp

You mean like that training 'noose' that those two black fellas used to train on, that was removed because other people got offended for them?

In the same way that me finding a knife in my kitchen, isn't a death threat.

But don't let me stop you from jumping to conclusions because there's never been a logical, rational explanation for these events and none of them have ever been staged, no sir, never.

Mar 14, 2018
But it also could have been a member of NASCAR or even Bubba's own team trying to get a Jussie style PR stunt going. Either way with how heavily monitored those tracks and those pit areas are there is no way they got in and out unseen. It's just a matter of who, when, and why.

bruh I am SO proud of u RN :')

this is genuine progress

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Tldr: video from 2017 shows they have 'nooses' [also known as handles] on many garage doors as 'pulls' to close the door [supposedly including Bubba's]. Some shown are old and frayed. Theory is, one may have simply been discarded and thrown somewhere in the room, absolutely unnoticed until this hysteria.

Just a theory at this point, but makes far more sense than an actual noose.

EDITED TO ADD:

Actually, this is it. They added photos from November and now.

Someone cut the 'noose' down [possibly because it looked to much like a noose, or maybe it just broke], and likely threw it in the garage as trash. Then it sat there till now, and one of Bubba's crew found it and thought it was a noose.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

Tldr: video from 2017 shows they have 'nooses' [also known as handles] on many garage doors as 'pulls' to close the door [supposedly including Bubba's]. Some shown are old and frayed. Theory is, one may have simply been discarded and thrown somewhere in the room, absolutely unnoticed until this hysteria.

EDITED TO ADD:

Someone cut the 'noose' down [possibly because it looked to much like a noose, or maybe it just broke], and likely threw it in the garage as trash. Then it sat there till now, and one of Bubba's crew found it and thought it was a noose.

Seems pretty convincing and makes more sense then some rando racist throwing a noose at this white mans garage.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
It's generally believed at this point whoever it was got themselves caught on video. But since the FBI is involved we may not know who it was for a bit. So it could have been some racist piece of shit who didn't realize just how many cameras are in a place like that. But it also could have been a member of NASCAR or even Bubba's own team trying to get a Jussie style PR stunt going. Either way with how heavily monitored those tracks and those pit areas are there is no way they got in and out unseen. It's just a matter of who, when, and why.

diffusionx

Feb 25, 2006
Remember when LeBron James' house was spray painted with a racial slur? Did they ever find the person who did that? Kind of weird that a world famous black athlete's house, in one of the richest parts of Los Angeles, would get vandalized with racist graffiti, and then the story would just disappear.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018

EDITED TO ADD:

"No you fucking incel. This is a death threat. God, why can't you conservatards just believe everything we tell you like good sheep."

T teacupcopter maybe you should calm your tits. Just because you want something to be true doesn't mean it is.

EHuntingon

Gold Member
Jul 30, 2013
I don't get NASCAR. Why are they alienating their current audience? There's no way the noose story is real. The confederate flag "scandal" is equally ridiculous. They're really suggesting that NASCAR fans are racist, and so they all need to change? There's no market out in the cities or universities for NASCAR. The woke crowd is not going to support it, or pay for it.

Geez, way to accelerate your demise.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
What you dont think the urban community is going to flip to Nascar en masse to watch the great Half black but whiter than shaun king Bubba Wallace ? Hes the Tiger Woods of Nascar now apperantly.

Nascar was just afraid of being cancelled so they grovelled. They have enough popularity proplems anyways its not the 90a early 2ks anymore barely any white people care about Nascar let alone black people.

clem84

Dec 11, 2011

EDITED TO ADD:

Since yesterday when I heard it, this story has seemed very strange to me. Would somebody really do this kind of thing now during this unprecedented, racially tense moment in America's history? I was getting a really big 'Jussie Smollett' vibe from it. This article points to basically being something random, that stands out now because of recent events. As others have said, too soon to tell. Will wait until I hear more to pass judgment.

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoadam

betrayal

Feb 2, 2018
Whether it was a joke or not, whether it was a noose or not. It doesn't matter if the noose was deliberate or if it was a joke. It doesn't even matter if it was just a rope that happened to look funny. It wouldn't even matter if it was a Jussie Smolett action. Making a stand against such things is always right, though.
99.9% would immediately condemn such things as they happened here, no matter what party you belong to or what your views are.
The dangerous thing is that such things are always politically charged. People are too stupid to differentiate but too strong in generalizing. If there really is a racist background, then there is a brutally overwhelming majority in the USA who would support the victim. If such a perpetrator were known, he would not only be accused and convicted, but also despised by 99.9% of the population for this act of stupidity.

I simply cannot understand how a few can create such an oversized artificial concept of the enemy that does not even exist and at the same time accuse hundreds of millions of people for something that they themselves condemn. America, and the world as a whole, has become fairer and better for all people in the last decades. But suddenly old and for many long forgotten artificial enemy images and "good" vs. "evil" comparisons were summoned up like it is 1943 again and people fell for it...again.

Anyway, I don't know Bubba Wallace, but I don't need to know him to know that 99.9%++ of Americans would wish him a healthy, long and simply beautiful life.

Reactions: MetalAlien
Oct 26, 2018

EDITED TO ADD:

What?

If it turns out this was the case (or something similar), the left wing tards are getting tardier each day.

I was thinking someone hung a noose from the ceiling like it was lynching time 100 years ago.

