• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog Has Started Casting For A Secret New Game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://segmentnext.com/2018/10/11/naughty-dog-casting-new-game/#nnn

We know that there are two teams at Naughty Dog and that they were able to work on Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us at the same time. The game seems to be in the early stages of development as the cast is being selected right now. Daniel R is well known for reporting leaks and the following is what the had to say in this regard:

This is very interesting indeed. I am sure that the fans did not expect the devs to be working on another game at this point. Daniel also talked about the description of one of the leads that the developer was looking for. The character is described as follows:

They should do a sad story driven game that takes place during a super hostile super powerful alien invasion like the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds or something. Like where the aliens just gas and vaporize humans and also harvest protein and chlorophyl.

Last edited:

CeeJay

This is not a surprise to be fair. You don't tend to get everyone working on a project all at the same time. For example, the writers will not be involved in the latter parts of development (not including DLC) whereas the QA testers will not have a lot to do in the early planning stages of a game. There will be a lot of people at ND who have completed their work on TLOU2 and will then have moved on to begin the next project.

This does however appear to confirm that this new project is probably going to be a character driven game with a realistic art style similar to their Uncharted and TLOU games rather than anything radically different in visual style such as going back to their Crash cartoon style past.

Whitecrow

Banned
TLOU 2 will be ready for PS5 launch in late 2019.

it's a great time to start a new project = )

Last edited:

Dunki

cool I wonder how many racist asshole actors they will handpick for this game. Last of us 2 was only one guy so far.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I was hoping they'd hire that literal actor in the photo. He's a really good actor.

Fbh

Well I hope that picture is just in reference to the body type and nothing more.
Because the clothes and outfit look le he could be out of both an Uncharted or Last of Us game and I hope they work on something new and for their next project.

I'd love to see ND get into Sci Fi or Supernatural themes

Last edited:

hecatomb

Banned
If its a new IP, I wonder if they will try to make a FPS, or some kind of rpg. So far they have only done 3rd person shooter type games.

hecatomb

Banned
Yeah... if there were only such things like Jak & Daxter and Crash Bandicoot. But Naughty Dog certainly had nothing to do with either.
Thanks for sounding like a patronizing ass, but do you know what the definition of 3rd person is?

Last edited:

Venuspower

Not surprising at all.
The Last of Us Part II probably is "near" the end of the devlopment cycle.
From what I know Naughty Dog stated in the past that a small team of developers will start finding ideas for a new game
as soon as the other project goes into full production (probably concept artits and so on).

€: The dude in the photo looks like Tyrees from The Walking Dead (I guess it is him). Maybe they should cast the actor.

Last edited:

farmerboy

They should do a sad story driven game that takes place during a super hostile super powerful alien invasion like the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds or something. Like where the aliens just gas and vaporize humans and also harvest protein and chlorophyl.

Sounds whimsical

ExpandKong

Banned
Preproduction includes Nolan North and Troy Baker doing best out of 100 rock-paper-scissors to see who gets to be lead this time.

ExpandKong

Banned
They will play a fused character and speak at the same time.

goten_and_trunks_do_the_fusion_dance_by_supersweetness918-d4u4ljn.gif

Nah, that's old news. It's between Claudia Black and Laura Bailey now. ;)

Ah shit, I forgot how woke they are now.

xviper

Could be. For all we know its their last PS4 game.

PS3 got like 4 titles from them.
i remember before ps4 came out sony said that the development on ps4 is as easy and fast as the ps1 so we should expect a lot of games released quickly like in the ps1\ps2 days

what a load of crap

EDMIX

i remember before ps4 came out sony said that the development on ps4 is as easy and fast as the ps1 so we should expect a lot of games released quickly like in the ps1\ps2 days

what a load of crap

"so we should expect a lot of games released quickly " Well that is an assumption as a team can still spend years working on a game by choice. Look at Cyberpunk 2077. So having easier hardware doesn't mean a team will make a game faster, it just means they CAN if they want to.

It will star Nadene who has undergone gender transition and you will fight through professional wrestler bodybuilding aliens in Atlantis to save your boyfriend.
Sundays on AMC.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
It’d be nice if they tried something completely different from the Uncharted/TLoU mold.

I won’t hold my breath.

Top Bottom