• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog new 4chan "leak": Stray's Cross (PS5 VR); TLOU2: Dark Sides (MP+Abby DLC); Uncharted - Chronicles Edition

KungFucius

King Snowflake
A continuation of the TLOU II ending would be neat. Please not be a flashback DLC.
Agreed. I would like to find out how Abby gets to Catalina and what awaits her there. I don't fucking care about flashbacks because the story is well defined as it is.

Certinty

Abby DLC? No.

Set before the final chapter? Even bigger no.

Ellie DLC after the final chapter and I would have been a little tempted even though I hate the story of the second game.

Aggelos

giphy.gif

kyliethicc

After the success of the Uncharted 4 spinoff you’d think they would go for it again.
They are sorta. The multiplayer will be that ~ $40 paid DLC/spinoff (like Lost Legacy and Miles Morales.) Probably coming this fall, crossgen. Also bet the multiplayer and TLOU Pt2 Remastered get bundled for $70 on PS5, just like they did with Miles.

But I doubt they do any singleplayer DLC for Part 2.

Shmunter

They are sorta. The multiplayer will be that ~ $40 paid DLC/spinoff (like Lost Legacy and Miles Morales.) Probably coming this fall, crossgen. Also bet the multiplayer and TLOU Pt2 Remastered get bundled for $70 on PS5, just like they did with Miles.

But I doubt they do any singleplayer DLC for Part 2.
I’m sure I read somewhere that the mp mode was to a free add on?!?

SCB3

Q1 2022? The hype for TLOU2 will be long long gone by then, especially if no PS5 version is in the works

kyliethicc

Nah they've never said anything about price or release date, etc.

Maybe it'll be free, but I doubt it. My guess is they'll make it bigger and sell it for like $20-$40. Otherwise, whats taking so long?

If it was gonna be a smaller free add on like Ghost of Tsushima Legends, then it'd be out by now.

SilentUser

I would love to see a first person game made by Naught Dog. I like when studios try new things, something they are not really used to do but not really that for off from what they usually do.

Kumomeme

The meeting seems to have concluded with a short video of the new IP in development. Stray's Cross. Stray's Cross will be the first new IP, sci-fi, AAA, created by the Naughty Dog studio for PS5 and compatible with the PSVR2. A short clip shows the protagonist, with a first-person view, during a shooting as he crosses portals that lead to different eras, from modern to Egyptian, from futuristic to prehistoric. And although the publication date of this new IP has not been finalized, the studio is doing its utmost to create an experience as interactive as possible. [also specifying how the announcement of the Uncharted - Chronicles Collection, and The Last of Us Part 2 - Dark Sides are still scheduled for fiscal year 2021]

did they assume the character's gender?

How Dare You Greta GIF

Camreezie

Only thing that interests me there is Golden Abyss as I never played it. Would suck to have to buy a full release of the other 5 games just to get that. Strays Cross , if it's real will be years away

THEAP99

Banned
That strays cross rumor has been around since like 2019, I don't believe it.

As for the Battle Royale, anyone can guess that. I mean the game is practically already made:
  • They already have the looting and crafting system down
  • They have boats and horses that could be used for transportation
  • Seattle or Santa Barbara can be the maps for battle royale
  • They have infected which could be used as dynamic world events. Like a squad can go down into the hospital basement and fight rat king for some high-tier loot. Or they could bring rat king out into the open and have him unleash on other players
    • That can also be done for any of the infected really
  • The circle would closed in by spores and gas masks would eventually break like warzone
  • They can even have spory points around the map where you have to have a mask to survive in
There is simply so much they can do with a battle royale mode and it's so logical that it's probably true.
I don't think they're going to do Abby DLC either, Druckmann has said they are not interested in DLC.
As for the Uncharted chronicles I am not sure if I believe that other because that sounds like something a studio outside of Naughty Dog would handle.

Now TLOU2 remastered for ps5 that better be in the works and release soon I am dying for it.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
TLOU2 MP is probably the most wanted thing since they said it won’t have MP at launch.

Abby DLC makes sense... it is by far the best part of the game.

Even so it looks fake.

Last edited:
First person game from ND?

Doubtful

And the leak doesnt go into details for anything. Sci fi game, but no details about story or characters. "Multiplayer mode" for TLOU, but no details.

I dont buy it
Why not?

Pretty sure we went from Killzone to Horizon Zero Dawn, from InFamous to Ghosts of Tsushima.

If theres anything about Sony studios these days, it seems like they're in this new push to have first party devs have their hands in a different direction and see where that takes them.

mxbison

Probably fake but a Naughty Dog game for PSVR2 launch would be insane.

Fuck, I'm gonna have like 5 VR sets flying around in a couple of years...

Duchess

Abby DLC makes sense... it is by far the best part of the game.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I personally expected to hate Abby's section. In the end, I really enjoyed it. It was nice to play as Ellie once again, though.

Sportsman's bet here: the final chapter of The Last of Us will feature at least one section where Ellie and Abby are working together as allies. Abby will also have lost quite a lot more of her muscle (she was quite a bit thinner at the end of Part 2, if I remember rightly..?)

prag16

Banned
Hmm. Wouldn't want to buy the entire series for the third time, but would be interested in checking out a standalone Golden Abyss because why not.

Metnut

New IP sounds great. I’ve already played the Uncharted Games and TLOU2 and while I loved these games and will pay for new content, I’m not buying TLOU2 again at full price just for an extra chapter (since I don’t give a shit about multiplayer).

Hopefully they do what FF7R and sell the new content on its own.

Bartski

Gold Member

I remember them saying they're going for something way bigger suggesting a stand-alone release... The Abby DLC part sounds really suspicious tho (that subtitle wtf?), more backlash guaranteed they must be tired of.

iorek21

So, after Bluepoint handling the Uncharted remaster suddenly Naughty Dog takes over and makes a huge new package for PS5 and PC at the same time?

Riiiiiiiiight

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Kinda bummed I just played the whole series for the first time right before this. I got the Collection for free last summer and actually played it when I got a PS5. Playing UC4 in 30 fps was brutal compared to the others.

Elios83

4chan lol

But I'd certainly like their next game to be a new IP.
But this seems all made up with the VR stuff added just because they recently announced PSVR2.

Golden Abyss is going to need a ton of work on those low res graphics and to remove all the touch controls, but it is the only one I'm looking for playing on ps5, all other uncharteds are a borefest.
They wouldn't even need to remove most of the touch controls as the Dualsense controller has a touch pad.

ZoukGalaxy

Love your grain of salt 😂
By the way, I really hope that the PSVR2 game rumor is true, would really LOVE to see what ND is able to achieve in VR 💖

Top Bottom