Just about every garage that isn't automated with a garage door opener has a drawstring of some kind. I remember my old house as a kid and we had a similar pull down string too with a looped handle. It wasn't rope, then again it's just a normal garage door, not a giant heavy nascar door. It was some plasticky thing the previous owner or maybe my dad made when we moved in.

Last edited:

Cravis

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2006
Never underestimate how dumb the left can get. Geez people are stupid. In too much a rush to condemn and complain from their high horse on Twitter that they don’t bother to stop and think.

Oct 26, 2018
Never underestimate how dumb the left can get. Geez people are stupid. In too much a rush to condemn and complain from their high horse on Twitter that they don’t bother to stop and think.
It's the peak of social media.

Got to post it asap and get those clicks on Twitter or a news site. It's not like there's any repercussions for falsely putting the spotlight on someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cravis

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
The left has forced us into a post truth world. Intention no longer matters. Hell, whether or not it is a noose no longer matters. What matters is he experienced it as a noose, and therefore we must burn the witch white supremacist.

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
NASCAR has hated its own fans for years. I am not sure what their angle here is...but they don’t want to be seen as the sport of Red America.

But yeah, it is in terrible decline. After Xers the love of cars starts to decline generationally. Millennials and Zoomers don’t care about Motorsports or even driving themselves. I mentioned to my little cousin once that when I was in high school we had a social clique called “gear heads” who all fixed up old Camaros and Firebirds. She seemed puzzled by this and said it did not exist at her school among the boys.

Did you know harness racing was the most popular sport in America at the turn of the 20th Century? And Dan Patch (a horse) was the highest paid athlete....horses were a part of everything at that time, but of course that faded away. If kids (boys) don’t care about speed and wrenching on cars anymore...NASCAR is dead.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014

Stunning and brave.

Reactions: clem84

StormCell

Dec 11, 2018
NASCAR has hated its own fans for years. I am not sure what their angle here is...but they don’t want to be seen as the sport of Red America.

But yeah, it is in terrible decline. After Xers the love of cars starts to decline generationally. Millennials and Zoomers don’t care about Motorsports or even driving themselves. I mentioned to my little cousin once that when I was in high school we had a social clique called “gear heads” who all fixed up old Camaros and Firebirds. She seemed puzzled by this and said it did not exist at her school among the boys.

Did you know harness racing was the most popular sport in America at the turn of the 20th Century? And Dan Patch (a horse) was the highest paid athlete....horses were a part of everything at that time, but of course that faded away. If kids (boys) don’t care about speed and wrenching on cars anymore...NASCAR is dead.
I've been thinking for a while now that NASCAR was somehow still miraculously firing on at least one cylinder. It is a red America sport, for sure, but even among the southern population it's a kind of a joke to talk about these races as some kind of exciting event. What's so exciting about driving a big loop over and over again? It's not even exciting from the stands so how the hell is it supposed to be exciting on TV?

I believe the demise of the young gearheads rests with the automakers who sought to make even the most routine tasks more difficult to complete without special proprietary tools and/or a computer.

Reactions: appaws

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
I get the symbolism. The sport is making it clear it stands with him and not the bad actor(s) who left the noose. I think this is a great showing actually. And its an actual all positive form of protest, which we need more of.

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
There is no use pointing out the truth of events to somebody who is invested in the narrative… It doesn’t matter if it was just a rope for closing a garage door, Because the truth is that white people are evil and one of them would hang a noose to harass the poor boy....Even if this time nobody did.

It does not matter if it was one of his crew, or even Bubba himself who planted it… Because it is just as likely that an actual racist white person would’ve done it…

It doesn’t matter if it was a Jewish kid who painted the swastika on the synagogue, because racism is a public health issue and bringing attention to it and calling out racism is the most important thing, even more than facts. “The truth “is more important than facts.

The left was always going to have to deal eventually with the issue of “racism without racists “because their program of browbeating and brainwashing the public into being sensitive was actually very successful over the last 30 years… Racist incidents by whites against minorities are as rare as hens teeth, but keeping the narrative going is more important… That is why they came up with the idea of “structural “racism… Because they have to have a framework to launch accusations at society, Even when actual individuals are very racially tolerant.

Last edited:

teacupcopter

Sep 1, 2005
Your updated thoughts T teacupcopter ? Perhaps an apology?
ive got nothing to apologise for. I don’t buy your narrative that this wasn’t what bubba says it was. If The investigation shows that then fair enough. I’ll admit that. However it doesn’t change my larger point. If you actually read my post at the start then you will see I preface it with “if true”, and also and I get this is difficult for you trump supporters who are blinded by this shit, my point actually stands whether or not it was true. Making jokes about it before you even had an inkling or whether it was true or not. Especially the “pushing him back towards the noose” comment.

OmegaSupreme

Apr 17, 2019
ive got nothing to apologise for. I don’t buy your narrative that this wasn’t what bubba says it was. If The investigation shows that then fair enough. I’ll admit that. However it doesn’t change my larger point. If you actually read my post at the start then you will see I preface it with “if true”, and also and I get this is difficult for you trump supporters who are blinded by this shit, my point actually stands whether or not it was true. Making jokes about it before you even had an inkling or whether it was true or not. Especially the “pushing him back towards the noose” comment.
I'm not a trump supporter. Everyone who disagree with you is not necessarily a trump supporter. I think you're very much overly sensitive.