• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Dynomutt

A big 3 no one ever asked for.

It all rests on Mr. Swag in the middle. If Schroder is consistent and puts in work (assists/shooting) the Hawks could be killer. His shot dies at the end of the season. They could run high screens with Milsap and pick and roll with Dwight with the occasional kick out to three point shooters it could work.

Mr.Sumal

Whats the consensus on the T-wolves? KAT,Wiggins,Dunn and LaVine. I feel they'll be like the Lakers just missing the playoffs this year but wrecking the league in a few years.

I see them making the playoffs and upsetting the old spurs if they match up. Just making the playoffs should be their priority

it's the clips or spurs for the #2 seed. Even if they fail to grab the 2nd seed I fully expect them to go by the spurs in the semis if they're fully healthy

Clips gon get either that Portland or OKC work before it gets to the Spurs.

Beastbrook is gonna be on one this year.

It all rests on Mr. Swag in the middle. If Schroder is consistent and puts in work (assists/shooting) the Hawks could be killer. His shot dies at the end of the season. They could run high screens with Milsap and pick and roll with Dwight with the occasional kick out to three point shooters it could work.

Search your feelings...it's the Hawks, man.

Mr.Sumal

Clips gon get either that Portland or OKC work before it gets to the Spurs.

Beastbrook is gonna be on one this year.
I don't expect the clippers to face either of them. I wouldn't be surprised if both the thunder and trailblazer faced each other in the next postseason

I fully agree that Westbrook will dominate this season. That man means business yall

LeBron could see this as his last crack at an MVP. If he has his usual season and the Cavs win 60 games, he will probably get a lot of buzz for the award while the GSW guys split their votes, but that all depends on whether or not the Cavs decide to go all out, or coast.

I just question whether Harden and YNB's teams will win enough games to get real consideration.

I wonder if Lebron will play enough to get the votes. He won the title, so I could see him using the regular season to coast. He's done it before and really it's smart assuming they are still as ahead of the rest of the East as they normally are.

xHiryu

the ascent of Based Butler continues.
1367338010_jimmy_butler__deal_with_it.gif

im glad to have a reason to use cable again, NBA is gonna be hella fun this year boys. Knicks are gonna be fun to watch, Wade and Butler finna wreck shit, Embiid continues to troll and amaze, fuck the Warriors and PG13 for MVP.

Whats the consensus on the T-wolves? KAT,Wiggins,Dunn and LaVine. I feel they'll be like the Lakers just missing the playoffs this year but wrecking the league in a few years.

depends on Thibs tbh, if he can help Wiggins elevate his game while KAT avoids the sophomore slump then they're a problem. If Dunn becomes something too then watch out.

Kris Dunn had a horrible pre season. I think Rubio will be displaced next season if he isn't traded, but Dunn should get 16 minutes at the most this year since they're pushing for the playoffs.

jwhit28

I can't get hyped for this season. Last year's free-wheeling, 3 chucking, high-transition Hornets seem like a 1 year tease. Bringing in Hibbert, losing Lin and his Super Saiyan hair, the downgrade from Hawes to Kaminsky in outside shooting big men. I love MKG but he is no Courtney Lee offensively. They need to just throw as much money as they can at the analytics guys that helped Kawhi's shot and have them work with MKG. At least the schedule starts off on the soft side.

Y'all ready for the WNBA?

I'm ready to keep reliving that great Final series which ended with a title for LA's CP3.
WNBA's CP3 > NBA's CP3.

Anyway, I just want Exum to have a good season. And for Anthony Davis to play 80 games. And for Patrick McCaw to add more fuel to the hellfire. And for Cousins to get out of Sacramento. And for Kahwi to win MVP.

Basically I want a lot of things.

This is the first season where I'm actively trying to get into the NBA as a fan and I can't wait lol. The only problem is I'm having trouble trying to pick a team lol. I have family ties to Toronto and been there a few times, but I want to support a team that's the closest to where I live (like the 49ers...FML) but something about gsw besides the bandwagon rubs me the wrong way. The kings are also close the 2nd closest to me but idk if I can handle being a fan of 2 shit teams atm

Go Cavs

Fuck the Warriors

Etc

Edit:

Tonight is going to be LEGIT in Cleveland. Cavs ring ceremony, with Game 1 of the World Series right next door. I can't even.

PatjuhR

I might stay up for it.

But I've said that before and I fall asleep right before and still feeling terribly in the morning. It's at 2 or 3 am for me.

Servbot24

Banned
This is the first season where I'm actively trying to get into the NBA as a fan and I can't wait lol. The only problem is I'm having trouble trying to pick a team lol. I have family ties to Toronto and been there a few times, but I want to support a team that's the closest to where I live (like the 49ers...FML) but something about gsw besides the bandwagon rubs me the wrong way. The kings are also close the 2nd closest to me but idk if I can handle being a fan of 2 shit teams atm

Clippers should be alright

Top Bottom