• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog receives 120 PS4 dev kits

USC-fan

Banned
Those PS4 are scared.... already smoke coming from the boxes!

The last of us looks better than some "next-gen" games. PS4 game from ND is just going to be insane.

Robbler

Banned
At least one will be for their mascot.

naamloosmgboi.png

That dog died a couple of months ago :(

B_Boss

...and they probably didn't have to pay a damned cent. Amazing ND. Really time to get crackin' now lol.

Those PS4 are scared.... already smoke coming from the boxes!

The last of us looks better than some "next-gen" games. PS4 game from ND is just going to be insane.

from a distance, yeah. but up close you notice a ton of the issues that are due to current gen.

A ps4 TLoU...could really be something, Less Linear, more open design, more enemies/animations, better AI, better physics, etc and so forth.

daveo42

Banned
120 MORE* dev kits. How many did they have to begin with.

They are making a MMO or something I bet. A living world Uncharted, or TLoU.

Open world TLoU MMO with a heavy focus on PVP for supplies, safe houses, with a loose story system surviving against infected while you search for a potential cure/the last surviving groups of human civilization.

Options for gaining companions to help in keeping you and your group alive. Join up with other survivors to even the odds against other scavengers, hostile hunters, and infected in sprawling cities reclaimed by nature. Includes an updated crafting system, a barter system, and the option to go renegade and become a hunter yourself.

Persistent world moves even when you aren't logged in. Safe houses help keep you safe during downtime, but going it in the wilderness could mean simply losing supplies or becoming infected yourself.

I'm really thinking it could be something like Day-Z, but much much bigger and in the TLoU universe.

tensuke

Open world TLoU MMO with a heavy focus on PVP for supplies, safe houses, with a loose story system surviving against infected while you search for a potential cure/the last surviving groups of human civilization.

Options for gaining companions to help in keeping you and your group alive. Join up with other survivors to even the odds against other scavengers, hostile hunters, and infected in sprawling cities reclaimed by nature. Includes an updated crafting system, a barter system, and the option to go renegade and become a hunter yourself.

Persistent world moves even when you aren't logged in. Safe houses help keep you safe during downtime, but going it in the wilderness could mean simply losing supplies or becoming infected yourself.

I'm really thinking it could be something like Day-Z, but much much bigger and in the TLoU universe.

The Rest of Us

GodofWine

TLOU online, along the lines of DayZ with perma death etc.

dial that up, I'll be waiting.

(maybe sony is buying the dayz team and moving them into ND...tales from my arse.)

Sony really want Naughty Dog to remain exclusive.

You do realize now how stupid that is, right?

the amount of pressure that must be on ND... damn.

I used to think the same. I thought there was NO way they could make another IP that was as good and critically aclaimed as uncharted... than TLoU happened.

That's why I don't worry anyomre. Whatever comes from them, I just know it will be great.

LuuKyK

To think of the wonders that will come out of these.

Cant wait for a new Uncharted (or whatever they do honestly).

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I would actually prefer another Uncharted to a new Last of Us despite the saturation of the former, only because I feel like Last of Us ended so well.

I would be good with a side story or rerelease though. And of course a new IP. I don't know if I want a new Crash Bandicoot. Maybe give that to Media Molecule (not to imply that certain studios need to be pigeon-holed to certain genres).

Top Bottom