• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nate Fox is a little disconcerted by his Infamous GIF

:lol
tumblr_milq16NwQg1rbfevao1_250.gif

Jason Schreier, Kotaku writer: So, Nate, I have to ask: how do you feel about that GIF of your face being plastered all over?

Nate Fox, Infamous: Second Son director: It is humiliating.

Schreier: Is it?

Fox: Well, it’s not humiliating, it’s fine.

Schreier: I feel like it’s goodhearted—it’s not like people are making fun.

Fox: So, alright, here’s what happened. We made this video, this really cool video that featured that kind of 2D art style of the game which you saw today. It had these kinda neat transitions and sound effects. And I timed my speech out against the video—I thought, this’ll be great, people will be looking at the video. I’m just some bag of meat talking, right?

So I timed what I’m saying against this big snazzy transition in the video, and in one of them, I’m waiting while there’s this transition happening. And my sentence, you know, I’ll stop halfway because it’s being accented by the movie, but in the transmission of the show they put the camera on me. So I'm just saying sentences that stop halfway through and it doesn't make any sense at all. And then I’ll pick it up again and I didn’t know they would be looking at me.

Schreier: When was the first time you saw your face in GIF form?

Fox: I was at work, and my face lit up like Rudolph’s nose. It was a little embarrassing.
Thanks Kotaku

HeelPower

I actually think its an awesome gif.Not a humiliating one at all or at least I have never perceived it as a negative gif.

Like I said in the comments section of that article, I feel like this gif got the play it did not because 'he looks funny!', but because his monologue was such a bad, overblown sentiment for what turned out to be the trailer for a superhero action game.

Rapstah

Maybe they should have pre-recorded it if his speech was supposed to be synced to the video and the video was supposed to be on-screen.

Haha aw man, poor Nate. That would be pretty embarassing to me too, not thinking that the camera is focused on you while you're reading along with the video people are supposed to be paying attention to. Then you get home and see your face giffed all over the place. XD

Hopefully he just takes it as the internet poking fun. It was a pretty cheesy presentation but I think people are just having fun because the game really speaks for itself.

Great reaction gif, and nobody knows that it's from... it just fits to be a "wtf... " weirded out reaction.

It's only embarrassing for the person because he'll worry people think he's embarrassed/weirded out by what they played on the screen. But nobody else really thinks that about him.

Grisby

Was a bad monologue. I'd say just laugh it off and maybe do a parody of it in a future Second Son trailer.

Lol, god that was such a funny moment though.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I think its great to have things like that. Its good for him, his game, and his company to have gifs that are not about errors and terrible screwups.

He wasn't sad he was just timing his words to go along with the Video and so he had to stop a lot and talk slowly. Camera man screwed up and showed his face instead.
Camera men in Sony's shows are who should be embarrased.
Nate shouldnt feel humillated, in fact he looks like a Hollywood actor.

For me, it wasn't so much the awkward pauses that made it so ridiculous, but the overly dramatic concern/sadness he was trying to convey. We get it, the future is an awful place where people are discriminated against and hunted down.... in a video game.

DangerStepp

Is this the same cat who gave the really weird and dumb intro speech to inFamous Second Son back in February at the Sony Event?

TriGen

I thought what was funny was how intense he was talking about the game. Just like the Evolution guy was hilarious with how sexual he got talking about DriveClub. That Giant Bomb live-stream will go down in history because of those on-stage antics.

Flatline

Banned
So it's confirmed, Sony is hiring the most stupid directors ever. They fucked up the entire Gamecom presentation and now we learn the fucked up the Infamous E3 one too. WTF?

So it's confirmed, Sony is hiring the most stupid directors ever. They fucked up the entire Gamecom presentation and now we learn the fucked up the Infamous E3 one too. WTF?
It went on with the yesterday Japan confence.Half deep down video shows a general view instead of the fucking video.

KarmaCow

It's not really about how he looks, it was more the overdramatic speech about the nanny state followed by "so anyway you can blow dudes up with your mind". The gif just encapsulated that nonsense.

edit: that comes off as harsh, sorry. Good on him for owning it.

tehPete

Banned
It's a great gif, neatly sums up (with a measure of irony) how I feel about some of the event feeds this year - such as Sony's Gamescom debacle.

I know, lets show everyone watching online an atmospheric shot of the audience watching an awesome trailer..

Top Bottom