• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog sponsors my local Animal Shelter

ashism

Today I was at my local Animal Shelter here in Long Beach with my better half and her sister. We we're looking for a new dog. We didn't find one, but tomorrow is another day.

Most of the kennels were sponsored by Iam's, Advantix, or other pet related commercial brands. One of the kennels in particular caught my eye upon entering. The logo was very familiar.

naughtydog.jpg

I thought this was pretty sweet of naughty dog. Already notorious for being a cool company, it's awesome seeing them donate to something both local and important. LB Animal Shelter is very well setup and staffed, all the donations make an obvious difference I am sure.

The kennel was very high res btw, the dogs had some of the most realistic facial animations I think our generation has experienced.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Nate to have an animal companion for Uncharted 3 is confirmed. I expect it to have its own version of the half tuck. Perhaps one ear up and one folded down or something.

Dead Man

Nice one ND.

Kintaro said:
Nate to have an animal companion for Uncharted 3 is confirmed. I expect it to have its own version of the half tuck. Perhaps one ear up and one folded down or something.
Day one.

Takuhi

Ha! Nice find!

Good for them. Kind of odd since I don't think there's ever been a dog in any of their games (I know it's in their name, but still). I think every RPG that participates in the recent trend of dog NPC companion should feel duty bound to do the same. Lionhead, Bethesda, BioWare—get cracking! Time to repay dogkind for creating your most memorable character!

AniHawk

Well of course it looks like a kennel, but once you actually take a good look inside, it's actually a modified tanning booth. Their reasoning is that people get bored of dogs without tans.

AniHawk said:
Well of course it looks like a kennel, but once you actually take a good look inside, it's actually a modified tanning booth. Their reasoning is that people get bored of dogs without tans.
clap

FHIZ

JCtheMC said:
Also a +1 for ND for not sending out a press release announcing them doing this.
Very true. Could have easily been spun into "Hey look how fucking AWARE we are. This is charity people, we're awesome, oh by the way did you know our blockbuster Uncharted 2 is out now for the Playstation 3 Computer Entertainment System, that recently did just get a price cut you know? We hear it does everything."

bumpkin

Kintaro said:
Game. Set. Match. :lol

Also agree that it's really cool of ND to have donated something like that.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
JCtheMC said:
Also a +1 for ND for not sending out a press release announcing them doing this.
Another way to look at it: instead of specifically praising ND for this (not to say they don't deserve praise, of course), think of all the companies out there that do this that you never hear about. How long has Naughty Dog been doing this (or something similar) before now that we've just never heard about it?

This type of thing is a lot more prevalent than most people would have you believe. It really annoys me to see things like Target getting crap every year for not letting Salvation Army bell ringers solicit in front of their stores when they donate millions to community causes each year, INCLUDING money that goes directly to the Salvation Army itself.

Kintaro said:

It would have to be a monkey to follow him. Or a dog with a jet pack.

Curufinwe

Kintaro said:

I had a dog whose ears were like that sometimes, other times they were folded over on top of her head like a hat.

Good for Naughty Dog.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Nice. We adopted our first dog from a shelter. These are precious animals that will love whoever saves them for the rest of their lives.

And I would love for Nate to have an animal companion. But dogs can't climb. Chimps are gimmicky. :D

AniHawk said:

It's time for you to bury the hatchet.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
ashism said:
Cesar Milan told me this is the best way to establish dominance. Be the pack leader.

"Don't reason with it. Don't argue with it. Just dominate it with a spinning piledriver."

True story.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
An amazing act, indeed.

Kintaro said:

Where do I pre-order?

Top Bottom